Hollerbach's Currywurst - Bundesliga 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks ursus.

"Not due to a lack of respect", well, what else could it be due to then? The whole team having the mother and father of all trots just before the big moment?

Do you have any links on that? I haven't checked the kicker homepage mind, will do. I hope they still have their English version... (may have been another German sport/football website, not sure).

Comment

Eins

Zwei

I don't recall kicker ever having an English section (other than World Cups), but Google Translate isn't awful (though the second is a video).

"Oh, well, I have to honestly admit that the players and I did not think about it at the moment," Heynckes explained when he was approached on the ARD for the unusual behavior. "In retrospect, that's right, but I want to make up for it here and congratulate Eintracht Frankfurt for the Cup."

He "would have expected that a person in charge of FC Bayern or the DFB tells us to wait until the trophy is presented," said Heynckes later. "I did not think about it at that moment, otherwise I would have asked my team to stay."

The players also justified the quick exit. "If it's disrespectful, I'm sorry, that was not our intention, there was a lot of disappointment," said Joshua Kimmich. And Mats Hummels asserted despite plenty of DFB Cup final experience: "This has little to do with lack of respect, I do not even know the knig how to behave there."

The Frankfurt themselves were in the previous year after the 1: 2 against Borussia Dortmund remained a long time on the court, but did not blame Bayern. They would not have heard that anyway, said Danny Costa. "I do not think that was malicious."

Comment

Thanks, will have a look later.

I love this excuse from Heynckes: "would have expected that a person in charge of FC Bayern or the DFB tells us to wait until the trophy is presented. I did not think about it at that moment, otherwise I would have asked my team to stay."

The man is 73, has spent all of his life in German football bar a few years abroad, and he pretends not to be aware of the most basic rule pertaining to cup protocols. It's basic etiquette anyway, nobody "in charge of FC Bayern or the DFB" should have to tell him that ffs.

As for Mats Hummels's excuse, "I do not even know how to behave there" well, what can you say, he's won it before and as the article points out has "plenty of DFB Cup final experience".

Comment

Yeah, their claim that they didn't know the protocol is gives us the perfect definition of the word disingenuous.

Comment

I'm surprised Hoeneß and Rummenigge haven't sacked Heynckes (if his contract runs to 30th June, which they usually do). I mean, the useless bastard has won just one -one! - trophy this season.

Comment

Zwayer has said that he stands by his decision, and explains it so - although there was contact, Martinez made a huge meal out of it. Just because there‘s contact does not always make it a foul. Excellent decision. Plus, no one would have been complaining if Wagner‘s follow-up shot had gone in.

Also, re. Boateng‘s apparent handball - a very clear case of ball to hand. Again, the correct decision by the excellent Herr Zwayer.

And anyway, it was Bayern, so nobody gives a flying fuck, and it was the best cup final I‘ve watched in my entire life. Frau imp and I found a tiny football bar in downtown Madrid and were Eintracht‘s sole representatives. The many Bayern fans or sympathizers outed themselves with Lewandowski‘s equaliser. So we enjoyed very boisterously the second and third goals, and are looking forward to welcoming Europa League football to the Waldstadion next season. Frau imp, who wanted to divorce me and marry Niko Kovac until he announced he was heading south, has now forgiven him, but divorce is off the cards, so everyone‘s happy. Except for the Bayern fan who told me they would „decimate“ us, and who has been receiving multiple text messages from me several times a day.

Comment

There's nowt worse than a bad winner...

Comment

I suppose it’s true they seldom have to respect protocols as regards LOSING hahahahaha.
                  Glad you found somewhere,imp and at least one great result in a weekend of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    There's nowt worse than a bad winner...
                    Indeed, as he‘s finding out to his cost. Cruel, cold revenge for several years of tedious gloating about Bayern‘s indominatible superiority. My conscience is as clean as a rat‘s that just shat on the lab floor.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ReusSZN/status/997935346435395584

That's a shame, it would have been a very memorable guard of honour with 2 players.

https://twitter.com/TeamFA/status/998179944533544961

Comment

*wheezes into mic*

And my thanks to our guests there, we'll be hearing more from them later. So, we're counting down to the Big One, just another hour until kick-off. Can Kiel do it? No, of course not. But let's build this up as best we can, it's our job.

(What's plucky in German?)

Comment

0-0 HT. Not really looking like an upset. But the ground is a fine sight. Cowshed terraces for the home fans and an away end somewhere on the other side of town.

Comment

Pity for Kiel. I hope they don't suffer the fate of Braunschweig, and get relegated the year after losing to fucking Wolfsburg in the relegation play-off.

Comment

They weren't very good, Wolfsburg were largely untroubled. VAR got busy again, otherwise it was a game short on drama. Origi must have been wondering where the last 4 years have gone, once a World Cup star in the making, now scrabbling around in the sticks.

Comment

I've only watched two Kiel matches but in those, by my count, they have conceded four goals from corners or wide free-kicks where the defending can be called terrible. And that is being extremely generous. Was this just bad luck, or a genuine issue they have? The guy today was heading the ball from six yards out, centre of the goal, with no other player within a radius of five yards of him. From a corner. He didn't even have to jump for the ball. Where on earth were all the defenders??

Comment

Belting start to the Saarbrücken-1860 playoff game. 1860 scored in the first minute, Saarbrücken has since missed about half a dozen clear chances, while 1860 could easily have gone 2-0 up. 17 minutes gone and it‘s been better than 90% of the Bundesliga games I saw this season. Why don‘t more teams attack?

Comment

Saarbrücken down to 10 men after an „over-motivated“ tackle from Behrens. Good call, but a shame for the game, which has lost its verve.

Edit: then as soon as I turn over to the WCL final Saarbrücken equalizes and then hits the bar. Wahnsinnig!
                                    Last edited by imp; 24-05-2018, 16:19.

Comment

Second half was played at the same mad pace - final score: 2-3.

Comment

Other first leg scores:
                                        Flensburg 2 Cottbus 3 (after being 0-3 down at half-time)
                                        Uerdingen 1 Mannheim 0

If both Südwest teams (Mannheim and Saarbrücken) fail, it makes it extremely hard again for Offenbach or FSV Frankfurt to escape level 4 next season, as Mannheim and Saarbrücken are consistently strong teams. (Next season, three of the five league champions - Nordost, West and Südwest - will get promoted directly, and there will only be one playoff series between the champions of the other two. This is a 'bridging' solution until the DFB comes up with something less cock-assed than the current structure.)

Comment

That makes it five play-off matches without a goal for Mannheim now. Something's got to give in the return leg, if they fail at this stage for the third year running then it'll start to feel like they'll never get out of the Regionalliga.

Comment

Well... Mannheim did manage a goal, but Uerdingen scored another two in the return leg to make it three years of play-off failure for Waldhof. Some of their moronic fans took this as a cue to start throwing fireworks and flares onto the pitch (the first leg in Duisburg had also been interrupted for five minutes for similar reasons). The ref took the teams off for 20 minutes before abandoning the match as it was clear that the dickheads weren't going to listen to anyone (when the teams re-appeared, more fireworks were launched from the home end). What a bunch of tossers. Now the club they profess to love so much will be hit with a big fine (as repeat offenders) and there'll probably be a match or two behind closed doors next season.

Yes, the system of promotion play-offs to the 3. Liga is ridiculous - currently, no champion from any of the regional leagues is promoted directly - and has the potential to generate feelings of frustration and unfairness. And the changes over the next few years don't make it much better, as the 'golden tickets' for direct promotion will be rotated around the league to try and spread the love until the DFB can come up with a solution that keeps everyone happy and also doesn't involve relegating six teams from the 3. Liga (although they don't have a problem with that state of affairs in the lower leagues...). But Mannheim fans unfortunately decided to live up to their reputation as troublesome twats and couldn't think of anything better to do, the fucking idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by JVL View Post
                                              Well... Mannheim did manage a goal, but Uerdingen scored another two in the return leg to make it three years of play-off failure for Waldhof. Some of their moronic fans took this as a cue to start throwing fireworks and flares onto the pitch (the first leg in Duisburg had also been interrupted for five minutes for similar reasons). The ref took the teams off for 20 minutes before abandoning the match as it was clear that the dickheads weren't going to listen to anyone (when the teams re-appeared, more fireworks were launched from the home end). What a bunch of tossers. Now the club they profess to love so much will be hit with a big fine (as repeat offenders) and there'll probably be a match or two behind closed doors next season.

Yes, the system of promotion play-offs to the 3. Liga is ridiculous - currently, no champion from any of the regional leagues is promoted directly - and has the potential to generate feelings of frustration and unfairness. And the changes over the next few years don't make it much better, as the 'golden tickets' for direct promotion will be rotated around the league to try and spread the love until the DFB can come up with a solution that keeps everyone happy and also doesn't involve relegating six teams from the 3. Liga (although they don't have a problem with that state of affairs in the lower leagues...). But Mannheim fans unfortunately decided to live up to their reputation as troublesome twats and couldn't think of anything better to do, the fucking idiots.
                                              I was watching this and it was incredible. What sort of reaction is it getting in Germany? If this had happened in the UK it would have been headline news for days. What struck me was the sheer amount of incendiary stuff that was thrown on to the pitch, and in the stand. How did they get it all in? Whenever I've been to Germany, the security has been well in excess of anything I've experienced here, even at some of the smaller games - I had to leave my bag at the gate last year at a Regionalliga game where the attendance was barely 250, and I'm probably the least threatening person you'll meet.
                                              Last edited by Capybara; 28-05-2018, 09:52.

Comment

That is a problem at quite a few grounds: certain fan groups have friends/like-minded people working for the companies that provide security staff on the turnstiles... so they just have to make sure that they queue up at the right gate, and a lot of stuff slips through the cordon. This has been found to be happening at Kaiserslautern and Dortmund, and presumably at plenty of other grounds too...

But then again, I had a similar experience to you when I was at a Regionalliga match in Walldorf earlier this year, had to leave my bag at the gate as my book and scarf clearly marked me out as a dangerous troublemaker.

Comment

As mentioned upthread, some devoted ultras have been smuggling firecrackers in up their arses. The actual security checks can vary between borderline anal probing and a negligible pat, depending on the motivation of the individual. I don't even know if these people get paid. The DFL has a huge ad in today's kicker asking for match day volunteers, selling it Tom Sawyer-style like it's an unmissable experience. With the amount of money in the modern game, I find it unconscionable that they're luring people in to work for free, presumably with the perk of at some point being inside the stadium without having to pay.

Coverage in the German media? Nowhere near as important as the state of Manuel Neuer's fitness, which was the lead item on ZDF halftime news during the CL Final on Saturday. Presumably to capture the fan demographic that was already tuned in, but still. (I know, the Mannheim game was Sunday - plus, I didn't see the news yesterday, so it may have been covered. But in today's kicker it's page 67, and the headline is about Mannheim's failure, not the game being abandoned.)

The failure of Mannheim and Saarbrücken to win their ties means that Hessen Kassel gets relegated to the fifth tier Hessenliga. FSV Frankfurt escaped a third successive relegation by two points. If Kassel hadn't been docked nine points for insolvency they'd have been fucked.

Comment

Guten abend. The Tom Sawyer plan Imp mentions works well in political campaigns- sell repetitive tedium as fun- but should be a no no in pro football.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X