No announcement yet.

Draft Fantasy Football - OTFDFPL 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be interesting as you say Kev with the transfers etc. I've got Costa who instinctively I wanted to trade out but I think I'll wait for the window to close if he doesn't leave before.

Comment

Sorry guys. I'm doing an auction Fantasy League thing with 11 others, including some football writer names people, tomorrow night. So, with that in mind, I was never in a position to do this and end up with two different teams, that would be confusing.

Anyone any tips for how to approach it? I'm thinking of a team of players who have appeared in the EFL or are English-eligible. I know it's restrictive but I there are too many players I just don't like these days, so giving myself a restriction gives my team an identity, even when it means I won't win. I'm not bothered about winning, the evening of the auction is always a highlight that is worth much more than selecting some Liverpool players and getting points to win a competition!

Comment

How about uncapped English players?
        Or Scottish, Welsh and Irish players?

Comment

Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih View Post
          Sorry guys. I'm doing an auction Fantasy League thing with 11 others, including some football writer names people, tomorrow night. So, with that in mind, I was never in a position to do this and end up with two different teams, that would be confusing.
          Haha...just wait until draft leagues catch on more. For fantasy football (gridiron), I'm in four different leagues, so four different teams. That's not that unusual.

Comment

I enjoy these much more than salary cap. The T20 cricket competitions would lend themselves quite well to draft fantasy I think. It's probably possible to run a 'home-made' game if you know what you're doing I suppose.

Comment

Is this League going to run for the whole season or is it for a set number of fixtures? I can't see anything in the set up. I think it might be good to go for half the season and then have a 'new' league later in the year.

Comment

Ugh, pipped on the waiver wires to Mkhitaryan!

Comment

There was me thinking that this had been another fine round so far. And then Kyle Walker gets himself sent off, the big twat. A strong fightback from Sané, Agüero and Gabriel Jesus and Doraemon could take this.
                  Last edited by Kevin S; 21-08-2017, 19:51.

Comment

Right, how am I doing? Ripping up the league I presume.

Comment

Oh, right...

Comment

City let me down badly, even more so in the original game, where despite spending hours on research and analysis I am somehow in the bottom quartile. Still, early days.

Comment

There's a Champions League version going to be launched, anybody up for that?

Comment

Currently Great Ouse Town 51 - 47 Beachcombers Utd with Mounié still go for the Beachcombers tonight. I'm lucky that Inca isn't out of sight in that match already, as he has 16 points on the bench in the shapes of De Bruyne and Rashford. Quite the squad to leave those two out!

Comment

Bad selection on my part. Thought Alexis would do better than KDB and I didn't know if Rashford would start after the internationals.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                There's a Champions League version going to be launched, anybody up for that?
                                I am interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                  I am interested.
                                  Kev, do you want to set it up under the current league umbrella?

Comment

Not sure if I can cope with UCL as well! I've got three NFL teams plus the PL one already.

Comment

AE, what about a traditional CL league? Though I don't know if we'd be able to get enough people in a day to make it worthwhile.

Comment

We could ask on the fantasy not draft premier league site?

Comment

Mounié on two points, 25 mins to go. An assist or goal gives Beachcombers the win...

Comment

Not to worry, Kev. I'd be third in the table if we were just going by points scored.

Comment

Ugh...forgot to set my lineup.

Comment

Realised I haven't looked at this in ages...

Great Ouse Town 21-7
                                                Beachcombers Utd 15-13
                                                Doraemon United 15-13
                                                Haytor Haters 13-15
                                                Zeugma Ziraat Spor 13-15
                                                Quartz Carp 7-21

Comment

It's quite easy to lose interest over a full season, mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                    It's quite easy to lose interest over a full season, mind you.
                                                    With 6 and not 12 teams that makes it tougher to maintain interest as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X