No announcement yet.

Fleetwood at Birkdale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speith has driven so far off line he's had to take a penalty drop and place it on the driving range by the Sky Open Zone and some lorries. He's got a hill in the way too. He's taken about 20 minutes already.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
      I already dislike Jordan Speith, although he is probably a very nice lad. I have a feeling I am going to loathe him around 8 o'clock tonight when he robs me of what for me would be A Bloody Fortune. Come on Kooch...
      This.

Comment

I despise Spieth for how fucking slow he is. Particularly when putting, but all the time, he spends ages getting ready to hit, then changes his mind and stands back and does it all again.

It's depressingly slow to watch, but it's even worse because it makes the shitty amateur hackers think it's reasonable to do that, too, when they should spend about 15 seconds guessing the read and then hit because they're not good enough to warrant more.

Comment

A lot is being made about the time he took on 13 but there's little doubt that it was a tactical masterstroke. Both to work out that he was allowed to play from the driving range and that it allowed him to calm down. Bet he wish he'd taken just a bit more time on the 12th at Augusta last year. I do think Spieth will go on to win more, now. Although every year now seems to spawn 2 or 3 kids who are just as good.

Comment

Is this the best option for an ongoing golf thread?

Tiger Woods is leading the latest PGA tournament. Just flown a 3 wood all the way to the green of a par 5, stopping it within about 3 feet. Never seen anything like it. He put the eagle put in too.

He looks in terrific shape.

Comment

Working...
            X