No announcement yet.

The Notorious BRC - Scottish Fitba 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't seem Cathro-minded. Application, effort and talent all lacking.

Comment

So, two LoI clubs will be involved in this year's Challenge Cup. Sligo should be OK, but unfortunately, if Bray do finish this season, it will be with an under-19 team.

Comment

Rangers struggling mightily in Luxembourg, on their way oot at the moment. 10 minutes or so to go.

Comment

Sweet Jesus. Taxi for Pedro.

Comment

Yet again, Scottish football disproves the lie that it is turgidly unentertaining. Thank you Sevco...

Comment

Back-to-back defeats for Rangers...
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40501361
              The question is, after this definitive ruling on EBT's, who will HMRC come after next?
              The use of EBT's wasn't just confined to the occupants of Govans' "big hoose", other SPFL, EPL & EFL clubs as well as rugby union and rugby league clubs will be anxiously looking towards the car park for the forseeable future.
              Last edited by The Red Max; 05-07-2017, 12:08.

Comment

In an ideal world this would also spell the end of those two spoofers Regan and Doncaster, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by shackleford View Post
                  BRC is WSC-speak for Big Red Club. The closest we have to one of those is my mob, but despite our clean sweep of second-place trophies (certificates?) last season we are a wee bit far away from being a global marketing behemoth in the mould of Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal..... so I'm struggling here.
                  Been away from the forum for a while but just in case anyone's still interested in the thread title, the BRC in this instance is "Brendan Rodgers' Celtic" who were notoriously difficult to beat last season (well, domestically they were). Fair play to Lincoln Red Imps for achieving something that no other Scottish club could.

I was just about to say that the new season will commence with the League Cup later today, when I've just seen that it actually started last night as Ayr beat Killie 1-0 at Somerset Park, thus preserving their impressive 24-year unbeaten run against their bitter rivals. Tremondous crowd of over 6,400 turned up. Is there enough interest in the other 15 ties to be played later today to cumulatively beat this figure?

Comment

Surely Rory McAllister should be on an SPL club's radar at this stage?

Comment

"Surely Rory McAllister should be on an SPL club's radar at this stage?"

He's an interesting character. There were several SPL and English teams interested in him just before he joined Peterhead in 2011 apparently so that he could complete his plumber apprenticeship instead of going full time football. He's 30 now and very happy at Peterheid, which is a bit of a rarity in itself, but still surprising that no one has prized him away.

Comment

I'm so football-starved that I listened to that Ayr-Killie match on the radio.

Comment

We won 2-0, 2 new scorers.
                          The negative element amongst the fans (I've joined a facebook group called Angry Arabs, that's my job away, then...) are rushing to find the dark side of every story- 'only 2500 there!' (there were nearer 4,000- not bad for summer fitba). And a derby game to look forward to.

Looking further on the bright side, Andy Robertson appears Anfield bound, so 15% of £whatever-million ought to save the overdraft for the season.

Comment

After Rangers' early Scexit, I'm hoping they or some daft English club throw silly money at Aberdeen for Kenny McLean, as Saints apparently get a sell-on fee. But knowing our crap negotiating skills, we'll probably get 0.0001%

Comment

80 fixtures in the League Cup to produce 12 qualifiers to join the four European giants. I suppose it's summer football by stealth, unless you're Rangers and could have played in these group games given your Luxemburg exit.

Comment

Getting one of my likely three or so Hearts games this season in early, heading up to Peterhead on Tuesday.

That gets me down to 5 grounds to complete the set and leaves Arbroath as the furthest north. Looking forward to it more than I should be.

Comment

The only upset from the latest League Cup ties this weekend was Clyde beating Dumbarton 2-1. Business as usual eleswhere with the Premiership clubs all comfortably winning, bar Hamilton who needed penalties to see off QoS. I tuned into the Thistle-St Mirren match, but turned it off and went to bed when we went 2-0 down midway through the 1st half. It was clear to see Thistle were utterly supierior all over the pitch and I wasn't surpised when I checked the score this morning to see we'd been right royally humped 5-0.

Maybe the players have started to believe the hype written about them after last season's great finish, and having also lost to nil on Tuesday night at home to Livingston, I'm hoping these bad performances will be the kick up the arse they need before the season proper starts. Otherwise another season of shite awaits.

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                                    Getting one of my likely three or so Hearts games this season in early, heading up to Peterhead on Tuesday.

That gets me down to 5 grounds to complete the set and leaves Arbroath as the furthest north. Looking forward to it more than I should be.
                                    When I say three or so that may well be my only one.

Comment

Hefty rumours floating about on various Hearts social media outlets that Cathro has walked with Levein stepping up in the interim.

No official confirmation yet.

Comment

Shortly off to the pub to watch the Dundee derby. I'm assuming that they'll be showing it somewhere here in Monifieth...

Comment

Good luck RobM. Levein in sole charge, crumbs.

Comment

I knew that I should've set off when I posted; it's pissing it down now...

Comment

Someone at BT is going to lose their job for that...

Comment

United prevail on penalties and are rewarded with a trip to .... er..... Dens Park in the next round. Other than that, the draw is dull. Home ties for Celtic and Rangers, and we have to go to Accies where we were beaten twice last season. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                  Good luck RobM. Levein in sole charge, crumbs.
                                                  Awwwwww man, don't, please don't.

Comment

Relax RobM, mini Mourinho anti-football is back back back, fuck yer fancying around with fancy triangles, just boot it up to the big man who isn't there in the 4-6-0 expansive formation.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X