No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Currywurst - Bundesliga 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet (again) that if the ref had used his magic spray and just put it on the goal line, the defenders would have respected that more. And that if the players had encroached that much for a penalty, he would have insisted on it being retaken.

Comment

Remember when the Wembley pitch got ruined by staging the Horse of the Year show jumping? Is the turf at Gladbach now used by real foals for their exercise?

Comment

Peter Hobday's dad managed the football team I played for when I was a kid. We knew that his son was an apprentice at Gillingham, but that was the last I heard of him or even thought about him until years later when I went to Germany and he turned up on a Panini sticker.

His old man had a wool shop, so I suppose he's carrying on the family textile merchandise tradition.

Comment

You're going to be hearing about this goal for the next few days.

https://streamable.com/4n8hu

Comment

Duisburg won in the end, so the goalie probably escaped a beating.

Comment

Trinkflaschetor?

Comment

Wasserflaschenholendertorhüterkonzentrationsdefekt tor.

Comment

It is very odd. Presumably he saw the referee pause the opposition goalkeeper and thought a stoppage was occurring. But while the ref holds out his hand at 18:07, the ball is played out by 18:10, it doesn't enter the Duisburg half until 18:16, he hasn't reached his goal line when he's first in shot at 18:20 and the goal goes in at 18:22. If he was walking back all that time he must have been quite far out, although I suppose that's conceivable given Dusburg were attacking the other end. But how does he not realise?!

When I first saw the clip I didn't see him walking back (he was going to get a drink FYI), so I just thought he'd been blinded by the sun and somehow thought he was on his goal-line.

Comment

Controller came unplugged.

Apparently what happened is that this immediately followed a disallowed Duisberg goal, only the goal music was still playing, so the 'keeper assumed that the goal had been given so was walking back to get a drink and arrange his bottles unaware that play was live. It was the ref's second match at this level and there were apparently two dodgy penalty calls and a red card as he lost control of things.

Comment

Köln beat the evil kingdom 2-1, in AdF Land, with youngster Vincent Konziello scoring the winner in his first start. They are now level on points with Hamburg. Seven points behind Mainz for the play-off place.

And the opponent for that is still quite open. There are three points separating third (Kiel) and ninth (St Pauli). Dresden in 12th have as much distance to 3rd place as they have to a relegation spot, at 5 points either way.

In the Bundesliga, two points separate Dortmund in 2nd from Leipzig in 6th, though Dortmund can extend that gap to five if they beat Augsburg tomorrow.

Comment

I watched that game and was thinking of you - Leipzig's attacking is a fine thing to watch, but their defending is highly suspect and I always thought Köln had a chance if they didn't concede a second. Was very happy for Risse too setting up the winner, because he'd had an utterly miserable game up until that point.

Describing Leipzig as AfD Land is unfair - the city itself is very progressive.

I'm so fucking sick of everyone righteously vilifying Leipzig that I've actually become absolutely neutral about them, and am cheering them on in the Europa League to up Germany's Uefa co-efficient.

Comment

Describing Leipzig as AfD Land is unfair - the city itself is very progressive.
                          Bit like Vienna/Austria?

Comment

HSV have now conceded 51 goals in their last eight games in Munich, having scored three. That's an average of 6-0. The scores, starting with yesterday's result: 6-0, 8-0, 5-0, 8-0, 3-1, 9-2, 5-0, 6-0

Comment

I'm going to their home game against Schalke in early April - they may have already turned that clock off.

Comment

Our patron manager will have more time to spend at treibeis' crazy golf hut, as HSV has sacked Hollerbach after seven matches.

Comment

Damn, that's harsh. I mean, the guys who thought that appointing Hollerbach was a great idea have been shown the door, but by which miracle do the new brooms propose to beat relegation? When Köln say they still cling in to hope, they can point to results and performances that justify an attitude of not giving up. Köln are still furiously paddling in the water. HSV are sinking like Luca Brasi. Not even Pep Guardiola could save them now.

Surely it makes better sense to let Hollerbach hold the next guy's sausage. Let that guy come in with a clean slate, and use the next couple of months to set everything up for the next season.

Comment

They appear to have got the Under-19 coach in as caretaker. Holtby, Hunt, "Papa" and the rest of the shower are definitely going to listen to what he's got to say.

Comment

I'd let Euch Dennis take over as player-coach.

Comment

HSV are going Titz up...
                                        Last edited by G-Man; 12-03-2018, 16:11.

Comment

And he's lost his first game - Titz out!

Comment

Hertha had gone something like 450 minutes without scoring, only to get two goals in eight minutes to sink HSV.

Comment

It's also the first time I've ever seen HSV not make a Lazarus-like recovery after changing their coach. This truly is the end of days.

Comment

(Also, I wanted to be the first to get in with that ridiculously obvious gag. Sorry.)

Comment

I was at the HSV-Hertha game. Forget everything you've heard about how bad HSV are. Because they're worse than that.

Yesterday, the only player who managed to complete two passes in succession was the goalkeeper. And the only good thing was that I didn't have to pay to watch "Papa", as he'd been dropped for being too slow.

Comment

Mind you, Euch Dennis was dropped as well, and he's the quickest they've got.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X