No announcement yet.

FA Cup 2017/18 - California Dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I hadn't already experienced a half-full Wembley (Play-Off Final against Stockport in 2008) I might not have been saying this but I'd have been more likely (though probably not much more) to make the effort to attend the replay had it been at White Hart Lane. As it is I'll be very surprised if we take as many as Newport did. No reason we can't get a result there though. Hill will certainly have the players believing so.

Comment

I hope you enjoyed yesterday, AH. One of my best mates is a Daley and I was absolutely delighted for him, not just in the result for the club but as a decent bit of PR for the town. I don't envisage my lot doing small, north west League One sides as proud in the extremely unlikely event we'd have got to a similar stage in the competition.

Comment

Ah, but you've won it...

Comment

True, and if time travel was ever possible I've always thought that I'd like to go back to cup final day 1903 and be part of the scrum outside the White Lion, listening to the telegraph receiver relaying the latest score ("Six nil? That can't be right!") rather than at the game itself.

It's unlikely we'll ever reach the 5th round again though, never mind put in a performance like that. In my 29 years of support, the furthest I've ever seen Bury get is the fourth round on two occasions, when we whimpered out to second-tier opposition in both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
            More predictions:

Chelsea to beat Spurs in the first semi.
            Man City to beat Man Utd in the second.
            How's that accumulator shaping up?

Comment

It's fucked, thanks

Comment

I give Wigan a 1/1,000,000 chance of beating Man City.
                Well this should settle the debate if ever my ability to predict footballing outcomes is raised.

Comment

It's fucked, thanks
                  Ha ha - and I hadn't even spotted that last post.

Predicting the FA Cup is a mug's game. Watching it can be a lot of fun, however...

Comment

That was enjoyable. First bit of football I've watched for bloody ages.

Comment

Wigan have a midfielder called Max Power. No wonder they won.

Comment

Power didn't do City much good in the 1981 final, either.

Comment

Oh, and Wembley is shit.

Comment

Nah, fuck Wigan. Fuck Manchester City.

Fuck 'em both equally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                              Power didn't do City much good in the 1981 final, either.
                              Piss Power

Comment

That foot race to the ball between Grigg and #overrated fullback - marvellous stuff.

And great understated goal celebration too; just a wonderful sixty seconds.

Comment

Bloody pie eaters stealing our thunder! Brilliant stuff though, even if the result was more exciting than the game itself.

Comment

“Shit me, this is awful”.

And that, thus far, has been Mrs HORN’s take on the Swans v Sheff Wed game.

Comment

Dyer

Comment

Quarter finals weekend

Swans Spurs underway

New rules - these ties no longer have replays, extra time and pens if needed, with a 4th substitute allowed in extra time if you've got a Tim Krul on the bench.

Comment

It looks like the tv companies are a bit more in bed with the VAR guys.

Comment

Well, in many ways the TV companies ARE the VAR guys.

They are the source of all of the images and take full advantage of the abundant content the system provides.

I'm also certain that they are evaluating the viability of sponsored VAR reviews and/or the insertion of adverts during that time.

Comment

The scrapping of QF replays may perhaps trace back to a few seasons ago when IIRC Man U and Chelsea had to play on a Monday and there was all kinds of kerfuffle. Ironically none of this weekend's last 8 are still in Europe.

It really only affects sides who can realistically qualify for Europe so again the FA Cup is being devalued for the European needs of an elite.

Comment

Can I just mention what I've been saying for a long time, that without undervaluing Kane in any way, Spurs would find Eriksen far harder to replace.

Feeling a bit sorry for Swansea now.

Comment

I've been pleased with how we manage without Kane during his annual absences - but Swansea wouldn't have tested Jossie's Giants, tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                    I've been pleased with how we manage without Kane during his annual absences - but Swansea wouldn't have tested Jossie's Giants, tbh...
                                                    Yeah, but Jossie's Giants were the DBs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X