The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    It’s Hibs-v-Rangersesque right now, every attack a goal.
    Yet it finished merely 'Spurs/Leicester-esque'...

Comment

Just catching up with match of the day. Pickford had quite the howler. Will he really be number one in Russia?

Comment

Did anyone watch the City game? I can't get my head around Ederson's fantasy score of -1:

"minutes played 0; yellow cards -1"..?

Comment

Between him and Sane going into the last game, I was hoping that they would get into some Chuckle Brothers style 'to me to you' on the goal line with neither of them wanting to give the other the assist but it wasn't to be

Comment

Ireland u 17s drew 1all with the Netherlands in the European quarters,going to penaltys,winner to play England

Comment

Netherlands go through after one of the most bizarre scenes I've ever seen. Irish keeper saved last Dutch penalty to tie it at 4 all,the referee reckoned he moved off the line and for some reason decided it was worth a second yellow card (he'd already been given a yellow during the game) Ireland had to put the centre back in goal which the Dutch easily scored

Comment

What a ridiculous dive...

Comment

And worse still, the replay of the Dutch save from Idah suggests the keeper was definitely off the line!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RTEsoccer...20160665649152

Comment

Yes, and deserved a yellow card. But...but...that arm across the face "I'm only keeping it out of the way" from Carson was a real sneaky one.

Comment

What kind of person is reduced to tears by losing in a play-off semi-final, especially when you’ve snuck in them in sixth place?

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                        And worse still, the replay of the Dutch save from Idah suggests the keeper was definitely off the line!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RTEsoccer...20160665649152
                        I think it’s inconclusive at best. Definitely is definitely too strong. To the naked eye it looked like the Irish keeper was miles off his line but in fact he had only taken one step when the ball was struck.

Bizarre decision to send him off, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything other than a retake for that infringement. Was the yellow definitely for coming off his line or did he say something silly whilst yelling and beating his chest?

Some cojones from the Dutch player to keep his cool for the length of time it took to switch keepers.

Some signs of green shoots for our youth teams though.

Comment

It's actually a rule to give a yellow and have a retake if keeper comes forward off the line. Generally more honoured in the breach than the observance.

Comment

I'm only surprised it doesn't happen more often. Knockouts in major tournaments, play-off finals ... with so much at stake, why not play the percentages and cheat relentlessly until you get the yellow? Keepers do of course routinely move off the line, and some memorable "saves" in big games have been obviously illegal and unpunished. With all the cynical "game management", and cards constantly dished out for time-wasting in regular play, the penalty shoot-out has somehow escaped unscathed.

The other thing I'm longing to see is referees calling players back during a celebration. Walk over to the pile of bodies and order a retake. Never happens. Again, the lesson is clear: if it's (potentially) the last penalty, cheat like crazy. Then run.

Next step: keeper gets two yellows within a shoot-out. Come on refs, make history, you know you want to.

Comment

Also, one for Imp and the refereeing thread: is an outfield player who takes over in goal during a shoot-out obliged by law to put on the keeper's shirt? It's not as if there's any problem identifying the player on the line and who s/he plays for. An ill-fitting jersey could make all the difference (misty memories of school days) ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ek weet nie View Post
                                I think it’s inconclusive at best. Definitely is definitely too strong. To the naked eye it looked like the Irish keeper was miles off his line but in fact he had only taken one step when the ball was struck.
                                Whilst only a freeze frame shows that the Dutch 'keeper might have been. It's pretty easy to see why the ref would feel sure he was right in calling one infringement, but feel like he was guessing on the other. Which he shouldn't do.
                                The yellow card is also clearly right under the rules. I'm not sure where the idea that yellow cards from before the shoot-out don't carry forward springs from either; the shoot-out is part of the match.

Comment

A poor penality from Idah, in truth. Hope it doesn't knock him too much - he could be leading the line for Norwich before much longer.

Comment

How on earth has the Villa keeper not been sent off there? He stopped a seemingly goalbound shot with his hand outside the area.

First bit of drama in the entire game, this has been a far poorer match than last night’s one.

Comment

Just turned on Sgorio. Missed the goal. Cefn winning 1-0.

Looks wonderfully sunny. I'm not sure this is in Wales tbh.

Comment

Stockton Town 0 - 1 Thatcham Town in the FA Vase final. Not a bad game so far.

Comment

Bit of googling to confirm it, but Cefn captain Neil Ashton is the ex-Shrewsbury and Wrexham player.

Cefn hanging on at the death here. There's 220K at stake for the winners.

Comment

Ashton has just been awarded man of the match.

Comment

3 minutes of added time.

Comment

Finishes 1-0 to Thatcham, despite Stockton having around 25 minutes of almost constant pressure on the Thatcham goal.

Comment

Well that's it. No European football in south Wales next season.

Comment

Lazio v Inter has been a bloody good watch this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X