No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this online, but have somehow managed to miss four of the five goals. Mind you, the one I did see live was Nigeria's first - a very fine free kick.

Argentina have become very ragged since taking a two-goal advantage.

Comment

But, hey, Nigeria ALWAYS beat Argentina. (My brother's wedding day, 1986!!!!)

*That didn't happen.
      Last edited by Gerontophile; 14-11-2017, 17:59.

Comment

...apart from in three World Cups since 1994.

Comment

I googled what I typed, and my brain is collapsing. It was '94, and my brother got married in '86. I think I was referring to the opening game with Bulgaria. (If that happened)

Comment

Nigeria beat them in the 1996 Olympic final - I thought that might be to what you were mistakenly referring.

Argentina getting mashed now, 2-4.

(Nigeria beat Bulgaria 3-0 in their 1994 WC opener - does that help?)

Comment

Nah. My brother got married on the opening day of the world cup in 86. It's 30 years ago, and I remember how I shortened my best man's speech, because the game was starting (and my dad was left loose with alcohol). Then my mates came, and it all got fuzzy.

Comment

Ha, apparently so! Italy and Bulgaria drew the opening game of Mexico '86, 1-1; Argentina beat Korea a couple of days later, then drew with Italy and beat Bulgaria 2-0 to win the group. (Nigeria didn't qualify for that tournament, however.)

Comment

It was the Italy v Bulgaria game.

So, have Nigeria qualified? The English league players are doing ok.

Comment

Nigeria are through, aye. Judging by this match (which one can't, obviously), they'll be a bit of a handful.

Or Argentina might be on the end of one or two tonkings.

Comment

FFS England v Brazil? Is that all there is free to air?

Or on BT France v Germany. Does sky have all the rights to the qualifiers?

Comment

Dunno. I'm watching from elsewhere, and I'm guessing that Sky have Ireland, because F*x here, have it.

Germany v France is on. And I will admit that we have 2 TV's here (because he loves tennis), and there is tennis on.

I'm stumped as to what to watch. And I found out today*, that I might be Irish. Apparently, family somewhere has a connection. And, I like Denmark.

So, schnitzengruben v 'La Grenouille' v potatoes v toasted grass which I found outside.

It's a conundrum.

*This is a lie. The Lanliq-smelling grandma was Irish. But she was a proddy, so we weren't allowed to count her.

**Too late, he discovered, that he had lost the thread.
                        Last edited by Gerontophile; 14-11-2017, 19:19.

Comment

I didn’t think you were allowed to be from the central belt without at least one “proper” Irish relative. Both my Ma and Dad’s family have Irish surnames up to 1 generation back from them at least, so unless there was a proddy Kelly clan in the auld country, some folk must have taken the soup/married out/kept the Papey head down in Darkest Fife.

Comment

The black tracksuit-tops the Germans are wearing makes them look like LA police officers.

Comment

Ach well. I broke away and got to change my tartan. Whatever it was, it was a good place to leave.

Comment

Just realised, that I have two tellys, and he isnae here to watch the tennis.

Comment

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

Comment

Oh, wait. Denmark only need to draw...

Comment

So the away side must now attack - not a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                        FFS England v Brazil? Is that all there is free to air?

Or on BT France v Germany. Does sky have all the rights to the qualifiers?
                                        Rights to the European qualifiers, yes - BT has been showing one or two African qualifiers, however.

Watch Ireland pack those bases now, eh?

Comment

Hmm - might be doing Ireland an in injustice. They've gone very close to a second goal twice in quick succession.

Comment

Fox are showing the Ireland game on FS2, which I don't have, but Portugal v USA on FS1, which they presumably paid for before they realized USA would not be at the World Cup.

I'm not sure how much it costs to add FS2 to an Xfinity package - does anyone know? - but would need a bigger incentive than this game to pay it.

Comment

Denmark presumably are very, very poor?

Comment

1-1

Comment

Wrong thread, but the nutmeg was almost worth the 71 deflections.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                    Fox are showing the Ireland game on FS2, which I don't have, but Portugal v USA on FS1, which they presumably paid for before they realized USA would not be at the World Cup.
                                                    I've got FS1 here, and it's showing college football. FS2 is most fucking definitely hitting the crossbar on the way in, showing Ireland v Denmark.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X