No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Currywurst - Bundesliga 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jupp, Jupp, Jupp, Jupp, Jupp... You left the building after singing "Suspicious Minds". Now you come back to sing track 4 from Side 2 of the Clambake soundtrack?

Comment

So, it was the dog that swung it:

Comment

Who could say no?

Comment

Cando the dog could maybe play in goal.

Comment

Hopefully Cando's got his sight and jaws set on Uli Hoeness's Wurst.

Comment

Hertha BSC players stick it to Trump today.

Comment

Sometimes you get rewarded for sticking with a tedious game: G-Man's lot were wretched, and then wretchedly unlucky against Stuttgart. Though not as unlucky as the home side would have been if that penalty had stood (no matter, it would have been missed).

All good sado-masochistic fun.

Comment

Köln has no luck. Goals from deflections, hitting posts and crossbars as if you get bonus points for that, and refereeing decisions all going against the team. Against Stuttgart they were, for once, getting some luck by having a lucky penalty awarded for them, only for the referee to overturn that decision via video technology — against the rules. Is that now two or three times Köln have been done in by the incorrect application of video technology?

But I am very proud of the club for not panicking and sacking Peter Stöger. There seems to be a confidence that the team can put together a Werder-like run to escape relegation. Or Hoffenheim-like two seasons ago. They are just waiting for, as the Germans say, the knot to burst.

Comment

Anyone care to speculate on the result of HSV vs Bayern today?

Comment

0-1. Lewandowski, 83'.

Comment

Union absolutely bossing it against Fuerth at home. 2-0 at the half.

Duesseldorf are the class of the 2. Liga, but on current form Union are as good as anyone else and will go third if current results hold.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                          0-1. Lewandowski, 83'.
                          Bollocks. 0-3 (Müller, 17'; Kimmich, 68'; Lewandowski, 89').

Comment

Oh, and Hummels will get booked in the 55th minute. Tactical foul five yards from the centre circle.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                              Bollocks. 0-3 (Müller, 17'; Kimmich, 68'; Lewandowski, 89').
                              "Bollocks", you say, sir? BOLLOCKS? I tell you what, Herr Mister Treibeis, why don't we sort this out once and for all? On the mini-golf course, the full 18 holes. YOUR fucking manor, 'cos I ain't fucking scared. 0-3, my arse.

Comment

Koeln vs Bremen. Combined league goals scored to date = 6 (3 each). So on average it takes these two teams three games to score once. Guess what? It's nil-nil...

Comment

Finished 0-0. Whoda thunk it?!?

Comment

0-1. Lewandowski, 83'.
                                    That was spookily prescient.

Hamburg need to decide whether they've turned a corner or are still shite.

Comment

"Bollocks", you say, sir? BOLLOCKS? I tell you what, Herr Mister Treibeis, why don't we sort this out once and for all? On the mini-golf course, the full 18 holes. YOUR fucking manor, 'cos I ain't fucking scared. 0-3, my arse.
                                      Let's be having you, then. But I'll tell you now, you'll be crying into your Appelwoi before we get to the Kackwurst.

I notice you don't want it on YOUR manor. And we both know why, don't we? Because if I ran your line - fuck it, I'll run BOTH lines at the same time - I'd steal your thunder, wouldn't I? Flag you off the fucking pitch, I would.

Comment

That's given me an idea for the day I renounce this officiating folly - get two preferably well built mates to come dressed as linesmen (I have enough gear, including flags) and all three of us spend the match going fucking mental at the players every time they make a mistake. Will provide security.

Comment

Count me in. "What? Yes, I know you weren't offside. I just felt like raising my flag. Now, get thee to a nunnery. Oh, yes, and before I forget: Imp! IMP! This one here just said "cunt"."

Comment

Sort the Karneval costumes and you lot could have a regular spot on WDR by February

Comment

imp is close enough to Mainz to wear his Narrenkappe. For treibeis in cold, Lutheran Hamburg, there is no organised idiocy outside the Volksparkstadion. Maybe he could join Lübeck's Senate in lieue of a Karnivalsverein.

Comment

Or just show up for NDR’s Eurovision broadcast

Comment

Köln and manager (= director of football) Jörg Schmadtcke have parted ways, citing artistic differences. I'm relieved it's Schmadtcke and not Stöger who took the fall. It's good that, for once, the suit and not the coach bears the consequences for sporting failure. And Scmadtcke, whom I like and whose contribution to the club has been significant, totally failed in buying suitable players. And the two marquee signings -- Cordoba from Mainz and Jannes Horn from Wolfsburg -- cost too much. He brought in youngsters for good money to one day fill defensive positions, but the team needs to overhaul the central midfield; the defence was doing OK.

It was clear since the last winter break that Modeste would likely leave (though even that didn't have to be). If Cordoba, who scores less than a eunuch in a hermitage, was bought to replace Modeste, then that decision is indefensible. If he was bought as a link player, then he is one of several players who can do the job (and who have a better record). Köln have seven strikers, and none of them can score goals. One of them, Guirassy, missed from two metres against Bremen.

I hope the departure of Schmadtcke is a signal to Stöger that the club still has confidence in him.

Comment

One of them, Guirassy, missed from two metres against Bremen.
                                                    A real slapstick miss, wrong foot, falling over, the works. Along with the Frankfurt keeper, and Bayern's profligacy, the latest Bundesliga highlights show definitely delivered the laughs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X