Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Teams
    Reading
    Biscuit
    Chocolate Butternut Snap
    Wycombe's Marcus Bean was on Monday's GFW and very good he was too.

Today’s Totally Football Show.
    https://audioboom.com/posts/7010457-...econd-syllable
    (James, Sash, Daniel Storey & Ian Irving)
    Felt like we covered literally loads. Props to Producer Ben for condensing this down to an hour.

VT, although I found Caliphate completely gripping, I found myself pondering over the structure of it, and the way if moved quite casually from the particular case to the general process of trying to report on Isis in an information vacuum. The latter is still absolutely fascinating, because it is such an information vacuum, but I found that there wasn't much reflection on this – the difficulties, the dead-ends, the areas we don't or will never know. I though Serial did this maybe a bit better. In retrospect, I think they started and then had to change up halfway through. Still amazing reporting though, of course.

So I've got to the end of In The Dark series 2, and it really is staggeringly good. The amount of journalism that has gone into it is humbling – five reporters and producers moved from Minnesota to Mississippi for a whole year to report on the case. And their work is painstaking, patient and relentless. There are incredible searches for documents and people that reveal a rancid underbelly of poor or non-existent record keeping, systematic bias in the legal system, and much more. It's a case that, if anything, raises much wider questions for US justice than the first series of Serial.

They have just released a new update on the case. Lola Flowers, the mother of Curtis Flowers who case is discussed in the pod, has tragically died since the conclusion of the series.

https://www.apmreports.org/story/201...dark-s2-update
    Last edited by diggedy derek; 18-09-2018 at 10:01.

Teams
    Ipswich Town
    Biscuit
    Chocolate Hobnob
    Thanks for the "Caliphate" recommendation VT, I listened to the whole thing on a long drive to Kent and back (from Loughborough).

Was gripped from start to finish although I was confused slightly when my iPhone decided to play two of the episodes out of sequence.