No announcement yet.

FA Cup 2017/18 - California Dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then Gluey league has a policy which says that "For cup tie takings of greater than X, 25% shall go to the club involved, and the remaining 75% will be divided equally among all the clubs in the league"

I realise that this (a) needs to be worked on a bit; and (b) presupposes that we're living in some kind of utopia in which people realise that sharing wealth actually benefits everyone in the long run

Comment

Why are the leagues all sponsored by glue brands anyway? What's in it for Big Glue?

Comment

Yeah, Evo-Stik is a Bostik brand, so Bostik sponsor all three of the Step 3-4 leagues.

Often seems there's a 'trade' angle to a lot of the sponsors of lower level competitions, like Vanarama, Johnstone's Paint, LDV, Checkatrade,

Comment

4th round televised ties

Fri 26th
          7.55pm Yeovil v Man U (BBC)

Sat 27th
          12:30pm Peterboro v Leicester/Fleetwood (BT)
          5:30pm Newport v Spurs (BT)
          7:30pm Liverpool v WBA (BT)

Sun 28th
          1:30pm Norwich/Chelsea v Newcastle (BT)
          4pm Cardiff/Mansfield v Man C (BBC)

Comment

Hahaha, so now the Man United televised run has been broken TV companies are free to put them on TV as much as they can?

Comment

In their efforts to make it difficult for away fans to buy tickets in the home end, the parochial Newport County administration have once again completely stitched up their exiled supporters. Even long-standing trust members (e.g. Me!) have to take time off work and travel to the ground in the hope of getting one solitary match ticket. Plus I should queue with whoever I want to sit by at the game.

Comment

Often seems there's a 'trade' angle to a lot of the sponsors of lower level competitions

Comment

Magic of the Cup.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/956927200451801088

Comment

I’ve been wishing Yeovil would get rid of the hoops they adopted on entering the league for years. When they sort of do it’s for something worse :

I wonder what the three stars are for? They’re unlucky to be behind due to some hapless defending from the otherwise excellent Tom James.

Comment

Nice segments on Jimmy Armfield and Nathan Blake at half time.

Comment

The three stars apparently celebrate Yeovil's 15 years in the football league, with each star representing five seasons. Which is as rubbish a concept as the deconstructed hoops. I hope they get stuffed.

Comment

Oof. No love for the underdog then?

Comment

3-0!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              Nice segments on Jimmy Armfield and Nathan Blake at half time.
                              Both of those pieces choked me up in different ways. The latter for the second time today (as I saw it online earlier), one of the reasons being how emotional Blakey seemed reminiscing about it.

I hope Man City hammer the cunts at the weekend, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                The three stars apparently celebrate Yeovil's 15 years in the football league, with each star representing five seasons. Which is as rubbish a concept as the deconstructed hoops. I hope they get stuffed.
                                Yeah, that sums up modern marketing idiocy. Come up with a gimmick that tempts fate and ignores history* in one cringing combo - "awesome work going forward concept-wise, team!"

(*i.e. the history of rigged re-election, which is why it's 15 not 30)

Comment

We are the only team in the 5th round.

Comment

Still

Comment

NUHIUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Can’t cope with much more of this

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                          Can’t cope with much more of this
                                          Did you manage to get tickets?

Comment

I'm listening on Radio 5. I think I'd be dying if I was there.

Comment

Are you going to go to Wembley, HORN?

Comment

Very much enjoyed that - nice work Newport!

HORN, hope you can make the replay.

Comment

Cheers chaps. I managed to get to the game, and I’m hoping to engineer a few days work in North London in a week or so [winky]

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                                    Cheers chaps. I managed to get to the game, and I’m hoping to engineer a few days work in North London in a week or so [winky]
                                                    Hopefully the replay is on the Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X