No announcement yet.

The Notorious BRC - Scottish Fitba 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Hughes is now demanding the SFA at least grant him an interview for the vacant Scotland job and according to John Hughes, John Hughes is the best man for the job http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43061741

I hope he gets it so he stays as far away from the soon-to-be vacant St Mirren job once Jack Ross spreads his wings.

Comment

Our crisis is such that some are saying ‘if only we’d given the job to yogi’....

Comment

I'm not sure Yogi's CV is as impressive as he claims. Although, as with so many of us, he may have embellished it slightly with some blatant lies.

Ten consecutive SPL titles with Falkirk, ICT and Hibs. Multiple World Cup winning manager, indeed player manager before the game went soft.

Still preferable to Alex McLeish.

Comment

McLeish it is. Well there goes any idea of trying to actually play football then. At least it's not Mackay is about the most positive take I can muster.

Comment

Kill me now. We wouldn’t qualify for a tournament we hosted with that fanny back in charge. Fucking hell. There was a few years Scotland seemed to be a more optimistic and decent place to be than Ireland. Ochone, ochone, we’re back in a see of drear from fitba to real life possibilities.

Comment

Big 'Eck; the most underwhelming of appointments but completely in line with what we expected from the SFA. He's going to have to win his first few matches to win over the fans, many of whom will be delighted if we lose so they can pounce on him. Oh it's going to be a fun few months ahead.

But my main concern is that Yogi Hughes is still looking for a job. Like Felicity, many of our fans were crying out for Yogi last season when Alex Rae got sacked. We dodged a bullet there (unlike Raith Rovers) but the fucker just won't go away.

Comment

Still, it'll be nice to see Kenny Miller back in a Scotland top...

*cries*

Comment

It's part of the deliberate strategy to get Scotland relegated to an easier Nations League section.

Comment

Presume there wasn't enough money to tempt Alex Neil?

Edit - ah, seems he isn't interested. That's pretty sad.
                    http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...o_David_Moyes/

Comment

Diddy Cup update:

The foreigners are out!

Stunning comeback from Dumbarton at The New Saints on Saturday, as the Sons march into their first major cup final in 121 years. A fine 2-1 victory at the home of the Welsh champions, where apparently both Dumbarton goals were long-range crackers.

And yesterday saw the second semi-final at Inverness, who triumphed 3-2 over Crusaders. The Highlanders went 3-0 up at one stage but then had a player sent off, as Crusaders battled back to 3-2. But Inverness held on and even missed a late penalty and will now face the Sons on the weekend on March 24/25.

I haven't seen the goals from either match but I'm sure DG will give us a better review of the Crusaders game.

Comment

Watched second half online, freezing sleet coming in off the Moray Firth. Not the sort of game where you can mock players for wearing gloves.

Comment

I was spared much of the first half chaos after problems with the BBC Alba stream- luckily we had Bottomham to laugh at on another channel.

CT eased off after the break- understandable given the weather. Even after Crues' first there seemed little hope but the sending off spooked the home side who were hanging on in the last 10. Collin Seedorf (nephew of Clarence) blocked Big Chicken's close range effort and Coatesy headed wide before the fun ended with a comedy penalty miss by CT, a melee and the predictable red for Crues hard man Caddell. Att 1,044

Comment

Watched around 10 minutes of it. Was awful fare.
                            Even worse than the Celtic & Leeds games.

Comment

Thanks to garcia for retweeting this. It's funnier than it has any right to be.

https://twitter.com/ThistleTweet/status/965615734918467584

Comment

I've been to that PizzaExpress...

Comment

Ah, I see that Sammon was somewhat upstaged by Dundee's Simon Murray late in the match. I guess a free pizza wasn't quite enough to cheer him up.

Comment

That box is a right mess, and he hasn't even started on it yet. I've not been to a Pizza Express in ages but it used to be the easiest place to get discounts, 2 for 1s etc - the Thistle season ticket holders are probably paying over the odds if they are only getting 25% off.

Comment

Has this been covered? :

UCS Trust members have voted to seek to return Clydebank FC to senior football.

Comment

Geoffrey de ste Croix's probably the man to ask about that, but I'm not sure how frequently he's been on the board recently (which is a shame)

Comment

Morelos's miss will live long in the memory, that and the Tory MP running the line, pretending to be 'impartial'.
                                          Dick.

Comment

Just off for a stroll to the match...

Comment

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...n__39_s_board/

Comment

Earlier this week the old Love St site, which will finally be redeveloped for housing having sat vacant since St Mirren moved ground in 2009, had streets named after four ex-Saints players http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...-west-43392372

I'm really happy that big Yardley got a street named after him. The butt of so many cruel jibes, usually from the Paisley faithful, he'll forever be my favourite Saints player.

Comment

Hmmmm. Yards, McGarry and Tony Fitz are all fine and dandy, but I'm not sure naming a street after a guy who derailed Gordon Wylde's career with a spectacular act of neddery is a good thing (albeit Abercromby was a Jag by that point, but still).

My tenuous football claim to 'fame' is that I was kept out of our school team by Ian Maxwell being much, much better than me. He may actually be a good appointment, since he's played in all 4 tiers of the Scottish leagues and has spent the last 8 years trying to raise cash for a club that enjoys the same standing in the Scottish game as the Scottish game does internationally. We can but hope.
                                                  Last edited by blameless; 16-03-2018, 10:17.

Comment

What is the story with this Scottish football sectarianism law? I see it mentioned from time to time on facebook by Glasgow trad musician friends. What does it do, and is it broadly speaking a good or bad thing. I can't find anything that tells me what it actually does in practice, but lots of evidence that many Rangers and Celtic fans seem to really dislike it. (Which is not inconsistent with it being a good law) Is it a crude criminalization of the football fan, or is it wider society telling the old firm to stop being cunts?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X