Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

Bollocks. At least we can hold our heads up and it's great to see some of our young talent coming through. Chelsea were piss poor over both games, even with a weakened team.

Comment

Goddammit. What a crying shame the first penalty had to be missed, meant the tension and psychological advantage was wiped out instantly and we didn't even get the chance to take all five kicks. Great save mind.

After all that, though, it's still yet another third-round Cup exit for the Canaries. Sigh.

Comment

Heh, yeah, just as the credits rolled there the reality of being out hit home. That's five R3 exits in a row.

Comment

What happened to ABBA*? Did everyone just forget?

*No points for saying "they broke up in 1982"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Heh, yeah, just as the credits rolled there the reality of being out hit home. That's five R3 exits in a row.
              And most of the last couple of dozen, or so it feels. Just how many years is it now since we last got past the 5th round? 20?

ACN Tom, they did mention it just before the shootout, but didn't elucidate why it wasn't being used, so far as I heard anyway. Welcome to the boards, by the way – what's your favourite biscuit?
              Last edited by Various Artist; 17-01-2018, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by A Chap Named Tom View Post
                What happened to ABBA*? Did everyone just forget?

*No points for saying "they broke up in 1982"
                It applies in EFL competitions (League Cup, League Trophy, Playoffs) but the FA apparently never said they will use it in theirs.

Comment

Ahh, nice one Kev, thanks for clearing that up.

Don't worry Tom, I just looked up your previous post and I see Jammie Dodgers were submitted in response to a previous such query. We'll draw a discreet veil over the mention of Jaffa Cakes, even though as you can see I'm a fan myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                    And most of the last couple of dozen, or so it feels. Just how many years is it now since we last got past the 5th round? 20?
                    The fifth round in 2012, 2007 and 2003 is the best this century.

The period from 1989 to 1995 however had two semi finals, a sixth round and a fifth round.

Comment

Don't I know it mate. That was my first six or seven years supporting the club. I didn't know then that we'd never have it so good, of course.

Comment

And I maintain we should have bastard won it in '92. My biggest football what-could-have-been, that is.

Comment

The 2007 fifth round surprises me because we were a bit rubbish then. But looking again that was a win at Tamworth (which was on the BBC I believe, with tonight's armchair pundit Dublin scoring), and a win AET in a home replay against Blackpool. Then we were smashed 4-0 in the fifth round... at Stamford Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                            Ahh, nice one Kev, thanks for clearing that up.

Don't worry Tom, I just looked up your previous post and I see Jammie Dodgers were submitted in response to a previous such query. We'll draw a discreet veil over the mention of Jaffa Cakes, even though as you can see I'm a fan myself.
                            It's nice to know this all goes down on my record, I'll have to post a bit more before an biscuit zealots sound me out.

The shame about the Chelsea red cards is both will only be suspended for the Brighton game, which I can guarantee they will royally fail to take advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                              Martin Tyler is commentating.
                              Overseas coverage doesn’t take the same commentary as the domestic broadcaster, a freelancer such as Tyler will be brought in to provide a separate one for their feed.

Comment

Other than that, did I pick a good night to go to the movies rather than watch the game on telly? After the first few days of hearing second hand about fucking VAR I think I may never watch a televised match again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                  And I maintain we should have bastard won it in '92. My biggest football what-could-have-been, that is.
                                  Oh, seconded Kev. One of (many) phrases etched permanently on my cerebral cortex from DJ Taylor's piece on Norwich City 1992-3 in classic WSC book My Favourite Year, 'Just Accept It Hansen', is his description of how "John Byrne, streaming forward to head the Sunderland winner, seemed transfixed forever in silent, billowing space". It's so perfectly true. In some intangible otherworld, he's still suspended there, ready to miss that header, giving Norwich the chance to make it to the Cup Final.

Comment

It's nice to know this all goes down on my record, I'll have to post a bit more before an biscuit zealots sound me out.

The shame about the Chelsea red cards is both will only be suspended for the Brighton game, which I can guarantee they will royally fail to take advantage of.
                                    Haha, yeah come on Tom, that sounds like as good a reason as any to bump up your post count.

Best of luck taking advantage of a 'weakened' Chelsea in the league game. Sorry we couldn't get a few more of them sent off for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Other than that, did I pick a good night to go to the movies rather than watch the game on telly? After the first few days of hearing second hand about fucking VAR I think I may never watch a televised match again.
                                      You shouldn't rue missing the first half, certainly. Things livened up a bit later in the match though, it's fair to say.

Comment

Actually, my brother’s just said elsewhere it was the most exciting game he’d seen in ages so maybe there was more to it. I saw Jessica Chastain in ‘Molly’s Game’ just down the road from Stamford Bridge and still think I got the better of the deal.

Comment

Nice to see a fellow Brighton man on here, Tom - welcome.

Comment

Chelsea into two-goal lead inside six minutes.

Never thought I'd hear myself say it, but the second by Willian has to be one of the team goals of the season...

Comment

Nailed on pen for Brighton - to everyone except the referee.

Comment

Utterly shit referee Jon Moss missing something obvious to favour a big team? Who'd ever believe such a thing?

Comment

If I were a Brighton fan, I'd be feeling a tad hard done-by at present...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
                                                    Utterly shit referee Jon Moss missing something obvious to favour a big team? Who'd ever believe such a thing?
                                                    Does he really want to hurt them?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X