Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Yer Da owns a football club (thinly-veiled Glenn Tamplin Unappreciation thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamplin's Twerps one point ahead with one game in hand... I reckon a strong run-in by Dulwich can win it though. Hamlet have problems of their own mind, and would they even be allowed promotion to the conference south if the ground situation is still highly uncertain?

Comment

Billericay promoted this evening with a 2-0 win at home against Harlow Town. As someone who has been following local football for over 25 years I am very pleased for them, despite Glen Tamplin and his money. I only hope this is sustainable and they don't end up as another Rushden.....

Comment

Glenn Tamplin has put Billericay Town up for sale stating "I can't take any more"

Billericay Town club statment:

https://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk/club-statement/

But the club website has been overwhelmed so probably better to use the local Echo News website:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/166...-take-anymore/

We all knew it would end in tears, but not this quickly! I suspect he has run out of money and that his steel business isn't quite as stainless as he made it out to be.

Edit: Try the Billericay Town twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/BTFC?ref_src=tws...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
        Last edited by Paul S; 02-09-2018, 19:56.

Comment

The National League’s social media platforms had a post match interview with Tamplin where he was allegedly very obviously coked up (edit: ah, now I’ve been able to open the link I see it’s referred to). It’s now been taken down/replaced by a heavily edited version.

I’d love to believe the prat is out of that club and football altogether but don’t believe for one moment that’s actually the case.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-09-2018, 20:26.

Comment

I think this is an edited version of the interview :

https://twitter.com/applebamos/status/1036339663169118209?s=21

Comment

There is also a - now deleted - audio of Glen Tamplin on twitter talking to Essex Police about allegations of him snorting cocaine and his fitness to drive.

Disgusting.

Comment

The audio’s still up, on the club’s official twitter feed ferchrissake! :

https://twitter.com/btfc/status/1036343130482790400?s=21

Comment

"My daughter has to hear about me taking cocaine"....from her father as the copper never mentioned it.

Comment

"This aint a joke. This is a joke."

Comment

Who is the 'Da' mentioned in the title? Is/was Tamplin's son playing for Billericay?

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                        Who is the 'Da' mentioned in the title? Is/was Tamplin's son playing for Billericay?
                        Tamplin is the son of Victor Gladwish.

Comment

Don't really know anything about him. What club did/does he own?

Comment

“Yer Da”

Though I’m not sure how apt it is for this thread, truth be told.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                              Don't really know anything about him. What club did/does he own?
                              Wasn't he the bloke who tried to buy seemingly every non-league club about 15 years ago? Gladwish, that is.

Comment

Almost.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/101...-glad-all-over.

Comment

Ah, the days when WSC did a monthly round-up.

Comment

Yeah I got the "Yer Da" reference - not yer Da, you understand (although I do know some stories) - just didn't know who his dad was and, as you say, the particular phrase doesn't seem to be particularly relevant.

Comment

Every time I see this at the top of the list I start to panic that Tamplin has changed his mind and decided to carry on.!

Comment

Mr Motivator back in the Billericay dugout today. What a trooper!

Comment

Rumours of unpaid wages at Billericay as players have started leaving. Also this will be happening today:

Chairman, Dan Grove, will be our half time guest tomorrow and will clarify the situation regarding departures from the club, restructuring, and the long term future of the club.
                                          https://twitter.com/btfcliveradio/st...51721999683586

Tamplin bailed already I wonder?

Comment

Not prepared to, ah, front up?

Comment

According to reports in the NLP and elsewhere Clowntime Is Over for Tamps. http://mattleejournalism.uk/2018/12/...pares-to-sell/

Comment

That report states that Tamplin is "withdrawing his monetary support" but much social media chatter refers to it running out altogether. The 22k running cost is, of course, per week, which in contrast to some clubs at that level would be their monthly wage bill.

Comment

Bloody hell, more like our season's.

They are at our place on Tuesday so should be interesting. I was quite looking forward to barracking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                                    That report states that Tamplin is "withdrawing his monetary support" but much social media chatter refers to it running out altogether. The 22k running cost is, of course, per week, which in contrast to some clubs at that level would be their monthly wage bill.
                                                    Blimey - that would pay for as many as five players to drop out of the Scottish Premier League and play for Salford City.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X