No announcement yet.

Get your coat if you don't get York owt - National League North 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents fees for Conference level and below. Money well spent by all concerned, I'm sure.

Comment

Well Aldershot probably aren't begrudging their £112 given their league position. And it seems that Boreham Wood and Bromley have got where they are without needing middle men. I think the clubs who've spent five figure fees can be split into "more money than sense" and "basket cases"

Comment

Taxi for Martin Gray

"Where to guv'?"

"Hartlepool"

Comment

Unless there's an actual Conference thread, Macclesfield have virtually secured their League return tonight, though Tranmere could mathematically overtake them.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
            Taxi for Martin Gray

"Where to guv'?"

"Hartlepool"
            There are rumours abroad to the contrary - i.e. that Gray is trying to persuade Singh to come and take York over instead. Got to hope that isn't the case - I'd rather put my head in a chip-hole fryer than watch any more of Gray's team or listen to his post-match pish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
              There are rumours abroad to the contrary - i.e. that Gray is trying to persuade Singh to come and take York over instead. Got to hope that isn't the case - I'd rather put my head in a chip-hole fryer than watch any more of Gray's team or listen to his post-match pish.
              Dead in the water now, isn't it, after he's come to the rescue of "Jeff's team".

Even RS couldn't bale out after, er, bailing them out, surely?

Comment

The Hartlepool ship will be Singhking soon anyway.

Grabs coat

Comment

Oh well, looks like I'll definitely be back in this thread next season. Appalling defeat playing against 10 men for over an hour against the team second bottom of the league means the play-offs are now a pretty forlorn hope. Right now the club just folding would probably feel like a blessing. What a few years this has been.

Comment

Not so sure that I will. Tamworth have now dropped into the bottom three and only look like they might be saved by an AGM Cup reshuffle. On the plus side I may get the honour next season of starting the thread for the pyramid's newest division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                      Not so sure that I will. Tamworth have now dropped into the bottom three and only look like they might be saved by an AGM Cup reshuffle. On the plus side I may get the honour next season of starting the thread for the pyramid's newest division.
                      Really surprised by that. Tamworth were genuinely one of the best teams I've seen at Bootham Crescent this season, which may be damning with faint praise, but nonetheless, they played really great, quick passing football and more than merited their last minute win. I guess losing Styche must've been a big factor in the subsequent slide.

Comment

FC United are imploding again. Someone needs to put them out of their misery. Limping on like this is unseemly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                          Really surprised by that. Tamworth were genuinely one of the best teams I've seen at Bootham Crescent this season, which may be damning with faint praise, but nonetheless, they played really great, quick passing football and more than merited their last minute win. I guess losing Styche must've been a big factor in the subsequent slide.
                          That played a big part, as there was no source of goals anywhere else on the pitch, and the back up strikers were not of a suitable standard. Also when Andy Morrell was finally given the push thy decided to go with his assistant Mike Fowler in charge for the remainder of the season. Although I think they were right to end Morrell's time at the club it's fair to say that he would at least have managed more than 6 points from 36 available in the games since he left. If you are letting a manger go then it is usually because you want someone to turn things around and introduce some new ideas that will hopefully give the team a lift. You aren't going to get that from the previous manager's assistant if he has no real management experience of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                            FC United are imploding again. Someone needs to put them out of their misery. Limping on like this is unseemly.
                            Off the field, I presume? On the field they should be set for a fairly routine 3 points tomorrow night at least...

Comment

North Ferriby fans have voted to keep the club in Ferriby. Some seem to think their weird owner might be looking to hand over more control to the fans as well.

Comment

Dene Park in Dunswell (where North Ferriby were to be relocated to) was the home of Hall Road Rangers. That would've made them almost a Beverley club. I wonder if they'd planned a rebrand as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
                                  Dene Park in Dunswell (where North Ferriby were to be relocated to) was the home of Hall Road Rangers. That would've made them almost a Beverley club. I wonder if they'd planned a rebrand as well?
                                  Dene Park is owned by this Jamie Waltham chap who's taken over at Ferriby. He's just desperate to have a team there playing at a high level, and clearly doesn't care who it is, so I imagine a rebrand would have been inevitable. Hull United were in there for a while too before they fell out with Waltham and he booted them out.

Hall Road Rangers, incidentally, now have a lovely set-up at Haworth Park, within the city boundaries of Hull and not far from Hall Road itself.

Comment

Commiserations to Jodi, but FCUM officially safe after victory over the Minstermen tonight.

Comment

Genuinely gutted I didn't lump on FCUM - some bookies were offering absurd odds before the game. Ah well. Kind of wish I was able to go to our last home game on Saturday now. Should be quite a lively atmosphere; would be surprised if the 90 minutes pass without an interruption or two.

Comment

Another sort of commiserations but not really to York, as that result made us play-off certainties. Brackley are definitely in them too as tonight's defeat means they can't finish top, and Kiddeminster were already there.

Comment

What's been the turnaround at Stockport? Like an inverse Tamworth, I thought County looked absolutely awful when they came to York earlier in the season.

Comment

This is very typical of a Gannon season - apart from the year we went into administration and had to move lots of the first team on, he always manages a post Christmas improvement.

One of the biggest criticisms of him is that he's too meticulous and over-complicates the tactical side of the game. This might be why it seems to take him half a season to get any group of players to play how he wants them to, but when the message eventually gets through it works damned well. He keeps faith in players he trusts through bad form and mistakes, whereas his predecessor would have asked for more budget and had a revolving door of loan signings.

Odd season though. We've generally looked worse than last season, yet we're going to finish 2-3 places higher in what seems a stronger division.

Comment

Regarding the NFU saga, Waltham has now stated a desire to use the Church Road site as a traveller site, although in reality it's his way of holding a gun to the heads of supporters, local residents and businesses in order to try and extract money from them to ward off the threat of the move to Dene Park. Waltham bought Dene Park a few years ago and unceremoniously chucked Hall Road Rangers out and tried to get his fledgling Hull United team climbing the pyramid, only to be royally shafted by his management duo Curtis Woodhouse and Ian Ashbee. I met Mr Waltham at one of the early Hull United games, and you know when someone can't avoid talking down to people? That's him. Our charity team had 'dealings' with him over a 5 a side tournament, where he acted like a massive, up-his-own-arse twat.

Still, he's the chairman of a local football team, so it's a given.

Comment

In the preliminary round of the AGM Cup, Nuneaton face a winding-up petition, which it seems they have fought off, but they're playing Boston tonight at a neutral venue after 'floodlight issues' caused the game to be postponed last night.

Comment

Spennymoor's astonishingly bad form continues, blowing the last of their 73 games in hand tonight and thus leaving the final play-off spot up for grabs going into the last day. It's the hope that kills you...

Comment

And these were home games, including the inept Darlo.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X