No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I being hyper-critical or has Lloris been poor for both Chelsea goals? I haven't had a perfect view of the first yet but he appeared to pull his hand away from the shot at the vital moment and on the second he's beaten far too easily on his his near post for me, Clive.

Comment

Is Wembley a factor or was it just Spurs having the proverbial glass jaw?

Comment

NBC have just referred to Huddersfield's win being "historic", which sounds suspiciously like an assumption that football began in 1992.

Comment

First goal was beyond Lloris I think but the second started with his poor distribution and finished with poor positioning on the shot.

Comment

What odds can you get on there being no London club in the Premiership top four at the end of the season?

Comment

So who's up for MOTD2?

Comment

I'm watching some weird film on channel 4 with a heavy Neil Le Bute vibe. I don't know what it is or what it's going to turn into, but it's better than sofa bantz with the Sunday lads.

The Gift is the fillum. Marginally more potentially entertaining than Spurs Spursing it yet again.
                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 20-08-2017, 21:44.

Comment

Seems like playing for Spurs gives you immunity from red cards.

Comment

Good goal that for Huddersfield

Comment

Jermaine Jenas was on MOTD last night and is now on MOTD2. Busy weekend for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        Seems like playing for Spurs gives you immunity from red cards.
                        Even I'm starting to think some of our players must have charmed lives. Dele was (rightly) dismissed a year ago in the CL, but - as far as I can recall - Spurs haven't had a Prem League sending-off since at least the season before last.

As for Hugo Lloris, he had a bad game in general, IMO. There were a couple of distribution moments that had me cringing long before his poor reaction to the winning goal: however, the free-kick, nobody would've stopped.

(I seem to have become Yoda with that last sentence...)

Comment

I watched Match of the Day 2 last night and was surprised by the new gimmick of the pundit (Jermaine Jenas)getting up from their chair to walk across to a screen to do their analysis. It was weird and quite pointless. Do they do that on Saturday's MOTD now too?

Comment

Not sure. I'm usually on OTF during the pundit breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by lackedpunch View Post
                              I watched Match of the Day 2 last night and was surprised by the new gimmick of the pundit (Jermaine Jenas)getting up from their chair to walk across to a screen to do their analysis. It was weird and quite pointless. Do they do that on Saturday's MOTD now too?
                              That is copied from Fox in the US, where Lalas and Barton do it. However, they are already positioned by the screen when the station comes from its ad break, so I think the problem is getting Jonas from chair to screen on a station that has no ad break.

Comment

For the Championship, Channel 5 move the presenter and pundit over to the screen while the match is being shown, or bring in a second pundit who does the screen bit solo.

The BBC manages well enough with its NFL highlights programme, so that Mark Chapman and Osi are already at the screen when they are doing the match, leaving Jason Bell seated. So perhaps they just forgot to move while the highlights were on.

Comment

When Jenas stood up, for a brief moment I thought there was real drama on MOTD, and he was walking off, like the BeeGees did to Clive Anderson. When he got to the big screen that he didn't know how to work, my eyes glazed back over.

Comment

Proper low visibility football evening in Manchester tonight. Good to see (partially).

Comment

When did David Silva turn in to Stephen Ireland?!

Comment

He's not gone bald has he?

Stephen Ireland. What a fanny. I'm sure most of us would have turned out just as stupid thoughtless and career wasting if we'd been given a big bag of cash in our teens. But really. Oh wot a waste.

Comment

Ha, classic sucker punch.

Comment

Unsure whether he's just having a really good game tonight, but Nathan Holgate looks to be a phenomenal prospect at Everton.

Comment

Rooney's 200th Premier League goal. Only another 61 until he overtakes Alan Shearer to lead that particular chart, which is quite a lot.

Comment

Lol, this is entertaining

Comment

It is indeed.

Comment

That was never a red, but still... LOL.

TLMG took no amusement from Kyle "take the money and run" Walker being sent off. None at all.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X