No announcement yet.

Chart Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Sarah Bee occasionally (not disconcertingly) sounds like Gabby Logan.

Comment

Who is that?

Comment

The very mention of 1987 sends chills down my spine. Still, looking forward to the podcast.

Comment

Stumpy, All I'm going to say is "I'm never going to give you up."

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
            Who is that?
            She’s the daughter of former Leeds and Wales midfielder Terry Yorath, the wife of former Scottish rugby international Kenny Logan and a longstanding general-purpose sports broadcaster.

Comment

Has she ever been (comically) hit in the head with a stray football while reporting from the sidelines during warm-ups? Those are my favorite sportscasters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                You should be able to See this .

Berba, you beautiful bastard. Spent the last while cavorting around my living room to Blondie like a bopping rhino. Glorious.

Comment

When they're on top of the pops you can see from the lack of cables on the guitars that they're miming. But the Drummer sure as fuck isn't. what exactly are they hearing in the studio? The Drummer drumming along with the record?

Comment

Clem Burke is god.

Comment

Don't they have dimmer pads or something?

Comment

Crockett’s theme, wow. Hadn’t thought of that since I went (was sent against my will) to keyboard lessons. It’s not the worst.

Comment

LL Cool J, what a fanny. Two classic songs really. Don’t call it a comeback, he’s been here for years.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that the Nishlord has a touch of the Stephen Fry about him.

Some of his epithets only work in his accent. There's no way that 'nobbing a sofa' would be as funny unless spoken with a specific twang, in the same way that Fry would say certain words in certain ways (see 'mein handy' for details).

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                              When they're on top of the pops you can see from the lack of cables on the guitars that they're miming. But the Drummer sure as fuck isn't. what exactly are they hearing in the studio? The Drummer drumming along with the record?
                              Silent drum sticks. Which google tells me are a real thing and not just something from, iirc, The Goon Show.*

Edit * Yes indeed: The MacReekie Rising of '74, Series 7, Episode 4.

GREENSLADE:
                              Listeners, the silence you are now hearing is not the silence brought on by the insertion of earplugs. It is the silence brought on by Grytpype-Thynne, who fiend that he is, is actually playing the drum with silent drumsticks, thank you
                              Last edited by wiblflibl; 22-11-2017, 13:03.

Comment

Very good as always. Nishlord's grot-mag tales never fail to raise a smile.

I can't get riled about Rick Astley myself; he still has a fine voice whatever you think of his records, as evidenced by his recent recordings. He can't dance for shit though.

Comment

I found it interesting that Sarah was the same age in 1987 as I was in 1975, so for her this episode would be like a 1975 episode for me. It's like a nightmare version of Proust, in that all the contextual details bring back the most sick-making aspects of being 9 years old in the mid-70s or 1987.

I was surprised that Madonna would sing live as late as 1987; kudos to her for being quite bold as she could easily have avoided doing so, even though it was an unwise choice given her vocal weakness. The song was a phoning it in version of Into The Groove, however, and, as Sarah said, viewers would just forget it and reach for the original.

Kudos also to Taylor for continuing to do this episode when so clearly unwell, but it made me feel somewhat guilty that he was giving me so many laughs whilst clearly in a bad physical state. Is there no subs' bench?
                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 27-11-2017, 13:10.

Comment

New wan’s oot!

Comment

4/9/80 I'm straight on it

Comment

Wasn’t bad at all. Stubbs had a bleeding horrible Skype connection but. Was too close to the mike or something, especially at the beginning. Was hard on the ears when I had the phones in walking into town (occasionally laughing or grinning like a simple).

Comment

The various videos of the Kelly Marie/Ray Dorset song are quite unsettling. In this one she has a bit of a strop on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wz_9dVJ-Ew

This one has some rather disturbing Cotton Club/Black & White Mistrels resonances in the back-up dancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCEITyN6np4

Comment

"A wank in the park, a shit in the dark"

Comment

Did anyone notice the typo that came up during the recent BBC4 clip show when they played Robert Wyatt's "Shipbuilding"? When the background info panel came up it said "Robert Wyatt's plaintiff voice..."!

Comment

I can't quite believe they discussed Sheena Easton for half an hour without mentioning her relationship with Prince

Comment

Yeah, and Pricey as well. Probably blanking it out.

Comment

No Sugar Walls?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X