No announcement yet.

The Notorious BRC - Scottish Fitba 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly I think he’ll do a good job if he goes there.

Comment

So Derek McInnes isn't going to Rangers after all, which means Jack Ross isn't leaving St Mirren for Aberdeen and so on. I'm glad we got that sorted. Any other managers not going anywhere that we'd like to report on?

Comment

Apparently both boards agree that McInnes is not ready to take on the job what with it being concomitant with risk and all that.

Comment

Or Rangers board remains a bunch of jokers and both Aberdeen and McInnes walked away from a deal (for different reasons)? Did MicInnes pin down the great saviour King on transfer budgets and was given a figure no better than Morton? Was he told Graeme fucking Murty had to be his assistant?
          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 08-12-2017, 23:34.

Comment

Finally got the new Airdrie ground out the equation today.

Went over with a Roth Ravers ex-workmate.

It's fucking miles away from anything.

I'm on Warfarin, I've been to Gdansk in November when I wasn't. That was easily the coldest I've ever been at a game, there are times when even with an all-weather pitch you should just give up.

On the plus side I never have to go to Airdrie again.

Comment

Was it a bowfin game? Rovers look fair struggling these last few.
              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 11-12-2017, 00:12.

Comment

Wasn't a bad game Lang, my mate wasn't really having it because he's a thrawn Fifer but Raith looked the better side to me, shouldn't have been chasing a deserved point that late in it.

Comment

Morning all. Any word on McGinniesta's return?

Is Cumbernauld (Ice Station Broadwood) still the coldest on the Planet?

Comment

I'd make a case for Airdrie DG, Broadwood also has the benefit of not having Airdrie fans in it.

Comment

Peterhead. Fuck sake there is no respite for the wind in that godforsaken town. Probably massively untrue, but have heard stories that when the (thankfully shut) hellish slop out Victorian prison was built, they were confident they could leave the gates unlocked in winter, as the lags would freeze to death before they got half a mile from it.

Comment

Broadwood is the Bahamas compared to Gayfield Park in Arbroath: the latter is practically in the North Sea, and with terraces shallow enough that even if you're in one of the undercover bits the wind, rain and sea spray can still get you in the neck.

Haven't been posting much on this thread as my lot have been so thoroughly mince in 2017-18. Case in point - we had a 6-pointer at Rugby Park on Saturday; we lost it 5-1.

Comment

In the pre-season League Cup group stages, Thistle destroyed us at Firhill and looked really good (mind you, we were utter pish). After that game I wouldn't have foreseen you boys to be having such a torrid time. Dundee still look to be shit, but their recent win over Rangers was a kick in the baws you could have done without.

Comment

Update - that's two weekends in a row we've had 6 pointers to play, and have lost both by an aggregare score of 8-1.

We're going down; complacency and injuries have doomed us.

Comment

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear ...

Comment

Rodgers must go!

Comment

I suppose if you're going to lose your spectacular 52-yr unbeaten run, best to lose it in style.

Comment

Outstanding. How the fuck did a Levein team manage four goals? The dour fucker must have had a stroke before his team talk or something.

Comment

Craig Levein's not my lover

Comment

Off to Gayfield on Saturday, not normally a man for gloves and all that, think I’ll make an exception for this trip. mibees thermal socks as well.

Hope the pies are good, I guess it’s too much to hope they’d be selling smokies from a van at the ground.

Comment

I believe they had some steak and black pudding pie effort (or some such) when I was last there which was meant to be absolutely delicious. There was a van selling smokies about 15 minutes walk up the road as well. Arbroath is always a good day out...

Comment

There’s no way I can see my dad walking 15 minutes in the cauld just for the promise of some fish if he doesn’t have to. Those pies sound intriguing but. Tbh you can’t go too far wrong with a club pie on the east coast once you cross the Forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                              Off to Gayfield on Saturday, not normally a man for gloves and all that, think I’ll make an exception for this trip. mibees thermal socks as well.

Hope the pies are good, I guess it’s too much to hope they’d be selling smokies from a van at the ground.
                                              Gloves, hat, scarf and big coat. And mebbe a hot water bottle an' all.

I'm sure I've told the story on here before about the time we took my sister's American friend to see a game at Gayfield (he was over for a limited time, and most of the country's games were snowed off). We bought the poor frozen lad a Bovril at half-time, which he promptly poured on his feet to thaw them out.

Comment

I’m sure you’re joking about the hot water bottle blameless, but I’m already working out ways of sneaking it in without attracting my dad and aunts new husband’s derision. They’ve got more protective outer layers of fat, easy for them with a bit of scarf and bunnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                  There’s no way I can see my dad walking 15 minutes in the cauld just for the promise of some fish if he doesn’t have to. Those pies sound intriguing but. Tbh you can’t go too far wrong with a club pie on the east coast once you cross the Forth.
                                                  Worst pie I've ever had was at Links Park about 20 years ago and I've begrudged them it ever since. Lukewarm and horribly burnt on the bottom.

Comment

Are yis having old weather up there too?

Starting to think of the trip to Caley Thistle- should I pack thermals?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X