No announcement yet.

Into the Lion's Den D2 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brentford have big problems breaking down teams that park the bus. Worst performance since Burton did the same. Barnsley time-wasted from the first minute but eventually realised in the second half that Brentford were so inept they could actually win it. In the end they probably deserved the draw.

Comment

Finally won an away match, at the same place we won the last one eleven months ago. We didn't play well but Brum really are woeful, rudderless, passionless, and fully deserving of their league position. Next week high-flying Bristol City at LR, that'll be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
        Brentford have big problems breaking down teams that park the bus. Worst performance since Burton did the same. Barnsley time-wasted from the first minute but eventually realised in the second half that Brentford were so inept they could actually win it. In the end they probably deserved the draw.
        It was Barnsley's first point in six games, just to rub it in.

Comment

I usually admire the way Barnsley play but yesterday they were awful. With their recent record I guess they were desperate and knew that those were the most effective tactics against Brentford.

Comment

Listening to Norwich v Barnsley. Sounds like a complete shitshow, and we're 0-2 down...

Comment

It's Brentford

Comment

Brentford are tearing us to bits. Angus Gunn has kept the score down.

Comment

Excellent first half performance by Brentford and Sawyers’ pass for Vibe’s second was a thing of beauty. Second half not so good as they they didn’t pass the ball as well and tried to soak up pressure but Norwich lacked conviction. I’m telling myself it’s a sign of progress that we only conceded once in added time.

The Norwich crowd seems to have turned. Our attempts at abusive chants - ‘You’re fucking shit’ and ‘ You should have gone Christmas shopping’ - were enthusiastically taken up and repeated by them.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    It's Brentford
                    D'oh.

Comment

The Norwich crowd seems to have turned. Our attempts at abusive chants - ‘You’re fucking shit’ and ‘ You should have gone Christmas shopping’ - were enthusiastically taken up and repeated by them.
                      Yeah, a lot of anger directed at the board again, and to be fair we've seemed directionless since McNally left. The board does seem a bit odd with Stephen Fry, Ed Balls and Delia. Doesn't really shout "professional football club" somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                        Yeah, a lot of anger directed at the board again, and to be fair we've seemed directionless since McNally left. The board does seem a bit odd with Stephen Fry, Ed Balls and Delia. Doesn't really shout "professional football club" somehow...

McNally was instrumental when he first came in but had run his course by the time of his bizarre resignation*. He ultimately made some poor decisions regarding the recruitment structure that have only been rectified of late.

The big loss for me was the chairman Alan Bowkett who resigned two years ago, very suddenly and with no explanation. He came in with McNally initially in 2009 and helped steady the ship in terms of the club's debt. Ed Balls (Delia's buddy) has replaced him since.

Balls is a total fucking media clown. He pocketed £90k during a three month stint as CEO when McNally left, and was largely responsible for Jez Moxey's short reign as CEO which cost the club another £750k. Our decline is not all down to him, but he's been very much involved.

Fry left the board a while ago, but was another of Delia' s mates in tow. Nobody ever really knew why he was there or what he brought to the club (apart from countless and irritating Twitter messages).

* McNally's resignation was bizarre in that he resigned on Twitter, then 'unresigned' shortly after. Then after a period of silence from the club, finally left for good, with (revealed later) a healthy £1.4m pay off.
                        Last edited by Arturo; 23-12-2017, 17:59.

Comment

Wednesday now have 7 wins in the last 28 games in all competitions, 3 in the last 16, none in the last seven. Carvalhal's response to BBC Radio Sheffield?

"...really I don’t think it’s my fault that we are not winning games"

Comment

Cardiff lost in the 89th minute. That's 3 defeats in a row. My season ticket holding friend reckons it's just a blip due to injuries. But it might be teams working out Warnock's weaknesses.

Comment

Don't worry. You're at Loftus Road on Monday, we'll be most welcoming as these days we can't buy a goal from anywhere.

Comment

Another superb Brentford display. Could have had 5 or 6. Wednesday were poor. I haven’t seen a worse footballer than Nuhiu this season. And I haven’t seen a better performance than Romaine Sawyers’ for Brentford. Next up Wolves away.

Only problem is that after watching that, their fans will join Villa’s in wanting Dean Smith as manager.

Comment

Brentford on a roll, definitely playoff contenders. Villa win first game in six, Bruce responds by hoping it will shut the fans up. Fuck off you fat headed boring cunt and I'll be there on Monday tell you in person.

Comment

Another superb Brentford display. Could have had 5 or 6. Wednesday were poor.
                                    That's very much what it sounded like on the radio, not helped by Carvalhal bloody well winning with Swansea and more goals from Sam Winnall.

Apparently Claudio Ranieri was at Griffin Park today. Can't imagine he plans to buy any of our players, although maybe he'll offer 50p for Ross Wallace.

Comment

Miserable loss at Millwall last night. Freeman aside we're devoid of any creativity going forward and Holloway's substitutions get more deranged by the week. I know we're poor, and will be for some time, but last night in the second half it seemed that the spirit just drained right out of us.

Comment

So that's 0-0 v Burton Albion for the second time this season. Comments from supporters of both sides suggest it was one of the poorest games of football seen in some considerable time.

The fact that we couldn't score against a side who had not kept a clean sheet at home for nine months and lost their last eight games at the Pirelli is a tad concerning. However, the ludicrous decision to rest six of the team that won at Birmingham sums up the bizarre nature of Daniel Farke's season, and was a tad disrespectful to the home side as well.

That aside, good to see Wes Hoolahan berating team mate (and hopeless summer signing) James Husband for diving when he had a chance to score. Husband was booked for the fall too.

Comment

Sheffield Wednesday have just appointed Katrin Meire, late of Charlton Athletic as their new CEO.

Astonishing.

Comment

Oh dear

Comment

There's a reason I've been banging on repeatedly on this thread about the incompetent way Wednesday are being run, and this is the most terrifying decision by far. They do need a voice with football experience in the boardroom - but seriously, why Meire? What on earth did Dejphon Chansiri see in her given her experiences at Charlton? It's quite clear the clown who runs the club doesn't give a flying fuck about the fans, see the loss of stripes, the badge change, the massive whacking up of ticket prices, now he seems unaware of (or worse, welcoming) the potential for Meire to actively alienate the fanbase.

We've got a mass of injuries at the moment, that happens, but at the end of last season the entire medical team was sacked and a bunch of Carvalhal's mates brought in instead. We've had loads more injuries this season, many of them muscular. Word is that many of the players don't trust the medical team and are getting treatment elsewhere. Forestieri has been in Italy pretty much continually for his recovery.

We still don't know who recruits our players - possibly Doyen Sports who sell us their clients. The chairman doesn't like selling players "because they're part of the family" or something similarly nebulous so we've got an ageing bloated squad on long contracts with several players simply picking up their wage. This also seems a very limited strategy - who would want to join us if we potentially wouldn't sell them upwards?

We mutually consented with Carvalhal on Christmas Eve and still don't have anyone in line for a new manager, we're been linked with ridiculous names like Pablo Fonseca and Andre Villas Boas (admittedly the latter was in the S*n so they probably just made it up), we've got some very difficult fixtures coming up and there's a transfer window open. Caretaker boss Lee Bullen (who cares about the club and gets it) said "we need to appoint a new coach" in the post match interviews today, which indicates no appointment is imminent. Bear in mind Middlesbrough sacked Monk at the same time, had Pulis in straight away and won at Preston today.

Because the chairman makes every single fucking decision it means the club barely functions as an entity, we charge these massive prices and the club is run worse than before Chansiri took over and it was hardly an organisation of shining brilliance and wonder under Mandaric. Interested to see what he tries to charge for season tickets when they go on sale in the next few weeks, in the last couple of years he's got away with price rises because there was the potential of Premier League football. There's no chance of that happening this time.

We are going to get relegated this season or next. There are going to be protests. Which I'm quite looking forward to participating in given that Chansiri priced me out of regular attendance back in 2015.

Comment

Important win for Barnsley at Sunderland, which Coleman conceded was earned on merit.

Comment

Sunderland were absolutely awful again today, just like they were earlier in the season at Oakwell.

They had nothing up front, nothing in midfield and looked slow in defence. How they are not cut adrift at the bottom is beyond me.

We had so much time and space today that we should have had five. (Not that we created anywhere near five chances, but that's down to our shortcomings.)

Comment

Villa played some good football at times today. I have had to pull the car over, I am stunned.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X