Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draft Fantasy Football - OTFDFPL 2017-18

Update!

I have created a new season for OTF using the same website as last season (draft fantasy football).

https://draftfantasyfootball.co.uk/l...f5DaNkpg2pokFQ

-----------------------------------
    OK, so I've had a look at the site we used last year, Draft Fantasy Football, and they've made a few new features:

Private Leagues will have the option to add playoffs and a dynasty option:
    Playoffs mean that the league will end in tournament-style to decide the champion of the league.
    Dynasty Leagues will keep players from season to season instead of drafting completely new teams.
    Playoffs are a bonus, I'd say.

Initial squads are chosen during the draft and must conform to the rules set by the league creator at before the draft throughout the season:

Each squad must consist of between 11 – 15 players:

Between 1 – 2 Goalkeeper
    Between 3 – 6 Defenders
    Between 3 – 6 Midfielders
    Between 3 – 6 Forwards
    Unsure if this means the league creator sets a specified number of each position or not.

You can also run a classic league where teams just add up their weekly points, rather than playing head-to-head matches. I prefer the head-to-head matches.

The league creator can also arrange the drafting order manually, so we could make the first round of draft picks the inverse of the 2016-17 finishing positions (with new managers going first).

The main drawbacks - and I can't see any way around them - was that there wasn't email reminders to set your lineup (though there is now an app, which might do alerts - I don't know) and the other drawback was that you can't specify a shorter season length. Personally I'd prefer to have two Fantasy seasons within one Premier League season. I suppose we could start a second league halfway through, so one runs for 38 and another for 19...?

Anyway, does anyone still fancy this, and do we want to start before the first matches, or wait until after the transfer window closes?
    Last edited by Kevin S; 22-07-2017, 19:56.

Intro:
    WHAT IS DRAFT FANTASY FOOTBALL?
    In Draft Fantasy each person in your league picks a unique squad of 15 players in what is known as “the draft“. The draft progresses turn by turn until all squads are filled up.

For all of the 38 weeks of the Premier League season, you pick 11 players for your lineup and 4 for your bench. Your players score points based on their real performances. The better they perform the more points you score.

WHAT MAKES DRAFT DIFFERENT TO OTHER PREMIER LEAGUE FANTASY FOOTBALL GAMES?
    Other fantasy games for the Premier League work with a salary cap. This means you pick any team you want as long as it fits the budget. Salary-cap leads to a lot of “template” teams where everyone in your league has picked very similar squads. In Draft Fantasy Football, each Premier League player can only be owned by single team in your league at any one time. If you own Sanchez, no one else in the league can. If somebody wants him, they might have to offer you multiple players to get him off you. Draft Fantasy Football also has smaller leagues usually of 8-12 teams per league instead of having thousands or millions of similar teams.

Comment

I'm in again, cheers Kev.

Comment

Excellent. Just started to look at setting up and I see individual managers don't get a choice of number of players per position - it's fixed when setting up the league. I would want to have squads of 15 I think, but whether we stick with 2-5-5-3 as last season or tried something else I wouldn't mind.

This means that player trades between managers (of which there are few, to be honest) still need to include the same number of players in the same positions from both managers, e.g. a shite defender and great forward traded for a great defender and shite forward.

There are also now two further options for point scoring which we can switch on or off:
        'The Kante rule' will award points for tackles and recoveries (sound reasonable I suppose?)
        'Bonus points' can be switched on to give bonus points to the best players in each match (seems a bit silly, don't they get points anyway...?)

If we want to be up and running for the start of the season then I suppose we want to draft on Thursday 3 August in order to have a clear week to go through the teams and make tweaks post-draft.

Comment

I'll go with the majority on those changes. Is there an option to contact the managers as admin Kev or are we reliant on the new board?

Comment

I'll try to stay active this time around.

So we are going to stick with this site, and not the new draft league option from the official FPL site?

Comment

I might be interested in giving this a go...if the draft happens on a specific date, I assume I'd need to be online at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                I'll try to stay active this time around.

So we are going to stick with this site, and not the new draft league option from the official FPL site?
                Oh. Well that puts a different spin on things. Does it look better?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                  I might be interested in giving this a go...if the draft happens on a specific date, I assume I'd need to be online at the time?
                  Not necessarily; you can create a ranking of your target players and the system will just give you the highest available players on your list each round of the draft.

Comment

Ok, in which case I'm definitely interested. If I can be online for the draft I will unless life and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                      Oh. Well that puts a different spin on things. Does it look better?
                      I'm not sure, the game isn't live yet. Here is an overview:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772

Comment

I'd just like to register interest in joining in this year, whatever format you choose.

Comment

I wonder if the FPL site might be the better option as presumably the FPL 'classic' players could just use the same login information. If uptake is good we'll have to run multiple leagues. How many played the classic FPL last season?

Comment

54 iirc Kev. How many lasted they whole season I'm not sure.

Comment

Have just come across a subreddit for these games:
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/DraftEPL/

there seems to be some skepticism about the official FPL Draft; and I don't think they've released any details this week, as they said they would?

Comment

A site called Fantrax appears to be well-regarded by the Reddit users there.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                  54 iirc Kev. How many lasted they whole season I'm not sure.
                                  I didn't even last until the first game of the season

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                    I didn't even last until the first game of the season
                                    So you'll be in again then SDR.

Comment

Already there, Antep.

Comment

Ok, so the official one does exist:
                                        http://draft.premierleague.com

Go with this, or the same as last time, or switch to Fantrax?

Comment

I'd be tempted to go with the official one as we might be able to link up with the other players and increase the player base. As always I'm happy to go with the majority.

Comment

The official one doesn't allow trades by the looks of things. Is that a big deal?

Comment

Between players? Iirc nobody made one last season.

Comment

If you do the DFF one and need anyone else I'll join in, I'm already registered for that one. Not that that should influence the choice though.

Comment

I'd go with whichever one offers the best "fantasy draft experience", happy to sign up to a new one if that's the better choice

Comment

Working...
                                                  X