No announcement yet.

Sent to Coventry: Division 4 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bad news for Barnet fans is that Morecambe only need a point to stay up, and their opponents, Cov, only need a point to secure a playoff spot. Chances are that the ball will barely leave the centre circle at the Ricoh on Saturday.

Comment

Good summary by the ever-excellent David Conn on the decline of Chesterfield. Sadly becoming an all too familiar tale at this kind of level.

Comment

Originally posted by Limey View Post
        The bad news for Barnet fans is that Morecambe only need a point to stay up, and their opponents, Cov, only need a point to secure a playoff spot. Chances are that the ball will barely leave the centre circle at the Ricoh on Saturday.
        0-0! How did you know?

Dreamt last night that, making my debut as 44-year-old, I scored Lincoln's equaliser against Yeovil. Nice dream. Though in fact it could never happen because in fact I'm 52.

Comment

Typically awful first half performance, going behind early and everybody in the back four panicking, shanking the ball out of play, missing tackles and getting the round around by Yeovil forwards. Lucky we weren't 2-0 down at half time. To top it off, we get awarded a penalty despite playing like crap, and Matt Green hits it straight at the keeper then blasts the rebound against the underside of the bar. Not sure why he was taking it in first place over Whitehouse or Rhead. Couple of weeks ago, the players had an argument about who was taking the pens and Whitehouse stuck it away, so not sure why he isn't designated pen taker. Anyhoo, I hope the Cowleys gave them a bollocking at half time, cos they came out with a bit more purpose and actually put Yeovil under some pressure. The finish from Tom Pett was an absolute delight and i'm very pleased for him. I'm sure in the long run, Danny Cowley has a place for him in the first team, but at the moment he's having to come off the bench and play as part of a midfield three usually.
          Worryingly, Neal Eardley had to come off injured in the second half and it was revealed he had a hamstring strain prior to playing. With Habergham out (not sure what with) and Wharton playing out of position at left back, we don't really need another full back missing. Sean Long hasn't played in months and though he was the natural replacement for Eardley, they brought on another winger.
          Anyway, absolutely delighted to be in play-offs, beyond my wildest expectations at the start of the season and think i'd take Exeter over County or Coventry over two legs. Hopefully i'll get to the home one next week.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
            0-0! How did you know?
            Definitely one of the most boring games I've watched in a while. Both teams did have a bit of a go in the first half, but it became increasingly anaemic as the match wore on... not that I'm surprised. I'm sure some Barnet fans will be unhappy, but there is no law against playing out a draw - even when both sides are doing it a the same time.

Notts County in the playoffs, then. Wouldn't like to pick a winner. I do strongly fancy Lincoln over Exeter in the other semi, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Limey View Post
              Definitely one of the most boring games I've watched in a while. Both teams did have a bit of a go in the first half, but it became increasingly anaemic as the match wore on... not that I'm surprised. I'm sure some Barnet fans will be unhappy, but there is no law against playing out a draw - even when both sides are doing it a the same time.

Notts County in the playoffs, then. Wouldn't like to pick a winner. I do strongly fancy Lincoln over Exeter in the other semi, though.
              That prat Richard Keys about the Cov result. "Not proud of how my team ended the season yesterday. Everybody at Barnet deserved better after an unbelievable run of their own. Poor."
              The Morecambe keeper did make a couple of spectacular saves early on from what I gather, but the same thing happened at Sincil Bank once it became 1-1. Neither side really went for the winner and were more than happy to conserve energy/think of their beach holiday.

Comment

Anyway, was with the family earlier walking round Louth and bumped into my old primary school head teacher. She must be 80 odd now, and I hadn't seen her in nearly 30 years. Only spoke for a few minutes but sill managed to talk about the Cowleys and how well Lincoln have done over the last 2 years. Her daughter had looked at buying the same house as the Cowleys in Lincoln apparently. Great how every conversation comes round to City and the Cowleys so effortlessly.

Comment

3-0, away from home, a striker scored a hat trick and all the goals were scored from open play! I spent all year hoping the season would end but now I don' want it to finish. We're the form team!

Comment

Working...
                  X