Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumours where?

Comment

A lot of bookies have stopped taking bets on Rangers getting relegated, after a flurry of bets.

Comment

I say. But but Dave King’s millions, no?

Comment

The presence of Clint Hill in Carlisle's defence is bringing noticeable numbers of Rangers fans over the border on days when Carlisle are at home and Rangers aren't playing. Noticeable as in a big flag behind the goal on Saturday saying Bo'ness True Blues (the Bo'ness here clearly not being an abbreviation of on-Solway nor on-Windermere, and the Blues not being Carlisle), a 'Clint Hill - RSC - No Surrender' flag, and the rare sighting (hearing) of GSTQ being sung.

Luckily we've played Yeovil at home this season already - and I'm not being sarcastic here, we had a large number of Celtic fans in the away end one year when we played Yeovil on an international weekend.

Comment

Not coming to a stadium near you: Michael O'Neill...

Comment

Ha, that Yeovil story is quite amusing.

As for MO'N, he's holding out for a job swap I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                The presence of Clint Hill in Carlisle's defence is bringing noticeable numbers of Rangers fans over the border on days when Carlisle are at home and Rangers aren't playing. Noticeable as in a big flag behind the goal on Saturday saying Bo'ness True Blues (the Bo'ness here clearly not being an abbreviation of on-Solway nor on-Windermere, and the Blues not being Carlisle), a 'Clint Hill - RSC - No Surrender' flag, and the rare sighting (hearing) of GSTQ being sung.

Luckily we've played Yeovil at home this season already - and I'm not being sarcastic here, we had a large number of Celtic fans in the away end one year when we played Yeovil on an international weekend.
                There was a great story about a Celtic supporters club heading down to watch Stalybridge Celtic and it taking them to the point where they were in the bar pre-match before they realised that Stayly played in red, white and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                  There was a great story about a Celtic supporters club heading down to watch Stalybridge Celtic and it taking them to the point where they were in the bar pre-match before they realised that Stayly played in red, white and blue.
                  I remember that story/possible urban myth. Seemingly they'd picked a game where Stalybridge Celtic played Stafford Rangers. The jokers!

Comment

From BBC Scottish gossip: Peterhead manager Jim McInally has accused Celtic and Rangers of behaving like two bullies towards League Two clubs. McInally, who is opposed to the idea of colt teams representing the Glasgow clubs in the third tier of Scottish football, says: "I don't see why we should do Celtic and Rangers' work for them." (Daily Express, print edition)

Always did like Jimmy Mac.

Comment

Stewart Regan's gone.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/sc...ceo/?rid=13929

Thank fuck for that.

Comment

Now for Doncaster to get tae fuck. And Malky, obviously. Hopefully there’s more dirt on that bastard and he can be fired without compo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                          Now for Doncaster to get tae fuck.
                          Fine words...

Comment

After seemingly putting all his eggs in a Michael-O'Neill-shaped basket - and then dropping that basket - I thought it should be the end of Regan, but hardly dared hope.

Regan can take his shitey plans to abandon Hampden and funnel more money to the Old Firm (by using Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain as "neutral" venues) with him an' all.

And seconded on Doncaster being the next one loaded onto the trebuchet and fired into the North Sea.

Comment

It’s the talk of building it slap bang in the middle of the central belt (or even worse, fucking Perth) that scares me, man. Fucking motorway connections trumping everything else. Imagine how fucking depressing going to Bathgate for a game would be? I’d take Murrayfield over that.

Comment

Morning all. In more cheering news, both Wi' Girders cup semis are now scheduled- ICT host Crusaders at 1715 on Sunday 18th- bah. Live on Alba.

Watching a historical doc this week, I was pleased to learn that Charlie Stuart 1 was fae Dunfermline. As a young man he defied his Da and sneaked off to Madrid to meet his Papish girlfriend (the Infanta of Castile), but she said "I'm no marrying anyone who talks like a shortbread tin".
                                Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 02-02-2018, 11:04.

Comment

Inverness (and probably Crusaders) are well pissed off with BBC Alba for scheduling a Sunday 5.15pm kick off. What should have been a game which both sets of fans could really look forward to has now been completely ruined. Will they ever learn?

Meanwhile St Mirren are celebrating an awards double with Jack Ross Manager of the Month and Stephen McGinn player of the month. Our next game isn't until the 17th Feb away at Livingston, so we'll see if the curse strikes and we end up with zero points from the next 4 games. And Dundee Utd's abandoned match at QoS back in December has finally been re-scheduled for Tuesday, March 13th. I'm hoping by this time that Utd are so far off the pace that it doesn't matter whether they win or lose, but I still expect the buggers to go on some sort of run, even though their recent form has been dreadful.

Felicity, what's your thoughts on this current Utd team? Having been home recently and seen the exceptionally rare positive mood amongst the Saints fans, there's real belief that we're going to see this through and go up as champions. I'm presuming the mood among the Utd fans isn't very positive, but is the expectation still there that Utd are going to reel us in and still go up?

Comment

I can only judge from online forums but there have been more people predicting us getting caught and possibly missing the playoffs.
                                    Mood amongst the fans is toxic and directed at the board, hence Thompson’s announcement about standing down. I think the manager was an OK appointment but we were fucked by injuries to 2 creative midfielders (Fraser n Fyvie) and they couldn’t replace them in the window.
                                    Now a vicious circle of angry fans booing young players and further demoralising them, so they play worse.
                                    So, eh, bring on Aberdeen...

Comment

No, no, no, noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I'd heard the last of Gary Caldwell but have you seen today's Herald?

Jesus. No. No. no.

I can't think of a worse Scotland appointment. For those of you who don't take the Herald, there is a big puff piece on how he's the man for the job, in his opinion. I've lost count of the number of big Celtic European games he blew when, after 80 odd minutes of no nonsense defending, he would suddenly forget he couldn't play football and get in a fankle gifting possession and a goal. Or two. Almost every game. You can see it now, Scotland are cruising towards a 1-0 victory then with 5 minutes to go 'Calamity' Caldwell decides to sub the goalie for a ballboy. It's 1-1 in no time. Then the ball is running out of play but 'Cock'up' Caldwell rushes to get it, slips onto the park and sliding along on his arse manages to hook the ball over the ballboy (5') into the Scotland net. We lose.

Repeat some similar Keystone Cops like farrago every game until the entire nation has signed up for Dignitas.

I'm desperately hoping it's a wind-up. In fact this whole new Scotland manager appointment seems like a wind-up. And there's no way Walter Smith will be physically capable of doing the job. I'd say it's going to take until at least the Autumn before they've been able to haul out every Scottish pundit who's crawled up his arse this week.

Get that Leeanne Dempster to combine the SFA Chief exec job with the manager role. She'd have them all sorted out in no time.

I'm going to lie down.

Comment

I’d take Caldwell over that fucker Smith. Not even yesterday’s man. Still so grateful to him and his professionalism for the way he fucked off to Greyskull when the lambeg drums came calling. Cunt.

Comment

We at least tried to play football under Strachan. If we must go pragmatic in stature at least Michael O’Neill has been awake in the 21st century. Smith seems from the same school of tactical awareness as Martin O’Neill.

Comment

I agree on Uncle Walter. Football has moved on.
                                            I really don't know who I like for it though. You've probably gathered I'm not a Caldwell fan. Definitely not McLeish.
                                            Clarke is working miracles at Killie and he certainly has the miserable fucker personna we need in a Scotland team boss. And you know that's not a hipster beard he has. He's just got to the stage where he doesn't kiss his wife anymore and can't see the point in shaving.
                                            Young Gemmill seems to have done a very good job over an extended period with the under age sides and we've done well promoting from there in the past but I worry he doesn't have enough medals for the Scottish press and the likes of Kris Boyd and would get hunted from the off. How dare he not be Uncle Walter!

I Dinnie ken.
                                            Last edited by Erskine Bridges; 09-02-2018, 16:30.

Comment

Well played Erskine, I love the word fankle. Reminds me of being at uni listening to Jock Brown and Arthur Montford.

Comment

Cheers Mr B, if you can recall Arthur Montford while you were at Uni you must be older than me!

Comment

At least Walter has ruled himself out. McLeish it is then. Weep.

Comment

8 points clear. Fuckin hell Rovers, youse might just do it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X