Into the Lion's Den D2 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I’ve heard rumours (because I started them) that Hull’s capitulation yesterday was the result of a deal between fellow despots Allam and Tan for them to throw the game.
    Both come from backgrounds where corruption is a vital business tool, so it would not surprise me in the slightest.

There's a rumour around here (not started by me) that Allam Sr has disowned the stupid boy. Hmmmm.

Comment

Brentford chose the Barnsley game for their worst performance of the season, never recovering from the freak opening goal. Barnsley were very good value for the win. I shall be rooting for them to beat Derby along with whatever improbable combination of results is necessary to get Birmingham relegated.

I take consolation from the fact that Brentford have secured their fourth successive season amongst the elite top 30 English clubs.

Comment

Based on recent performances it sounds like Reading are the most deserving relegation candidates

Comment

Despite reaching the play-off final, all the stats (apart from the number of points gained) showed that Reading were pretty awful last season as well. This year represents a regression to the mean.

They are worthy relegation candidates but Birmingham, as a club, deserve it more.

Comment

I'm with cantagalo on wishing Birmingham an ignominious relegation

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
              They are worthy relegation candidates but Birmingham, as a club, deserve it more.
              Agreed

Comment

Brum were utter cack at Loftus Road Saturday. Seven of our starting eleven were under twenty-three, and only two had any sort of league experience. Yes they played well, which is very encouraging. But my lord for an experienced and expensive team playing for their Championship survival, Birmingham looked utterly disinterested. Fulham will tear them to shreds at St Andrews on Sunday if they play this way. If Burton and Barnsley weren't also up against teams with something to play for, I'd say they're deservedly doomed.
                Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 30-04-2018, 16:50.

Comment

It's Sunday, isn't it?

Comment

Yup, forgot. Edited

Comment

*sniff*
                      https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/st...29426988113922
                      https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/991029426988113922

Comment

Cameron Jerome continues his Messiesque form to put Derby one up.

Though I'm more concerned that Burton survive as they are, in my opinion, how a football club should be run.

Comment

I would agree with that if I were a neutral, but as a Barnsley fan, I am hoping that Preston are sufficiently motivated to hold on to their 1-0 lead, which would keep us up even if Bolton get a draw v Forest.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-05-2018, 12:05.

Comment

My ideal scenario would see Paul Clement relegated.

As it stands it's like this:

All the best today anyway Satchmo.

Comment

My ideal trio to go down from the current bottom 8 would be Sunderland, Bolton and Birmingham but it looks like Burton and/or Barnsley and/or Reading will keep Birmingham up.

Comment

My Clement dislike is personal, I know the ins and outs of how Derby sacked my old goalkeeping coach and friend Eric Steele and it doesn't say much for the integrity of Clement, Rush and Mel Morris. Compounded when they terminated the contract of his wife.

Comment

Fair enough. Reading's goal difference gives them an extra point, unfortunately, and you'd need Barnsley and Burton to both win.

Comment

Yeah, it will not happen.

Rather liked this on the BBC live scores thingy.

Comment

BBC person watching a delayed feed?

Comment

Birmingham vs Fulham is a cracker so far. It's not too late for Birmingham, unlike (probably) for WBA, but their fans might have the same questions as ours about where they might have been if the current coach had come in a bit earlier. I'm probably alone in wishing all four of the 'B clubs' - Birmingham, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton - could stay up. Would much rather it was Cardiff, Millwall and Leeds battling it out to save their skins, with Wolves already long doomed.

Comment

Preston down to 10 men now.

Comment

Vydra makes it 2-0.

Both Jerome and Vydra have come in for massive criticism from me both for performances and cost.

I know nothing.

Comment

Our morons singing the factually incorrect 'going down' to the Barnsley fans.

Not in my name etc.

Comment

Burton have just equalised.

Comment

Can Stoke handle a Tuesday night at Burton?

Comment

Forest losing to Bolton now, so Stoke wont have to find out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X