No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible Wednesday defending makes it 2-0 United with barely 15 minutes gone. The band thumps tunelessly on. Steven Fletcher is deceptively slow.

Comment

Wednesday finally get a decent ball into the box and Gary Hooper gets a touch at last to make it 2-1 right on half time.

Comment

Ye...oh, fuck's sake.

Comment

"If you don't fucking bounce, if you don't fucking bounce then your a Blad.... oh." 3-2 United in a cracker.

Comment

More Liverpoolesque defending from Wednesday as Leon Clarke trundles in his second.

Comment

It wasn't that bad.

Comment

Feels like Clarke has scored more times against Wednesday than he scored for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  Agh terrible commentary pun there. An American player "starring in stripes".
                  Hope you stayed with it for the Brentford goals.

Comment

Kind of drifted off a bit but they were cracking

Comment

If Brighton just meant that, they have scored goal of the season.

Comment

Currently enjoying BBC Alba’s coverage of the big St Mirren v Queen of the South clash.

Tidy old game, in fact, and Alba as always do a decent job of presenting it on what is presumably a tiny budget. They don’t tend to have pundits or a studio for chat, but what they do instead at half time is show little profile films of aspects of the two clubs. They’re always really well done and interesting, today’s efforts being an interview with St Mirren’s young hopeful Lewis Morgan and various people at Queen of the South talking about the youth/experience in their squad.

As regards the game, it looks like St Mirren are going to be able to see out the win, as they’re 3-1 up with just a few minutes left.

Comment

The MOTD2 pitch side interviewing is terrible. Mark Chapman looks like he's freezing cold and not paying attention.

Mrs Thistle has just asked if the BBC has double-booked the studio.

Comment

Thought similar myself, steve sidwell looks like he dressed in the dark

Comment

He was very nervous. In his first answer he kept saying "obviously"

Comment

Big game in the league of Ireland tonight live on Rte, Cork city against Dundalk, 1st against 2nd with four games to go, Cork were unbeaten for the first two thirds of the season and it looked like they'd have the league won by August, however they've lost four games in the last month and let Dundalk close the gap, they'll probably hold on and in fact can win the league if they win tonight. 20 minutes in and as you can imagine it's a bit spiky with yellow cards being flashed already, can't see us ending with 22 players, as I typed this Cork have just taken the lead

Comment

I've currently got the 2.Bundesliga on, and am wondering how Kaiserslautern have come to be this bad. They are 3-0 down to Union Berlin within half-an-hour and Union have missed a penalty to boot. It could easily be five or six by now. Looks like ten is possible. Apparently this is far from atypical of their season so far.

And as I type Kaiserlautern score their second own goal of the match. 4-0.

Comment

They've been in free fall for a couple of seasons.

Norbert Meier kept them up last season, but sold or alienated most of their best players. They fired Meier last week, but he clearly wasn't the only problem.

They are firmly rooted to the bottom of the table and will be six points away from safety after only eight matches barring a miracle comeback.

Comment

The highlights show the level of the nightmare - Berlin only have one assist on their four goals, and that was a first time pass after a give away.
                                      1st goal - 'keeper misplaces a pass defender dives to jab it away from winger, only to knock it twenty yards back to a Union forward who turns and lobs the retreating 'keeper.
                                      2nd - Corner, flicked on, sidefooted home by unmarked player on far post. Pity he was a defender...
                                      3rd - Quick free-kick on halfway rolled to Centre-back. He tries to play it on to full-back, underhits it, its intercepted and one straight ball has the centre-forward one-on-one. He walks it past the 'keeper and rolls it in.
                                      4th - Corner is half-cleared, only to edge of box. Volleyed back with power but centre of goal, defender heads it up perfectly into top corner of net.

Comment

Union have thrown away half a dozen points in the last ten minutes of matches this season, but even the Eisern should be able to hold on here.

Comment

Now 5-0 as Polter completes his hat trick

Comment

Finally a goal of Union's own creation rather than set up or even scored for them by their opponents.

No injury-time in the second half. Can't remember the last time I've seen that.

Comment

Cork were 3 minutes away from their first title in 12 years before a late equaliser means they have to wait another two weeks to finish the job

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                                Currently enjoying BBC Alba’s coverage of the big St Mirren v Queen of the South clash.

Tidy old game, in fact, and Alba as always do a decent job of presenting it on what is presumably a tiny budget. They don’t tend to have pundits or a studio for chat, but what they do instead at half time is show little profile films of aspects of the two clubs. They’re always really well done and interesting, today’s efforts being an interview with St Mirren’s young hopeful Lewis Morgan and various people at Queen of the South talking about the youth/experience in their squad.

As regards the game, it looks like St Mirren are going to be able to see out the win, as they’re 3-1 up with just a few minutes left.
                                                I watched this on catch-up on the i-player yesterday and I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've seen us win on BBC Alba. I've waited a long time for this victory! Good crowd of over 3000 turned up which contributed to a good atmosphere; pretty amazing considering the game kicked off on a Sunday with a crappy 4.10pm kick-off. When I was home last year, BBC Alba switched the game to a Saturday at 5.15pm; barely 2000 folk turned up the place was dead.

Lewis Morgan is our latest starlet whose contract expires at the end of the season, so he'll probably leave in January. He should look at the situations of both Kyle McAllister (who left us for Derby County last January) and Stevie Mallan (who left us for Barnsley in the summer) as neither can get anywhere near their respective first-teams. Is it really a step-up playing in front of nobody in the U-23 league?

Comment

Arsenal didn't look better than the usual yesterday, although Sanchez seemed a little more involved and did one very nice little turn of skill in the early second half. WBA were like the West Ham performance at the weekend; unlucky in patches but also a bit witless when they had chances.

Comment

I'm sitting in a pub watching the Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City games and keeping an eye on our inevitable defeat at Blackburn to the soundtrack of the Cardiff-Leeds game...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X