The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    If I were a Brighton fan, I'd be feeling a tad hard done-by at present...
    Yeah, especially after seeing those replays again. Both could, probably should, have been given - but especially the first. Not only is it a foul on Schelotto but his forward momentum took him into the ball and negated any advantage that Gross might have had.

Comment

And now off the post...what do we have to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        Does he really want to hurt them?
        Victims, he knows them so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          Does he really want to hurt them?
          You'd think he'd like Brighton, such a cultured club.

Comment

Brighton getting nothing from this game would be an absolute travesty...

...but now seemingly a reality.

Hazard will get all the plaudits for that one, but, you know, Willian's pass.
            Last edited by Jah Womble; 20-01-2018, 14:06.

Comment

What have I started?

Comment

Terrible defending rightfully punished and that’s 3-0. Shane Duffy has had a mare today and Goldson played like a man who’s not had much football for 10 months.

Comment

What is Nexen Tire?

Comment

They're a tyre company.

Comment

Anthony Martial had man utd's first shot on target against burnley after 54 minutes, and scored. He had man utd's second shot on target after 90 minutes. It's really clear that he is the main problem with this team, and needs to be replaced.

Comment

I took it as a compliment that after the goal we got the full spectrum of gamesmanship and timewasting, including Lingaard getting clattered on the touchline (Defour booked, rightly) rolling off the pitch and then entire Man United physio team rushing out of the dugout to... push him back onto the field of play to try and force a stoppage.

Comment

It was necessary, the way United kept giving the ball away in those final minutes. But where did the ref get 5:30 minutes time-added from?

Comment

6 subs, one goal, four (?) bookings and Man United time-wasting to hell over stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                              I took it as a compliment that after the goal we got the full spectrum of gamesmanship and timewasting, including Lingaard getting clattered on the touchline (Defour booked, rightly) rolling off the pitch and then entire Man United physio team rushing out of the dugout to... push him back onto the field of play to try and force a stoppage.
                              That was just shameful. But it was just bad in general. You could see the problems that man utd's players had coming up with attacking play off the cuff, against a team as well organized as burnley. they weren't making any mistakes to pounce on, and everything involving trying to break burnley down took far too long. The odd thing is that if LVG turned up to burnley with a team with 13 players out, and won 1-0 with only two second half shots on target, he would have been fucking crucified.

Something worth noting about that man utd team. That back five was all signed by Alex ferguson martial, lingard and rashford all are van gaal players, mata, fellaini and pogba were signed by ed woodward, and the only two mourinho players in that team were nemanja matic (a 29 year old poor man's carrick) and Lukaku, who got better service and support at everton. What was the point.

Comment

I presume something is wrong with the floodlights at the Liberty or the pictures from there. There is a strange metallic blue hue about every shot from the main match camera, especially on Swansea’s kit.

Comment

John Hartson gets rather emotional on the Radio for that goal.

Comment

For any particular reason or just because he’s a Jack?

Comment

Swansea have gone for the "make the pitch a swamp so you can't pass a ball on it" ploy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        For any particular reason or just because he’s a Jack?
                                        I think the latter Ray, it's been a long time since I heard a pundit be so obviously emotional about a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                          Swansea have gone for the "make the pitch a swamp so you can't pass a ball on it" ploy.
                                          They are one of the last teams I can imagine doing such a thing, given their own style of play. My parents tell me there have been biblical quantities of rain in that area since the turn of the year and especially in the last 72 hours, it’s been extreme even for South Wales.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-01-2018, 20:59.

Comment

My mate's there. They were watering the pitch pre-game despite the rain.
                                            Whatever their previous style of play, this new geezer has them 11 behind the ball, try to hit Ayew over the top.
                                            It's understandable, lots of teams Park the bus against Liverpool.

Comment

They’re certainly playing defensively and on the break but when they have the ball they seem to me to be passing it on the floor as much as Liverpool are. They just don’t have the players to do much else.

Comment

It doesn't get much more Liverpool than this.

Comment

I said to my boss earlier that after beating the best team in the league last week, we'd lose 1-0 to the worst.

Comment

Liverpool apparently flew to the game tonight, is this common?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X