• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    Great name from the scorer there
    Like the manager he's Indonesian Dutch

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      We do have forwards on the bench so I assume tactics. We seem to be playing 3-7-0. Unsurprisingly a lot of possession and no shots
      I've seen 4-6-0 but never 3 at the back.

Comment

Great goal too. Long range obviously as we have no one in the box

Comment

And there's the equaliser.

Sunderland in League One is looking increasingly nailed on.

Comment

Brentford are destroying Brum: 5-0 now.

Comment

Look, I know I never go to midweek games any more, so it would be a lie to blame my current situation for missing the game tonight, but against old rivals, and three ex players, one of whom (the opposition captain) said some rather unwise things about the relative size of the two teams, and it's five nil, and we're closer to the playoffs and they're closer to relegation, and ... ooooooohhh!!!

Can't wait for Cantagalo to get here

Comment

Barnsley and Sunderland both have 1 point from their last 6 games now. Fucked.

Comment

I hope the money was good, because Chris Coleman is making everybody forget what he achieved with Wales. There's a lot of things at Sunderland he can use as legitimate excuses, but he's relying on any future chairmen thinking this shocking run is nothing to do with him. He's certainly doing his best to sell that line in the press, but it must also be on him.

Comment

Overseeing Sunderland's demotion isn't unexpected given his club career.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                      Norwich though once again struggling to break teams down and that's been the story of the season despite the impressive performances from Maddison. Ipswich actually kept him pretty quiet, albeit at the cost of some yellow cards. I wasn't very impressed with Oliveira; he didn't seem to be linking up particularly well, or providing much of a threat. And the 16th minute applause (denoting the number of years Ipswich have stayed in the Championship) was embarrassing. Considering Norwich have been promoted three times since then, we don't have a lot to show for it. No Cups won, no European football, and only 45 points - the same as Town. (The academy, however, is one area where we do seem to have spent the money well.)

It's looking like the sixth placed team this season could be on 76 points. To get to 77 points, Norwich or Ipswich (or Leeds) need 32 points from the last 12 games. Ten wins and two draws. I think we can say that's game over for this season. Too many other teams to overhaul. It's even looking a tall order for Middlesbrough to be honest.
                      I'm a bit late on this one, but broadly agree with the points above. I think Farke has done a fine job with the defence, but it is scary to think how many times Maddison has bailed us out. We would be a lot lower in the table without him although we have kept enough clean sheets to avoid any relegation battles.

Oliveira is not a player you can build a team around. Tremendously skilful but disappears from games too often and prone to major sulks (plus very rarely scores anyway). It hasn't helped that we've muddled through the season with just two strikers and shown no urgency to address the issue. Fortunately, as stated above, we do seem to be taking advantage of the academy.

The 16th minute applause thing is pathetic. Probably instigated by the sort of people who think the derby is the only thing that matters in the season, and only refer to the opposition as "scum".

Comment

Well, that was fun.

There’s a real animosity towards Birmingham dating back to the 90s which was only intensified by the sale of the Brentford 3 in August, so I found such a comprehensive humiliation for our first home win over them since 1954 quite cathartic. The main target was the hapless Harlee ‘our squad is 10 times better than Brentford’s’ Dean.

Cotterill will point to individual mistakes, two of them by keeper Stockdale, but Brentford had 28 shots and as usual missed several sitters. It really could have been double figures. Jota came on at half-time but cut a forlorn figure and barely touched the ball. I suppose 40k a week is some consolation but I did feel sorry for him. Cheikh Ndoye is one of the worst players I’ve seen at this level. Birmingham fans engaged in some gallows humour and called for Cotterill’s head but, useless as he is, their problems run a lot deeper than him.

Another magical night under the lights at Griffin Park. It’s a sobering thought that there could be as few as 8 home evening games left before we move to the new stadium.

Comment

Having seen Birmingham the week before I wholeheartedly agree regarding Ndoye. He's one of the worst players I've ever seen, a real donkey. Go and watch him while you can, he surely won't be playing professional football much longer.

Dean is just an utter twat.

Comment

If Birmingham stay up it will be a real pity. After the total pig's ear the owners have made over the past couple of seasons they deserve a couple of years in Div 3.

Comment

Last gasp equaliser, you say?

Comment

Oliveira of all people from 30 yards. Fucking hell..

Comment

Ruddy hell.

I suppose he was always prone to a few of these a season.

https://twitter.com/BigGrantHolt/status/966427600460615680

Comment

Norwich have a blue change kit?

Comment

Purple:
                                      https://twitter.com/BigGrantHolt/status/966424955704418304
                                      Last edited by Kevin S; 21-02-2018, 22:22.

Comment

I'm just about recovered from yesterday's finale. What price Norwich completing a trifecta of last-gasp equalisers next time out? Not sure how much more of this we can take.

Comment

Adkins, off the back of a solid display at Forest, then changes everything around in order to get Michael Dawson back in the side, and ensures an error riddled defeat at Boro. He then bangs on about possession stats. And then says that fans don't really have a right to protest tonight.

I hated him long before he came here. Nothing he's done has changed that opinion much.

Comment

Oh, and any Forest fans excited at the prospect of getting Dawson back next season, be afraid. Very afraid. He's done, good and proper.

Comment

We finally play well and run up against a referee who apparently is on the villa payroll, or at the very least is John Terry's best mate

Comment

Oh fuck off Robert Snodgrass.

Comment

Tactics, tactics, tactics. Where are they?

Forest have put nine goals past us this season. Forest. I mean really!

Problem is we we play every team the same way, irrespective of their strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes we eke out a win. Usually because, man-for-man, we're better than the other lot. Very occasionally we win against a better club, because they haven't prepared well. Generally this happens early in the season and they aren't fooled twice.

I don't know the answer but I do know it's not the players fault.

Comment

Fucking hell Wolves it's starting to look 2001-02 all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X