No announcement yet.

Into the Lion's Den D2 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasn't Forestieri got a reputation for being a self-centred PITA and happy to start an argument in an empty room?

Comment

Yeah, Forestieri is a mardy sod and the story's probably true. But there was no need for Carlos to throw him to the wolves and deflect from a poor result.

Comment

He wasn't thrown. He dived.

Comment

*applause*

Comment

I see Reading are already suffering an injury crisis. They culled a raft of academy products this summer which I found quite intriguing. Jack Stacey, Niall Keown, Dominic Samuel, Jake Cooper sold, Sean Long, Tarique Fosu, Aaron Kuhl and Craig Tanner all released, all between 23-21 and with some first-team experience (mostly during a 19th place season in 2014-15 and then not much else). Based on the game time they were getting probably right to move them on, mind.

(note: Other youngsters were also released this summer, but they hadn't played for the first-team)

Comment

Middlesbrough claim the first promotion place after signing Lewis Baker.

Comment

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.ph.../#post-1414674

Referring to the screen shot a few posts down - sorry for not posting the image directly onto here but I don't seem to have the technical skills to do it but I am interested in any opinions on this. This shot formed the basis of the analysis at the end of the coverage from The Riverside tonight. The opinion Sky pushed was that the goal was correctly given as offside (It would have been a 92nd minute equaliser) and the split screen picture clearly showed that it was offside. What is actually clear though from the split screen is that the 2 pictures are not synced. The picture that shows O'Connell as offside is an instant later than the shot showing the free kick being taken. You can see this from the position of various players but particularly the Boro defender at the back of the box. I'm not posting this as a hard luck story for the poor old Blades because on balance the better team won the match but I am intrigued as to why Sky would do this. Presumably, they knew the 2 pictures were not simultaneous, I genuinely can't believe it is just incompetence on their part so what is their motive in distorting the evidence to cover the mistake?

Comment

Yeah, the split screen thing is bizarre. On the shot where you can actually see the free kick being taken, you can just about see O'Connell's yellow boot behind Friend in what looks like an offside position, but then the mind boggles as to why Sky haven't used a still from the other camera at the exact same point in time so we can tell for sure, rather than trying to make it look more clear-cut than it is.

Comment

Definitely offside, though haven't looked at the picture yet.

No Forestieri for Wednesday today, he was subject to a "disciplinary issue" after a training ground kerfuffle. Get him sold.

Comment

Burton at Hull look like they've all dressed as goalkeepers.

Comment

We should probably have won today (never thought I'd say that a couple weeks ago.) If Onouha doesn't make his weekly rick, or Lua Lua knew how to kick a ball we would have. Still, a point at Hillsborough is never to be sneezed at. The end of last season we'd have folded like a pair of old underpants after conceding the equaliser. Positive sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                          Burton at Hull look like they've all dressed as goalkeepers.
                          As have Preston at Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                            Definitely offside, though haven't looked at the picture yet.

No Forestieri for Wednesday today, he was subject to a "disciplinary issue" after a training ground kerfuffle. Get him sold.
                            So if you haven't looked at the photo where is the evidence that it was definitely offside? It was definitely given as offside but my query is with what lies behind Sky's decision to fix the evidence to make it look as though the linesman got it right - normally they take delight in broadcasting the failings of officials in order to show themselves as the tech savvy future of football and the football authorities as bumbling fools, why take a different line on this occasion?

Comment

Evidence? It happened to Sheffield United so of course it was offside (is the point I think longeared was making).

Comment

Right - Estrella dulling senses

Comment

International breaks are normally football's coitus interruptus, but the next one brings a sigh of relief. It'll be no fun facing Warnock's Cardiff tomorrow with three first choice defenders out injured, another one fighting personal problems and fifth still learning everyone's name. Aside from our ever durable and much abused captain it's anyone's guess who Ian Holloway's going to pick, and in the end it probably won't make much difference. I expect it to get ugly early — numerically speaking. With luck we'll have a warm body or two back in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Josh Scowen is decent at full back. He played there when we dismantled Millwall in the play off final.

Comment

There's no guarantee he's fit either. The same tackle where Perch dislocated his own kneecap and injured a Hull player also left Scowen with a pulled hamstring.

Comment

Well, like looks like we can't defend. I think the international break is coming at a good time (or shall we just all start the season again?).

Comment

Grant Hanley won't help that defensive frailty in the slightest. Start praying he picks up an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                            (or shall we just all start the season again?).
                                            Is that an option? We're definitely in.

Comment

Scenes when Birmingham lose at home to PNE on 16th Sept (0-1, Hugill)

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                                                I see Reading are already suffering an injury crisis. They culled a raft of academy products this summer which I found quite intriguing. Jack Stacey, Niall Keown, Dominic Samuel, Jake Cooper sold, Sean Long, Tarique Fosu, Aaron Kuhl and Craig Tanner all released, all between 23-21 and with some first-team experience (mostly during a 19th place season in 2014-15 and then not much else). Based on the game time they were getting probably right to move them on, mind.

(note: Other youngsters were also released this summer, but they hadn't played for the first-team)
                                                None of those players seemed like a big loss, not because they weren't promising - although none of them made a strong case for regular selection - but a fair few of them were neat and tidy utility type academy graduates in various places on the pitch, and what the team badly need is a striker (better than Samuel) and maybe some gnarled, experienced, pragmatic steel in midfield.

Comment

Everyone in this division wants a striker. The only team that really has one (or two) at present seem to be Cardiff.

Comment

Ipswich seem to have found some strikers too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X