FA Cup 2017/18 - California Dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    It is customary to play each other twice in the league.
    I think Uroš Predić is suggesting that we don't count one of the FA's recent bright ideas.
    Last edited by Me Old Flower; 07-11-2017, 06:17.

Comment

Another home tie against lower placed opposition for Shrewsbury. Town fans seem pleased to have got a "winnable" tie and are already asking for Spurs in the third round. Such cockiness unnerves me.

Comment

Don't count your chickens and all that. As draws go that's probably the best you could get, a below average League 2 side. Any non-league team at this stage is going to put up an almighty fight with a sniff of glory to come in the next round. Having said that, if any club really needed a home draw against a BRC right now it's Morecambe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
          And when we lose at Crewe...
          Fucking teld yer all. I hate the fucking FA Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
            I think Uroš Predić is suggesting that we don't count one of the FA's recent bright ideas.
            My apologies. It is indeed three.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
              Minor point of pedantry but I think the "EFL Trophy" should be blamed on the EFL (hence the name) rather than the FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                Minor point of pedantry but I think the "EFL Trophy" should be blamed on the EFL (hence the name) rather than the FA.
                Yes, you're right. Force of habit.

Comment

Wycombe Wanderers v Leatherhead or Billericay Town
                  I have to say that the potential meeting of former Wimbledon number tens (and my son’s first two favourite players) Akinfenwa and Midson probably interests me more than The Dons’ own dreary draw (and almost inevitable defeat) at home to Charlton.

I’m sure the loathsome Billericay will screw it up though.

Comment

Woking get to be the round's unnoticed giant-killers, if Bury are giants.

Comment

Christ, that’s like Brighton v Walton & Hersham in ‘73.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                        Woking get to be the round's unnoticed giant-killers, if Bury are giants.
                        There was only one team which looked focused and as though they had the desire and professional competence with which to win a game at Gigg Lane tonight. It wasn't Bury.

Comment

Woohooo third round here we come. Hoping for Spurs away.

Comment

Why were only around half the games played on the Saturday? What's the appeal of 2pm Sundays?

Comment

Maybe to give the BBC the chance to cover a lot of games at the same time.

It’s been great entertainment, particularly Blackburn v Crewe. And now Woking equalise!

Comment

Yeah, a chunk of ties are moved to be part of BBC’s FA Cup Final Score (if it’s still called that) who go from game to game and show all the goals.

Great win for Wimbledon today over Charlton, a team struggling just above the D3 relegation zone comfortably beating a side in the top six of the division - though i’m Not sure how strong the Addicks’ side was.

Comment

When were Newport last in the third round - presumably some point while Aldridge was playing for them? A mere two years ago, it seems, and '85-'86 before that:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42195016
                                  Last edited by Diable Rouge; 03-12-2017, 17:26.

Comment

Two years ago.

Ballsed it up at home to ten man Blackburn.

Comment

“We pride ourselves on our fitness” says Hereford’s clinically obese manager...

Comment

Am I right in saying that no non-league teams managed to beat opponents from the Football League? Sets things up nicely for Rochdale to make it six televised FA Cup defeats in a row tonight, a run which included an embarrassing home defeat to FCUM which I'm sure many on here enjoyed.

First time ever I'll be able to watch the Dale from the comfort of my own sofa. Can't wait, I think.

Comment

Yes, it's entirely possible that no non league team will get through to the third round this season. I suppose that could be Karmic balance following the exploits of Lincoln and Sutton last season.

Comment

Decent 3rd round draw. I predict Liverpool v Everton will be on the BBC. And Man U obviously!

Comment

The third-round draw in full:

Ipswich Town v Sheffield United

Watford v Bristol City

Birmingham City v Burton Albion

Liverpool v Everton

Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace

Aston Villa v Woking or Peterborough United

Bournemouth v AFC Fylde or Wigan

Coventry City v Stoke City

Newport County v Leeds United

Bolton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town

Port Vale v Bradford City

Nottingham Forest v Arsenal

Brentford v Notts County

Queens Park Rangers v MK Dons

Manchester United v Derby County

Forest Green Rovers or Exeter City v West Bromwich Albion

Doncaster Rovers v Slough Town or Rochdale

Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Wimbledon

Middlesbrough v Sunderland

Fleetwood or Hereford v Leicester City

Blackburn Rovers or Crewe Alexandra v Hull City

Cardiff City v Mansfield Town

Manchester City v Burnley

Shrewsbury Town v West Ham United

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swansea City

Stevenage v Reading

Newcastle United v Luton Town

Millwall v Barnsley

Fulham v Southampton

Wycombe Wanderers v Preston North End

Norwich City v Chelsea

Gillingham or Carlisle United v Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Genuinely thought Carlisle (or Gillingham, obvs) were going to get Chelsea.

Comment

The Dons are going back to Wombley! A great tie in a pretty good draw all round, about a dozen ties worth televising.

Comment

Spurs v Wimbledon the standout there, but possibly not the best chance of an upset.

Glad Carlisle didn't get Chelsea as that would've made the inevitable replay defeat all the harder to take.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X