No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six minutes gone and England already two up. On injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
      How shite were Ireland? Has O’Neill loosened the reigns from strictly Clog and hoof ball?
      Of course not. One sublime through ball apart they were game, committed, physical and full of running. Rice played well but not enough to justify his lauding on RTE.

Given England’s paltry resources at defensive central midfield, I would not be surprised if there were approaches ahead of our next competitive match for him. He could be the new Livermore.

Comment

Joe Gomez injured again. I really hope that sub is precautionary, for his sake.

Plus: Alberto Moreno. <shudder>

Comment

Costa Rica lead at Hampden.

Comment

Fuck sake England. Fuck sake.

Comment

Fuck sake Scotland. Fuck sake.

Comment

Deja-vu time for the Scots...

Comment

Glenn and Clive are getting excited about England's performance so far, but it is helping that the Dutch keep gifting them* the ball back.

* The England players, not Glenn and Clive

Comment

Some of England's passing out of defence has been decent, to be fair. The final balls have been largely that, however...

Comment

I'm turning over to Germany v Spain for the second half. 1-1 at half time.

Comment

just caught the last 10 minutes of Ireland game. Then absentmindedly doing other stuff on the laptop. After the Ireland game they are showing Waterford United versus Shamrock rovers. Waterford are playing 4-4-2 diamond, with a high line and pressing, Shamrock rovers started out playing 4-3-3, switching to 3-4-3 in possession, right up until they have a player sent off after 10 minutes. Waterford united go for the kill, and curtis something, an irish u-21 on loan from fulham scores a slick first, Rovers keep the head, and one of their players curls one in from the corner of the box like Bergkamp on a good day. Waterford united keep going with their high pressing game, and win the ball back high up the pitch, the player gets to the endline, and has his pick of three players streaming into the box in trademark louis van gaal fashion, and picks out the guy at the back post for a Gabriel Jesus goal.

I really really wish that Jose Mourinho and Martin O'Neill had the commitment to possession based football, and playing out from the back of Waterford fucking United, or that they had the ability to coach a team to respond as fluently to the tactical problems posed by losing a player as Shamrock rovers. Either Alan Reynolds, or Stephen Bradley would clearly make a better Ireland manager than O'Neill, as both are aware that football has moved on since the 1980's. You know, in the way that Michael O'Neill was obviously a really good manager when he was managing shamrock rovers.

The players in this game aren't amazing, but it's very clear that they have a much better idea of how modern football is supposed to be played than the fucking manager of Manchester United.

Comment

Nailed-on penalty for England not given in the Netherlands. Deja-vu here too, I guess.

Koeman looks on, knowingly.

Comment

Germany v Spain is end-to-end, and De Gea has just made an excellent save from Gundogan.

I can't decide if I like the German green shirt or not. I think not, but stay tuned for updates.

Comment

0-1 England, on merit. First international goal for Lingard.

Comment

This game has gone right off the boil.

Comment

Well that petered out.

Comment

That Germany vs Spain game was lovely to watch. That was helped by neither side tackling much, but there was some beautiful football to be had. But neither side showed a killer instinct when it counted, a couple of superb saves by both goalkeepers notwithstanding (and a fantastic block by Boateng).

Occasionally I would switch over to Netherlands vs England, which looked more agricultural. I did not get an impression that England are any more favourites to win the World Cup than Holland.

Comment

Those who 'did' watch it will tell you that England were a level or two above the Netherlands - but some way off winning anything.

Comment

I know this isn't really the right thread but did anyone hear Danny Mills on Radio 5Live last night, I'm still confused as to what he meant when he said he was "trying to work out which animal from '1984'" the main commentator was? He then asked whether there were any chimpanzees in '1984'.

Was he having a stroke?

Did he get confused with "Animal Farm"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09w0767#play at about 1hr 38mins 35 secs
                                        Last edited by tracteurgarcon; 24-03-2018, 13:29.

Comment

Northern Ireland versus South Korea is live on FreeSports now.

Comment

didn't we play yesterday? No wait, you mean the actual korea?

Comment

It seem that Giggsy is going to get a special place on the wall of traitors.

Comment

It's clearly a dig at Mourinho but also good career advice if Bale is still at his peak (he's only 28 so does not need to start gradually going down the levels Zlatan-like). And Real being bigger than Man U is just a fact and was even when Ferguson was still boss.
                                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-03-2018, 16:29.

Comment

he is yet another traitor to the club. have you not being paying attention. Mourinho is trying to distract from the shitty football and being 15 points behind city by starting a series of witch hunts, because the only reason that a winner like him isn't winning, is because he is being betrayed by the weak and tne non devout.

Keep your eye out for stories about hmm, Alexis Sanchez and Paul pogba in particular, but also Luke Shaw and anthony martial

Comment

Curacao appear to have drawn with Bolivia. I understand Curacao is an island about the size of Guernsey, that can draw on a male population aged 15-30 of about 10,000.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X