X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they're sponsored by Coke.

Comment

It's ok.

The discussion about couples having an loud argument in public reminds me that the last time I saw a couple (presumably, they were a couple. Maybe brother and sister) shouting at each other was just outside Paddington Station, the last time I was there. I can't recall the content, exactly, but I recall the man saying something that sounded very sympathetic, but exasperated, like "why can't you see how this codependancy is hurting you" or something like that. One expects this sort of thing late at night after the bars close, but this was around 3 pm on a weekday, I think.

Perhaps it's a British tradition.

Comment

Neil Kulkarni's wife has passed away. Announced on his Facebook page.

Comment

Ah fuck.

Comment

That's awful.

Comment

Very sad news, thoughts with him.

Comment

Really sad news. I've met most of the Chart Music team in person, and Kulkarni is one exception. But he really comes across as a really nice bloke. Heartbreaking stuff

Comment

Well, my timing of this post couldn't be worse.

Neil, if you read this, sorry, I don't have the words.

I came bursting on here, because wingco, at around 32 minutes, was talking about Billy Bunter, and he says "hurry ramjat singh" (sic).

Which is a line from the Teardrop Explodes "Colours Fly Away", which I put on the jukebox yesterday, because they had very few Aretha songs.

No, wasn't worth it.

Comment

That's sad to hear.

May I ask if and when Bummerdog t-shirts will be available?

Comment

Shit that’s really horrible. think he has youngish kids as well if I remember from twitter right. So shitty.

Comment

Awful news.

Comment

That's awful news.

Comment

Ah shite. That's horrible.

Comment

It’s oot and it’s a Parkes and Pricey joint. Madchester 89 episode.

Comment

It was very enjoyable. Monkey Boy gets a fair kicking.

Comment

The Big Fun stories are fantastic.

Comment

Ah, Jenny Powell. A first crush of mine but perhaps of more note is that I have her left cleavage boost pad thing somewhere.

Comment

You can't leave that hanging. (As indeed it were.)

A guy with whom I once worked claimed to have dated her. The colleague - rather prone to making up unlikely stories - then embarrassingly proceeded to forget her name completely when I mentioned this among company in the pub a month or so later: I felt so bad for him that I bought him a pint to make up for it.

Comment

You worked with Ken McKenzie?

Having raised that, didn't a previous I, Ludicrous discussion yield the revelation that one poster really was mates with Ken McKenzie?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                          You can't leave that hanging. (As indeed it were.)
                                          And now I'm not on my phone, I won't. Though I thought I had done this before.

Way back when I was doing standup, there was (still is) a monthly Gong Show at the Comedy Store in Manchester. Usual format, try to last five minutes before a rabid crowd vote you off. Normally I and a number of decent unknown comics would do the show only if we could be arsed, or wanted to fuck about for a few minutes or whatever. One month a number of us were actually asked to do the show and it turns out that it was being filmed. The reason being, Jenny Powell was having a crack at doing standup. Of course, being one of my first crushes, I'm going to be there. Things didn't really get off on the right foot though. She proudly announced that she had come up with the idea for the show while on a beach in Barbados, and rang up a producer at Granada who agreed to give her a half hour show about it. And she had been practising her material, most of which was being written for her. To a bunch of jobbing comics desperately trying to get screen time, this went down like a bag of sick. Next, the usually random ish draw was fixed so that myself and another guy would be immediately before her to soften up the crowd a bit. And she wasn't going to be sitting in the crowd like the rest of us, she would be sat backstage.

Show starts, format is a pro comic comes on, does 10 to loosen things up. Said pro is Seymour Mace, lovely chap and a very, very funny guy. And he's in a sparkly dress borrowed from Powell. "Helloooo" he says, in his Geordie drawl "...I'm Beyonce." Crowd love it. Then Gong Show starts, crowd are decent, I go up, last around 3 and half, then the next guy does the same and finally Powell. She bounds onto the stage and launches into some material about her ex, John Leslie, who had been in the news. "I know what oyu are thinking, I bet John Leslie has ripped the fucking arse out of that". Well, that's fairly self-deprecating. But as the momentum slows, she pretends to hear a heckle "What? Get your tits out for the lads?" She reaches down her top, pulls out those pad things and throws them into the crowd. And they land next to me. My friend Spider grabs one, I grab the other and we look and each other and go "Ebay!".

Except I never got around to it.

She lasts two minutes and doesn't reappear after the show. She seemed nice enough but was just kind of oblivious to her... would "privilege" be the right word? Anyway, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                            You worked with Ken McKenzie?

Having raised that, didn't a previous I, Ludicrous discussion yield the revelation that one poster really was mates with Ken McKenzie?
                                            Yes, it's in 'Books' somewhere. Here, in fact.
                                            Last edited by Capybara; 03-09-2018, 17:50.

Comment

The Top Ten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4J0...KU_ttmsf0Jg3IU

Comment

I hope everyone has listened to the wonderful song at the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                                  Yes, it's in 'Books' somewhere. Here, in fact.
                                                  Thanks, Capybara! Although the thread also reminds me that my progress through Ringolevio has been erratic so far.

Comment

11/8/83 Price and Parkes 03:19:31

https://chartmusiccouk.wordpress.com...t-me-from-she/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X