No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea will be lucky to finish fifth on Courtois' current showing...

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      To be fair to Liverpool, they won't finish as low as 5th. Chelsea too poor surely?
      I’m still worried.

Comment

Thomas Vermaelen sounded really like Thomas from Ireland when mentioned there on the rte.

Comment

Ray Hudson has spent most of the match yelling into a force eight gale that Messi ("is the Quantum Mechanic of Football) and assorted other embarrassing Stephen Hawking comparisons

Comment

ESPN Deportes is your friend

Comment

Get a romanian stream. Romanian is a good language to have on in the background of football.

Comment

Hazard busts several guts to get to a through ball surrounded by three Barcelona players, plays a decent ball back towards the penalty spot and...... there isn't a Chelsea player within 20 yards of him.

Can anyone say "not playing for the manager"?

Comment

If Hazard was thinking that perhaps he'd stay for another season, that thought died in the moment you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    ESPN Deportes is your friend
                    Not available in these hinterlands. I'm afraid.

Hudson is the reason I never watch Serie A on BeIn. He sounds like a hyperactive six-year-old. The worst football colour guy since Tommy Smyth.

Comment

If Hazard was thinking that perhaps he'd stay for another season, that thought died in the moment you mention.
                      Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 14-03-2018, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                        Hazard busts several guts to get to a through ball surrounded by three Barcelona players, plays a decent ball back towards the penalty spot and...... there isn't a Chelsea player within 20 yards of him.

Can anyone say "not playing for the manager"?
                        I don’t think it was anything of the sort. Chelsea gave it their all tonight and made more of a game of it than might have been expected but dumb defensive/goalkeeping mistakes and Messi’s ruthlessness cost them.

Comment

So they're just shit then? I can live with that, TBH.

Comment

That and they hit the woodwork four times and should have had a penalty. They were very unlucky that those five moments all went against them. Particularly when a lot of their game plan seemed to be reliant on these moments.

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Today's coverage proved that I won't be able to stand watching the World Cup on Fox. The whole presentation was clueless. At one point they were speculating on whom to avoid in the Quarters and just reeled off all the big teams in no particular order.

Barcelona were being talked up but I don't see much change. Messi and Iniesta run the attacks and the defence is still vulnerable. Thus I think Bayern or Man City would slice through them.

OTOH Chelsea were not really in this IMHO despite the strikes of the woodwork. Barcelona had an extra gear if they'd have needed it.

Comment

Is there any way of seeing the televised Barnsley v Millwall game in the US, by any means?

Comment

Looks like it will be streams of questionable provenance only, as ESPN is showing QPR-Fulham.

Comment

Mo Salah's quite handy.

Comment

Is it just me, or when I watch Juventus play this team, I have a huge earworm of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8w4YenX1aM
                                        ?

Comment

35 seconds into the Ireland v Turkey game and commentator George Hamilton calls West Ham defender Declan Rice Damien, a record even for him (Damien Rice is a moany singer-songwriter of the type that's bizarrely popular in Ireland)

Comment

Brazil beat Russia 3-0 in Moscow.

Goals from Miranda, Coutinho (pen) and Paulinho who could have had three or four.

Comment

Declan Rice is the new messiah. The new Roy Keane.

Comment

How shite were Ireland? Has O’Neill loosened the reigns from strictly Clog and hoof ball?

Comment

Almost pissed myself laughing at the Netherlands mascot who gave the camera the double flag whilst sticking her tongue out. Brilliant.

Comment

The girl - who can't be more than eight - got something of a ticking off from the ITV commentator.

I suspect she can expect more than that from the Dutch authorities. Probably on a dare.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X