FA Cup 2017/18 - California Dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
    Nice to see FC Romania actually consist of ex-pat Romanians.

What is the entry criteria for the extra-preliminary round?
    Not sure of exact criteria but it's generally all of Step 5 plus some good sides in Step 6 (those with a ppg of 1.75 and over) that have floodlights.

Deportivo Galicia are another ex-pat club who have just joined the pyramid, they play in Bedfont near Heathrow and are in the Combined Counties Div 1.

Comment

I'm sure it's an ancient joke in those parts, but it's nice to discover that Grimsby has a football club after all - Borough.

Comment

Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
        Not sure of exact criteria but it's generally all of Step 5 plus some good sides in Step 6 (those with a ppg of 1.75 and over) that have floodlights.

Deportivo Galicia are another ex-pat club who have just joined the pyramid, they play in Bedfont near Heathrow and are in the Combined Counties Div 1.
        You're going to have to be more specific there, Mirko - Bedfont Sports near Heathrow or Bedfont & Feltham near Heathrow? Otherwise people might make a trip to completely the wrong ground and have a wasted journey ;

I couldn't help agreeing with the tweet I saw when the CCL fixtures came out which said "If you are going to watch one game next season, let it be FC Deportivo Galicia vs Eversely & California in the Combined Counties League!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          Just realised I can do an Extra-Preliminary Round fixture too if there is one within striking distance of the Olympic Stadium where I'll be for the World Athletics Championships that evening. I wish The Real FA Cup site still did that map of fixtures but I'm sure I'll be able work out the nearest one before then.
          Hackney Wick (at Clapton's ground) or Redbridge (next to Barkingside tube station) are probably your best bey RDG.

I'll be at Rovers opening day fixture on extra-preliminary round day, so hoping for a London ground clash pushing a game to the Friday or Sunday. Ilford or Barkingside looks like my best bet - unless one of them have moved on again. Or Sutton Common Rovers.

Comment

Originally posted by mirko bolesan View Post
            FA Cup entry requirements...
            - Clubs in The FA Premier League, The Football League and in Steps 1, 2, 3 & 4 of the English Pyramid.
            - Clubs in Step 5 of the English Pyramid.
            - Clubs relegated to Step 6 of the English Pyramid.
            - Clubs in Step 6 of the English Pyramid finishing in a League position 1-4 of the preceding season.

Clubs to be accepted subject to available places and subject to the ground conforming to the minimum standard:-

- Clubs playing in Step 6 of the English Pyramid finishing in a League position below 4 of the preceding season.

New entries

- Clubs must have participated in F.A. Trophy or F.A. Vase the previous season.

So those in the extra-preliminary round are the 370 lowest ranked of those that fit the above criteria.

Comment

I couldn't help agreeing with the tweet I saw when the CCL fixtures came out which said "If you are going to watch one game next season, let it be FC Deportivo Galicia vs Eversely & California in the Combined Counties League!"
              FCDG must've been promoted; I saw them win at Cricklewood Wanderers last season in the Middlesex Premier.

Comment

Yeah, as Mirko said above they're now in the CCL D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                  Hackney Wick (at Clapton's ground) or Redbridge (next to Barkingside tube station) are probably your best bey RDG.
                  Hackney Wick stood out for me though I would have preferred a new ground as I've been to the Old Spotted Dog quite a lot. Mid you, do we know they or anyone will be playing at the OSD next season given the issues with Clapton at the moment, or are they resolved?
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 11-07-2017, 10:57.

Comment

Wembley are on their way to Wembley!

Parochially, a great day for Berkhamsted - their 12-1 away win over Stotfold apparently the fourth biggest in any round of the FA Cup this century.

Comment

Worcester City's revival begins with a 1-0 win at Daventry Town. The homesters started brightly but fell behind after half an hour, at which point a prominent OTF-er was seen huddling under his overcoat in the Meccano Stand, claiming it was "too cold". Worcester player-supremo Hughesy was denied by two marginal offside decisions in the second half

Comment

Hackney Wick stood out for me though I would have preferred a new ground as I've been to the Old Spotted Dog quite a lot. Mid you, do we know they or anyone will be playing at the OSD next season given the issues with Clapton at the moment, or are they resolved?
                        Games will be played there until Real Clapton can prove in the courts they shouldn't be played there due to numerous issues, biggest one being that the ground isn't insured for public events whilst in the hands of receivers.

In the meantime, Real Clapton and the Ultras are boycotting all home games until Clapton are rid of Vince McBean, who is the main debtor (£200k) and is determined to see the club sound up and its asserts given to him to settle a debt that he has invented. I'm not 100% sure on the position re. Hackney Wick, but the general view is that all possible income streams for McBean must be cut off, and Hackney Wick are one of them.

Comment

In the next round, I will be cheering afar for Sheffield, whose FA Cup debut was 30.10.1873, and Emley, who are rising back up the pyramid after the original club was franchised to Wakefield.

Bishop Auckland have a home draw but must survive a replay first.

Most of the level 9 v 10 games were won by the 9 side but there were some exceptions.

Comment

Just discovered that the BBC are streaming a live game from every qualifying round on their Sport Website. Last Saturday it was Litherland Remyca V AFC Liverpool.

Comment

The fall of Histon has been mentioned on the step 5 and below thread ("Local football"), but if you remember Histon knocking Leeds out of the FA Cup in 2008, you might be surprised by this:

https://twitter.com/HistonFC/status/893862484121182208
                              Last edited by Kevin S; 07-08-2017, 09:08.

Comment

Northampton ON Chenecks will play Holbeach United in the next round who won away at Ely; that's two matches with UCL sides winning away at ECL sides, something of a recent theme I think.

edited - see below.
                                Last edited by Kevin S; 07-08-2017, 11:06.

Comment

After looking them up to work out what the hell their name's about, I must insist that the ON is always capitalised.

Not that it makes any more sense really when you do, granted. In fact, henceforth we should refer to them in full as Northampton Old Northamptonian Chenecks F.C. which is almost as good as the 'Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles' t shirts I saw at a store in Dodger stadium last week.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-08-2017, 13:45.

Comment

Ha, thanks Ray. Perhaps Histon really didn't do any homework at all on their opponents, then.

Comment

I misread that as Northampton ON Chetniks.

Comment

Me too

Curious badge

Comment

Hope to see Kings Lynn's fine early season form continue with a win over Coleshill Town this weekend. I guess this doesn't get exciting until the last Qual Round and we get to see which Step 100 team is left in....

Comment

Good day for the NCEL in the first qualifying round; four teams progressing and another facing a home replay. Stand out results were Handsworth Parramore winning at Skem and Penistone Church beating Whitby Town 3-2 in the biggest game they'd ever hosted. Whitby are two divisions higher and had a man advantage for 75 minutes too. Penistone were playing county football as recently as 2014 and now could be drawn against Stockport or York in the next round.

Comment

Having seen off Brimscombe & Thrupp in the preliminary round, H&Y drew 3-3 at Maldon & Tiptree yesterday. Only additional information so far reveals that the second half was 'mental'. Replay on Tuesday...

Comment

Cup fever in Shrewsbury already as Haughmond (named after a near by hill) beat Matlock Town 3-2. Haughmond play at step 9.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/haughmondfootballclub/

I don't think two teams from Shrewsbury have ever competed in the FA Cup in the same season. Haughmond's run is remarkable considering they were a parks team until a few years ago. I used play against them in the 80s.

I was going to go to this, but the sun shone, so I went to the cost instead.

Maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon next round.

Comment

Draw for the Second Qualifying Round. Saturday 16th September.

1 Salford City v York City
                                                  2 Darlington v South Shields
                                                  3 Southport v Bradford (Park Avenue)
                                                  4 Ossett Town v Atherton Collieries
                                                  5 Newcastle Benfield v Ashton United
                                                  6 Warrington Town v Hyde United
                                                  7 Harrogate Town v Penistone Church
                                                  8 Spennymoor Town v Gainsborough Trinity
                                                  9 Handsworth Parramore v FC United Of Manchester
                                                  10 Albion Sports v Ashton Athletic
                                                  11 Shildon v Abbey Hey or Altrincham
                                                  12 Scarborough Athletic v Sunderland RCA or Liversedge
                                                  13 Blyth Spartans v Shaw Lane Association
                                                  14 Mossley or 1874 Northwich v North Ferriby United
                                                  15 Stockport County v Curzon Ashton
                                                  16 Stalybridge Celtic v Chorley
                                                  17 Lancaster City v Droylsden
                                                  18 Stafford Rangers v Tamworth
                                                  19 Boston United v Haughmond
                                                  20 Shepshed Dynamo v Nantwich Town
                                                  21 Deeping Rangers v Kidderminster Harriers
                                                  22 AFC Mansfield v Rushall Olympic
                                                  23 Kempston Rovers v Hereford
                                                  24 Stratford Town v Redditch United
                                                  25 AFC Telford United v Barwell
                                                  26 Nuneaton Town v King’s Lynn Town
                                                  27 Kettering Town v Kidsgrove Athletic
                                                  28 Basford United v Mickleover Sports
                                                  29 Alfreton Town v AFC Rushden & Diamonds
                                                  30 Soham Town Rangers or Westfields v Leamington
                                                  31 Grantham Town v Alvechurch
                                                  32 Buxton v Chasetown
                                                  33 Stourbridge v St Ives Town
                                                  34 Dereham Town v Boston Town
                                                  35 Leiston v Crowborough Athletic
                                                  36 Concord Rangers v Haywards Heath Town or Tunbridge Wells
                                                  37 Braintree Town v Royston Town
                                                  38 AFC Sudbury or Mildenhall Town v Littlehampton Town or Chipstead
                                                  39 North Leigh or Biggleswade Town v East Thurrock United
                                                  40 St Albans City v Cambridge City
                                                  41 Horsham v Herne Bay
                                                  42 Hemel Hempstead Town v Hendon or Wingate & Finchley
                                                  43 Lowestoft Town v Thurrock or Harlow Town
                                                  44 Metropolitan Police v Heybridge Swifts
                                                  45 Chelmsford City v Ramsgate or Egham Town
                                                  46 Ware v Leatherhead
                                                  47 Kings Langley v Margate
                                                  48 Thamesmead Town v Billericary Town
                                                  49 Baldock Town v Aylesbury United
                                                  50 Hertford Town or Grays Athletic v AFC Hornchurch
                                                  51 Glebe v Phoenix Sports
                                                  52 FC Romania v Maldon & Tiptree or Hayes & Yeading United
                                                  53 Kingstonian v Brackley Town
                                                  54 Eastbourne Borough v Carshalton Athletic
                                                  55 Folkestone Invicta v Tooting & Mitcham United
                                                  56 Cheshunt v Dorking Wanderers
                                                  57 Wealdstone v Faversham Town
                                                  58 Colney Heath v Burgess Hill Town
                                                  59 Welling United v Haringey Borough or Hitchin Town
                                                  60 Dartford v Barking
                                                  61 Hampton & Richmond Borough v Potters Bar Town
                                                  62 Whitehawk v Oxford City
                                                  63 Marlow v Ashford Town (Middx)
                                                  64 Needham Market v Chesham United
                                                  65 Slough Town v Dulwich Hamlet
                                                  66 Hanwell Town v Enfield Town
                                                  67 Havant & Waterlooville v Merthyr Town
                                                  68 Bodmin Town v Bideford
                                                  69 Bridport v Cadbury Heath
                                                  70 Gosport Borough v Swindon Supermarine
                                                  71 Bognor Regis Town v Weston Super Mare
                                                  72 Cinderford Town v Basingstoke Town or Hartley Wintney
                                                  73 Tavistock or Taunton Town v Frome Town
                                                  74 Weymouth v Chippenham Town
                                                  75 Banbury United v Thatcham Town
                                                  76 Bath City v Knaphill
                                                  77 Truro City v AFC Portchester
                                                  78 Salisbury v Poole Town
                                                  79 Paulton Rovers v Kidlington
                                                  80 Gloucester City v Hungerford Town

Comment

Some variation for Royston, whose Q1 win over Dunstable came seven days on from a Southern Premier Division 1-1 draw against Dunstable, both matches at Garden Walk. I wonder if they have ever played Braintree before?

One of Royston's scorers against Dunstable was (Jack) Vasey. That might get some attention if the Crows get further into the competition.
                                                    Last edited by Janik; 04-09-2017, 14:12.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X