No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be a great feeling to be 3-1 up at Anfield at half time. It doesn't feel like that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
      Cue endless replays at half time of VAR replays. Even more fucking tiresome "talking points" than before.
      Yes, half time will have no mention of the football that has been played. Just all of the 'incident.'

Comment

VAR needs doing away with. 4 minutes added on, and it should have been more with the injuries as well, to check two decisions that still look marginal even after countless replays, and one that was always a clear goal. If an assistant isn't competent to give the ref any help he needs to allow that goal, there's little point to his role.

Comment

There should have been at least six minutes added on. I think the officials just wanted to get off the pitch.

Comment

We've only got VAR in this game because BT want to show the match at a bloody stupid time.

Comment

I was so mad about the giving of a penalty through VAR I took my son upstairs to bed before the actual penalty kick, Came back downstairs after 10 minutes or so. The penalty ws obviously either saved by Foster or it was missed. However, I have no idea as the half time punditry on BT sport didn't mention it. I could check online but I shouldn't have to.

Comment

I think it's hilarious. And if it signals the death of agricultural defending (holding, sneaky shirt pulls, trips etc.) then all the better.

Comment

I'm just thankful it wasn't an 8pm kick off, cos if it had been I might've tried to get back from Carlisle v Forest Green in time to do this as well. As it is my nephew is getting the 'benefit' and I'm on the sofa swearing enthusiastically at the telly.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                    I think it's hilarious. And if it signals the death of agricultural defending (holding, sneaky shirt pulls, trips etc.) then all the better.
                    Do you really think it’s going to end those things that are (as you state yourself with the word “sneaky”) rarely going to be spotted within the flow of the game to be even referred to VAR?

It looks like it is going to be largely used for incidents like offside or handball claims which are spotted but need verifying with footage.

Comment

The worst bit is that I've stayed in on a Saturday night to watch this shite.

Comment

Well it just caught one, Ray. One the defender thought he'd got away with.
                        And you'll note I said "if" not "when."
                        Honestly, it's as if sometimes you feel the need to disagree with me on principal.
                        Have I made you cry in the past or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Do you really think it’s going to end those things that are (as you state yourself with the word “sneaky”) rarely going to be spotted within the flow of the game to be even referred to VAR?

It looks like it is going to be largely used for incidents like offside or handball claims which are spotted but need verifying with footage.
                          Yes, I can't see it being used for those 'smaller' incidents. What it does seem to be signalling is the death of being able to jump up and down in ecstasy at the scoring of an unexpected goal and that is a much worse thing, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                            Well it just caught one, Ray. One the defender thought he'd got away with.
                            And you'll note I said "if" not "when."
                            Honestly, it's as if sometimes you feel the need to disagree with me on principal.
                            Have I made you cry in the past or something?

Christ, paranoid much?

You say things I find debatable, so I debate them with you.

It’s how these things work.

Comment

Not at all. Just concerned for you.

Comment

Hah. 3 subs, including Henderson. That'd this game all over then.

Comment

I don't know what's more annoying, Jonny Evans' perma-sneer / grimace, or West Brom's time wasting with 20 minutes left.

Comment

Time wasting with 20 minutes left? Under Pulis it was more like an hour.

Comment

I have no idea why Moreno hasn't been melted down for glue.

Comment

I have only today realised that Alexander Arnold is called (Something) Alexander - Arnold and not simply Alexander Arnold.

Comment

Trent.

Comment

Well, can't say West Brom didn't deserve it. They were much the better team, even with half their squad ill or injured.

Comment

Still, at least we don't miss Coutinho.

If Klopp hasn't identified that there is a serious creativity problem in midfield, that's worrying. If he hasn't identified that he doesn't have a goalkeeper worthy of the title, then he's mad.

Comment

It's becoming a habit:

West Brom join Barnsley, Reading, Oldham, Aston Villa, West Ham and Wolves in Liverpool’s recent FA Cup hall of shame [Grauniad]

Comment

Where are those posts where United fans say they'd rather have habitual loser Klopp over handsome kingpin Mourinho? He's lucky his fans and the press buy his look-at-me histrionics.

Comment

I think Liverpool have settled for getting to the Champions League last 16 and finishing 3rd or 4th in the Prem as being 'par', but that was the syndrome that Wenger got into at Arsenal, which then led to Europa League and a Wembley final being 'par'.

Mourniho seems to be spunking a lot of cash, though, whereas Klopp has just been forced to sell a top player (whether he will reinvest the money wisely remains to be seen).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X