No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Currywurst - Bundesliga 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but was Papadopoulos any good? Did he do a sliding tackle? That's the most important thing.

Comment

He got a yellow card in the fifth minute. Papadopoulos was pumped.

Comment

HSV have kicked out Gisdol. The names "Magath", "Doll" and, delightfully, "Hollerbach" have been tossed into the ring.

Comment

Is Bruno Labbadia otherwise engaged?

Comment

If all else fails, Peter Neururer will be available...

Comment

Hollerbach has been effectively confirmed. The appointment of Hollerbach's official sausage-holder to be confirmed.

Comment

https://youtu.be/Kgjkth6BRRY

Comment

So, other than inspiring solo record by No Doubt singers and bullying hapless bystanders into holding his Knackwurst, Hollerbach's coaching record rests on getting promoted and relegated again in Würzburg, failing at 4th-tier VfB Lübeck, and being Felix Magath's sidekick (as which he was, admittedly, party to Wolfsburg winning the league). He's not the first guy you call when Pep Guardiola has politely declined a job offer. I'd say it's a case either of HSV thinking outside the box or all the other available names already having failed there.

Comment

And he's cheap. Don't forget that.

Comment

I was watching the highlights on Sportschau on Saturday evening, but switched over twice to HSV-Köln. First time, Terodde had just scored the first, the second time he was just about to get on the end of his impressively taken second. That was enough laughter and joy for one weekend, especially after watching Frankfurt finally win a game by more than a single goal. And while actually playing decent football. I'm almost optimistic about the run-in.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                        So, other than inspiring solo record by No Doubt singers and bullying hapless bystanders into holding his Knackwurst, Hollerbach's coaching record rests on getting promoted and relegated again in Würzburg, failing at 4th-tier VfB Lübeck, and being Felix Magath's sidekick (as which he was, admittedly, party to Wolfsburg winning the league). He's not the first guy you call when Pep Guardiola has politely declined a job offer. I'd say it's a case either of HSV thinking outside the box or all the other available names already having failed there.
                        Firstly, it was a Schinkenwurst, not a Knackwurst.

Secondly, you forgot to mention his first coaching appointment, at VfL 93 - the club whose pitchside hoardings carry an advert for the golf hut.

The regulars still love him now. He's always "Der Bernd", never "Hollerbach".

Comment

"Weisst du noch, treibeis, damals als du Bernds Schinkenwurst so gut im Griff hattest?" Das Bantz von VfL93.

Comment

When I told the story, the female regulars did nothing but make lewd comments for the rest of the evening. The male regulars, on the other hand, were simply appalled that he'd gone for a Schinkenwurst rather than a Krakauer.

Comment

A true Temple of Football

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                A true Temple of Football

That's the chairman's office (honestly).

Yesterday's local BILD-Zeitung had a photo of Der Bernd on the front page, together with the headline "Der HSV hofft auf das Wunder von Bernd".

Comment

Brilliant. The chairman's office at VfL93 reminds me of the headmaster's study at our school, which looked out on to the school yard. The curtains were only ever drawn when someone was being caned.

Comment

Just read that Darmstadt-Kaiserslautern was abandoned at half-time yesterday after Lautern manager Jeff Strasser suffered a suspected heart attack (the official term being used is a 'medical emergency', no further details as yet) and was rushed to hospital. Bloody hell.

Comment

Apparently the fans were very understanding about the game being abandoned, with even Darmstadt fans joining in songs in support of Strasser. I don't know if the away fans would have been quite so generous of spirit had it been a mid-week game in Kiel or Aue, but still, Darmstadt to Kaiserslautern is a 200km round-trip.

Comment

Eintracht Frankfurt and Gladbach, supposedly vying for second place, show why Bayern have another procession. Cynical beat clueless 2-0, and yes I'm pissed off because I got up early for that.

Has a ref ever dished out a bunch of yellow cards to subs who pretend to warm up but are really just there to put off the opposing players at corners or even a penalty? Frankfurt spent the second half "using the bench" for that purpose - successfully.

Comment

They should copy rugby's rule - subs warm up behind the goal their team are attacking.

Incompetent as it is, I'm still enjoying the battle for Champions League spots.

Comment

Comment

That is fantastic. And, I'd not be shocked to learn, based on unassailable, peer-reviewed science.

I like that bit about the Berlin dialect being passive-aggressive. Berliner Schnauze? Sie ist am besten gehalten.

Comment

I know Bielefeld exists because I‘m watching them at Bochum. It‘s 0-0 and fucking awful. The joke about Bielefeld not existing is not so much hated as it is tedious after the thousandth time you‘ve heard it.

Comment

1-0 Bielefeld. Beautiful curling left-foot free kick from the wonderfully named Florian Hartherz. We exist!

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                                    I know Bielefeld exists because I‘m watching them at Bochum. It‘s 0-0 and fucking awful. The joke about Bielefeld not existing is not so much hated as it is tedious after the thousandth time you‘ve heard it.
                                                    Where did it come from anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X