No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

longeared mat not agree but 2nd half if Ipswich Wednesday has been pretty good with plenty of attacking football from both sides.

Comment

We've replaced Celtic with FC Sète 34, let's see if anyone notices . . .

Comment

Plucky Manchester United bravely held out for 89 minutes, but Basel have snatched it at the death.

Comment

Staking their claim as the new Sevilla.

A loss to CSKA will set them up nicely.

Comment

Dare To Nuhiu

Comment

Here's an interesting stat.

PSG have scored 24 and conceded 1 so far in these group stages.

The only one of those goals scored by a player who came through their youth system is the one they conceded.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                longeared mat not agree but 2nd half if Ipswich Wednesday has been pretty good with plenty of attacking football from both sides.
                Yeah, second half was a very watchable game of football (and I would have said that before our late late equaliser). Fair result but shouldn't disguise our woeful defending or flimsy attacking threat.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Here's an interesting stat.

PSG have scored 24 and conceded 1 so far in these group stages.

The only one of those goals scored by a player who came through their youth system is the one they conceded.
                  That is fantastic.

Comment

I watched the Celtic game in a gay bar yesterday. It was not only depressing to watch, but also to hear the comments about the mismatch in looks between the two sides.

Cavani definitely very popular with the (admittedly disinterested) clientele.

Comment

And what fucking colour is that Man Utd strip?

Comment

Sète trente-quatre haven't conceded sept in onze matches (in national deux) in dix-sept-dix-huit.

Played 11, For 9, Against 5.

Probably not the most exciting team to watch. But there'd be more reason to stay for the second half than at PSG.

Sète would wipe the floor with the Parisians at nautical jousting.

Is the green-and-white hoops the only football shirt to have been sponsored by a spa (Les thermes de Balaruc-les-Bains)?

Comment

Queen Elizabeth, Piers Morgan, Nick Hornby, Barron Trump, Mr Agreeable, Osama bin Laden, Jay-Z, wir haben sie alle geschlagen. Queen Elizabeth, kannst Du mich hören? Queen Elizabeth, Deine Jungs haben ein kräftiges Arschvoll bekommen.

Comment

Everton concede another Everton goal in a half empty Goodison, Atalanta fans making all the noise

Comment

Ooooh dear, Everton...

Comment

Originally posted by laverte View Post

Is the green-and-white hoops the only football shirt to have been sponsored by a spa (Les thermes de Balaruc-les-Bains)?
                                I love you, but, you don't want to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by laverte View Post
                                  Sète trente-quatre haven't conceded sept in onze matches (in national deux) in dix-sept-dix-huit.
                                  Played 11, For 9, Against 5.

Probably not the most exciting team to watch. But there'd be more reason to stay for the second half than at PSG.

Sète would wipe the floor with the Parisians at nautical jousting.

Is the green-and-white hoops the only football shirt to have been sponsored by a spa* (Les thermes de Balaruc-les-Bains)?
                                  Last time I saw Sète34 play (that was in the 1970s & early 80s – we had relatives there, still do – just plain FC Sète then, in Division 2/3), their back 4 was often at 6s and 7s, especially when Troyes (3) were in town.

I once saw Bourg-en-Bresse FC (a club from the Ain department, 1) totally sink (5) Sète, pathetic, it’s when I understood why they call Sète the "Venice of the Languedoc", they were often all at sea. I remember saying to myself "enough is enough" after that, in French of course (un œuf est un 9).

Right, you can fill in your Lottery ticket now.

(*don't know about the spa & football but pretty sure Serge Blanco's big thalassotherapy-wellness-hotel complex near Biarritz used to - or still do maybe - sponsor a rugby club in the Basque country)

Comment

One could try to make an argument for Evian Thionon Gaillard FC during their brief period of glory, but I would give any such attempt the thumbs down (see also Perrier’s long time Coupe de France sponsorship). My guess is that you would find amateur clubs in some of the German “Bad” towns that are sponsored by proper spas (see also Karloff Vary, etc]

Comment

On free to air tonight, England v Bosnia Herzegovina women’s World Cup qualifier has just kicked off on BBC2. On FreeSports at 8pm it’s Tenerife v Rayo Vallecano.

Comment

The Moyes effect. Jamie Vardy just nutmegged half of Dagenham* playing that pass. 1-0 Leicester.

* Or some other town in the general vicinity
                                        Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 24-11-2017, 20:12.

Comment

1-1 at half time. West Ham scramble home an equaliser from a corner. One good delivery preceded by thousands that hit the first man.

Comment

It's probably just me, but whenever I hear the commentator say "Ndidi", this image swims into my head...

Comment

I watched some of the Wales game on the red button. Kazakhstan were pretty desperate and made some bad tackles. Missed the only goal because I'd gone out to buy chips.

Comment

Watford's second? third? kit is an assault on aesthetics

Comment

An aessault?

Comment

Bayern now 2-0 down at Munchengladbach.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X