No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Currywurst - Bundesliga 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with JVL that Strasser is a sensible appointment for Lautern, which implies that they are Luxembourgeois league standard at the moment . . .

Comment

If only Lautern had waited a couple of days, they could have gone for Ancelotti. Just been confirmed that Bayern have sacked him and Willy Sagnol is taking over as caretaker manager.

Comment

Bayern in crisis - one home draw in the Bundesliga and a defeat at the world's most expensive team in a CL group they'll qualify from anyway. I think they should bring back Klinsmann, for the good of the league.

Comment

There are so many "legends" who deserve a shot: Mattheus, Effenberg, Basler . . .

And they've gone with Mario Basler

Comment

Eh? You mean Sagnol (temporarily). Basler would be terrific - with Matthäus and Effenberg as his assistants. And Klinsmann as Team Buddhist.

Comment

I'd give the job to Norbert Meier.

Comment

Fuck, yes! And let the cameras in - basically get Bayern to sacrifice the season for the benefit of making the greatest ever reality show.

Comment

No idea what happened above

They've gone with Sagnol, but I'm pretty sure he is just keeping the seat warm for Nagelsmann

Comment

that's what bayern need now, a 30 year old control freak who looks like arjen Robben's son.

Comment

Brendan must fancy Sellick’s chances of causing an upset now.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        They've gone with Sagnol, but I'm pretty sure he is just keeping the seat warm for Nagelsmann
                        Tuchel?

Comment

I've heard more about Nagelsmann, but you are obviously closer to the source.

Comment

Tuchel is too much his own man, I think. Kalle and Uli won't like that very much. OTOH, he is available.

Nagelsmann has been traded as one for the future, but he has only one good season, a great end to another one, and a good start to another one. That's an admirable track record, but not one that the likes of Ribery or Robben will subordinate themselves to.

They'll have to give Sagnol this season and see where that leads to, or poach a Big Name from somewhere. But even then, who is willing to leave their current assignment and join a club that doesn't spend hysterical amounts of money on players?

David Moyes is available. Or, well, maybe Tuchel after all...

Comment

I think Nagelsmann is the more likely choice. Tuchel has too much of a history of arguing with club owners.

Here's the current betting:

Code:
                              Julian Nagelsmann 1
                              Thomas Tuchel     6/4
                              Willy Sagnol      11/4
                              Xabi Alonso	  16
                              Mehmet Scholl     20
                              Antonio Conte     25
                              Brendan Rodgers   25
                              Diego Simeone     25
                              Joachim Loew      25
                              Juan Carlos Unzue 25
                              Jurgen Klinsmann  20
                              Brendan Rogers' inclusion is a head-scratcher; Juergen Klinsmann even more so.

Comment

Scholl? He got fired, in a manner, as a TV pundit. Conte and Simeone aren't going to abscond their jobs, nor is Jogi. Xabi Alonso has no experience. Celta Vigo aren't exactly worldbeaters, so Unzue??? Maybe Nagelsmann is the only choice...

Comment

Scholl's main coaching experience was failing to get the best-financed club in Regionalliga Bayern promoted.

I didn't realise he'd left ARD. What was that about? Not that he ever said anything profound.
                                  Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 29-09-2017, 13:05.

Comment

Here's a piece from Der Spiegel

The precipitating event appears to be his unwillingness to back ARD's anti-doping crusade during the Confederations Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                                      I think Nagelsmann is the more likely choice. Tuchel has too much of a history of arguing with club owners.

Here's the current betting:

Code:
                                      Julian Nagelsmann 1
                                      Thomas Tuchel     6/4
                                      Willy Sagnol      11/4
                                      Xabi Alonso	  16
                                      Mehmet Scholl     20
                                      Antonio Conte     25
                                      Brendan Rodgers   25
                                      Diego Simeone     25
                                      Joachim Loew      25
                                      Juan Carlos Unzue 25
                                      Jurgen Klinsmann  20

Brendan Rogers' inclusion is a head-scratcher; Juergen Klinsmann even more so.

Are those odds from a UK site? Surely no German punter will be backing Brendan and his lovely gnashers.

Comment

Strasser gets off to a good start at Kaiserslautern, as a Sebastian Andersson half trick in the last 20 minutes gives FCK all three points in their relegation six pointer with Fürth.

Though the fact that the Fritz-Walter Stadion was about a third full provides a good indication of the size of the task in front of him.

Comment

11 Freunde propose Christoph Daum as new Bayern coach. Or Bosz, since all Bayern's scouts are in Dortmund anyway. Magath might be worth a try.

Comment

Aren't they saying that the very idea is ridiculous? Daum eine Chance usw?

Comment

Yeah, it was all very tongue-in-cheek. The Daum reference had everything to do with the feud he had with Uli Hoeness. Which might have cost Köln the title in 1989.

Talking of: Köln might be last, having drawn one and lost eight of their last 10 games (and the win was a cup game against very lowly opposition). But they are sticking with Stöger. No talk of his place being insecure, no questions being thrown at him. There is a belief that the coach who in four successive seasons improved the club's performance from the previous season still knows what he is doing. There seems to be a confidence that at some point the ridiculous series of losing games unnecessarily will stop, and that points will be won. Not many clubs wouldn't panic at this point -- it is by points the joint-worst start to as season after seven games -- and sack the coach. Bayern sacked theirs after a home drawn and a defeat at the most financially-doped up team in the world.

Though, nobody knows how things will be if Köln lose more games. In Stuttgart they must win.

Comment

Well, Daum is free, having just been sacked by Romania. I believe that Carlton Palmer is also available.

Comment

So according to Bild Zeitung (which is never wrong of course), Jupp Heynckes is set for a shock return to Bayern!

Comment

Heynckes' return confirmed by kicker:

Heynckes: "It's not a comeback. This is just a favour - and I'm only doing it as I owe Bayern a great deal. I've got a very good feeling about this and can't wait to get started."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X