OTFL 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTFL 18

Just got the email from ComNish to remind us all to set keepers by the end of the month. Minimum of 17 for OTFL Dynasty, and maximum of 5 for OTFL.

So the defending OTFL champions - Squishy Fishies - are without a manager, right? Is there anyone else out there who fancies giving this a go...?

Still a bit gutted about losing the OTFL Super Bowl in my first season. Mind you, would I have come back as hungry if we'd gone and won it first time?

I am the equivalent of the Cleveland Browns and ready to go. I guess I need to log in and see if I chanced on anyone worth keeping.

Will do better if I make the draft this year. Or perhaps not - there have been autodraft legends in the past.

Comment

How easy is this to play? If it's similar to the fantasy cycling I'd be happy to make up the numbers.

Comment

It's more like the draft fantasy PL but with more bells and whistles.

In OTFL you assemble a squad through a draft (we can keep up to five of last season's players each). Since it's draft there can be only one team with Rob Gronkowski in it. And you pick your lineup from your squad ahead of each game week. In OTFL you can wheel and deal with the unattached players too, to tweak your squad throughout the season.

OTFL Dynasty is different in that we keep 17 or more players from last season, and you can't wheel and deal. The drafting fills the gaps and brings the new young players into the league but otherwise you've got the players until they retire.

Comment

I'd say it's the most enjoyable fantasy sports game I've played but it does seem to take a bit more work than most. The fact that the NFL season is so short really helps make it work as typically people don't drop out

Comment

Sounds good, count me in if you are short. What do I need to do to sign up?

Comment

Once we know what numbers are I guess Nishlord will be along to open it up. You can be first on the waiting list. (that's if nish locates the new forum)

Comment

I've just sent Nish mail through the game, so I hope he'll be along soon.

Comment

Ahoy, chaps.

I'm fiddling away on Dynasty at the moment, but the top priority in OTFL is to get the Fishies an owner, preferably the original one if he'd like it back. But if owners in both leagues could set their keepers before the end of the month, that'd be lovely.

Are we going to expand OTFL out to 2 extra teams, by the way?

Comment

Well, clearly the Fishies are better off without me, but I should be able to take them over again this year.

Comment

Is the 'Wolverhampton. Stop laughing.' biscuit the default? (maybe if I'd read the post-moving thread I'd know this).

Comment

Excellent ! S. Aureus is back.

Comment

Mint. Chuck us contact details, and I'll put them back where they belong.

Comment

Yay!

Nish, I've forgotten something about Keepers and whether it works the same in both leagues. Do they count as your first picks, or your last picks?

Comment

They count as your first picks

Comment

(For which reason, it's kind of important to know how many teams there will be this season, before naming keepers. It makes a considerable difference)

Comment

PM sent, Nish

Comment

Thanks ad hoc. Looks like I don't want to be keeping any D players in OTFL then!

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                      Is the 'Wolverhampton. Stop laughing.' biscuit the default? (maybe if I'd read the post-moving thread I'd know this).
                                      There seems to have been some unpredictable mapping on biscuits and stuff on the migration.

Comment

Wolverhampton is a pretty solid name for a biscuit TBH.

Comment

Right then, have put up a thread on the OTFL message board about the possibility of adding two expansion teams. The way I see it would be:

1. Existing teams would still be able to keep up to 5 players

2. The two expansion teams would start the draft with no players

3. However, the selected keepers would be loaded in at the top of the draft, effectively giving the two expansion teams a clear run at the best of the unkept pool

Let me know what you think. AE, you get first dibs if we expand.

Comment

If you expand I'm in, cheers Nishlord.

Comment

OK, anyone else want in? Room for one more.

Comment

Last call for a new entrant to go in with AE...

Comment

Oh, and if anyone knows the Ilford Illiterates, can you give 'em a nudge to set their keepers in the Dynasty league?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X