No announcement yet.

File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure Lee Clark has much longer in the hot seat at Carrington FC.

Comment

It says something when a top half team come and set themselves up to defend with 11 men behind the ball. They were very tough to break down and wasting time in the first half (including a booking after 39 minutes).

It says even more when your team just keeps going at it and win anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        I had a ticket for the seats but couldn't go...
        Luckily there was someone who could use my ticket, so I didn't have to pay for it after all...

Comment

Shrewsbury have lost Junior Brown for the season with a cruciate knee injury. Very disappointing as he had been playing very well and was hugely popular with the fans.

Comment

Well there you go. Run over.

Comment

Nine goals conceded in our last three games, including two 3-1 defeats to clubs in relegation danger. The defence isn't looking good...

Comment

Lee Clark has left Bury. In a hopeless mess, it seems, at the moment, but that's another story.

The next appointment is crucial. The natives are restless at the state of the club from top to toe at the moment. Just 2,000 home fans there on Saturday.

Comment

Gotta say I saw Shrewsbury were drawing with 2 minutes to go, down to 10 men, away at Rotherham and I thought 'Well, that's a decent point.' Then I saw Wigan were losing and I thought 'Still top of the league. Hope they can hold on.'

90+3 minutes and YEESSSSSSS!!!

4 points clear now. 40 points from 17 games and just 10 points to safety.

Comment

I've always liked Shrewsbury

Comment

*flicks Vs at Nick and Patrick*

Hammered by a non-league club in the cup last week, beat the top of the league with a stunningly convincing performance tonight. Never change, Bury.

Comment

Charming Giggler.

I think PT and I have been pretty humble and gobsmacked by our form.

Anyhow, what tonight has shown those over excited Salopians who actually believe this Town team will get promoted, is that take out three key players at once and we're fucked.

Comment

Only messing, Nick. Just good-natured joshing what with my familial connections to Salop. I'm gobsmacked by our performance tonight.

Look at this for a beautiful move for the only goal:

https://twitter.com/BuryfcNorway/status/933078609794863104

Comment

Also it's 10 fucking years since Shrewsbury won at fucking Bury. Yes, you're our bogey team. Get over yourself.

*shows finger back*

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post

Bloody hell, that is impressive. Is it actually your left back wearing 3 starting and finishing it.

Wimbledon collect four points on the road with a win at plummeting Brizzle Roverz and by being battered 0-0 at in-form Oldham. Still only one result from the relegation zone but an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                Also it's 10 fucking years since Shrewsbury won at fucking Bury. Yes, you're our bogey team. Get over yourself.

*shows finger back*
                                This year, it's 13 years since, hungover to heaven, I helped clear the Gigg Lane pitch of snow on Boxing Day morning in a bid to get the game on. We did it, but the game was called off when Shrewsbury didn't make it to Gigg.

That was the day of the tsunami, and the day I told Laura I loved her and she said she didn't love me. What a bloody awful day.

Comment

the day I told Laura I loved her
                                  Did you do it via the Ricky Valance song?

I don't know who Laura is btw, so I hope this isn't a dreadfully ill-judged quip.

And was that actually your left back scoring last night or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    Did you do it via the Ricky Valance song?

I don't know who Laura is btw, so I hope this isn't a dreadfully ill-judged quip.

And was that actually your left back scoring last night or not?
                                    It's not ill-judged at all, don't worry about it. We weren't right for each other.

And yes, it's the left-back, Greg Leigh. He's been the only glimmer of hope in this dog of a season so far. May as well give him the Player of the Year award now.

Comment

I love attacking left backs, I see one of my favourite current ones and previous top tip for the future, Ryan Sessegnon, scored a hat trick for Fulham last night.

Comment

I've spent far too long just now trying to fathom how a tsunami could cover a pitch in snow, but anyway...

Rovers, as expected, lost at Wigan and so despite having been unbeaten for a while, we're now shite again and the manager needs sacking apparently.

MK at home on Saturday - as good a cause as any to rally ourselves and score all of the goals.

Comment

This year, it's 13 years since, hungover to heaven, I helped clear the Gigg Lane pitch of snow on Boxing Day morning in a bid to get the game on. We did it, but the game was called off when Shrewsbury didn't make it to Gigg.

That was the day of the tsunami, and the day I told Laura I loved her and she said she didn't love me. What a bloody awful day.
                                          This sounds like a dystopic Richard Curtis film.

Comment

We were supposed to play the Gas last night at their place, but as both clubs decided that 90 minutes constitutes an FA Cup run, the game's been put back to the beginning of December on a Saturday. Which isn't particularly interesting in itself, until you notice that Bristol City played at home last night; so both Bristol teams should've played in Bristol on the same evening. Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                              This sounds like a dystopic Richard Curtis film.
                                              At least you wouldn't spend the film asking yourself the usual Richard Curtis questions like "How can they afford to live on their own in a flat like that in London? They only work in a cafe for god's sake!"

Comment

At least you wouldn't spend the film asking yourself the usual Richard Curtis questions like "How can they afford to live on their own in a flat like that in London? They only work in a cafe for god's sake!"
                                                Or the rather more usual Richard Curtis questions like "Why am I wasting my time watching this shite?"

Comment

Chris Lucketti being named Bury manager has gone down very well with a jaded fanbase.

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/status/933436431577505792

Comment

Only messing, Nick. Just good-natured joshing what with my familial connections to Salop. I'm gobsmacked by our performance tonight.

https://twitter.com/BuryfcNorway/status/933078609794863104
                                                    Ah, right.

I thought bantz and it's associated light joshing was frowned upon on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X