File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Three fives in five home games. That's not a regular happening...
    And remarkably, one of the ones that wasn't was against Bury.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
      Anyone know how Shrewsbury are getting on?
      Well now that you mention it...

Comment

Doncaster remembered how to score and win, which was nice.

Shit mate, utter crap.

Comment

94th minute winner. Sorry.

Comment

Wimbledon have a proper season-long relegation scrap ahead of them. Absolutely no goals in the side at all and they can dominate games like this evening’s at Southend for large periods but if they concede first they’re beaten.

There are simply no finishers in the squad, or at least none on form. They ended the game tonight bringing on a centre-half only just back from injury for the last ten minutes and sticking him up front as target man which is emblematic of their desperation.

The one hope I have is that Harry Forrester looks to have something about him and if they get him starting and seeing a decent amount of the ball he will create or score goals. It’s a slim hope though and only based on a few cameo sub appearances so could well come to naught...much like The Dons right now.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-09-2017, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              94th minute winner. Sorry.
              One which denied me quite a tidy sum, the other three legs of a Lucky 15 all having obligingly finished all square. Bugger.

Scunny drew 0-0 at Gillingham and now have their arse firmly planted in the play off sofa.
              Best defence in the league with just 3 goals conceded, 7 clean sheets in 10, although we have scored 4 fewer goals than Oldham in 23rd.

Away at relegation favourites Shrewsbury on Saturday. This weekend last season we beat surprise high fliers Bury, who then proceeded to lose their next 20 games or something, and barely survived. Let's hope foorball's the winner on Saturday.

Comment

I think Scunny owe us one after we ended their unbeaten 20 odd home game run last season.

I'll happily lose a game every 10...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                  Wimbledon have a proper season-long relegation scrap ahead of them. Absolutely no goals in the side at all and they can dominate games like this evening’s at Southend for large periods but if they concede first they’re beaten.

There are simply no finishers in the squad, or at least none on form. They ended the game tonight bringing on a centre-half only just back from injury for the last ten minutes and sticking him up front as target man which is emblematic of their desperation.

The one hope I have is that Harry Forrester looks to have something about him and if they get him starting and seeing a decent amount of the ball he will create or score goals. It’s a slim hope though and only based on a few cameo sub appearances so could well come to naught...much like The Dons right now.
                  On what I saw last night, you won't go down. Thought you were much the better side for long periods of the game. Don't panic....

Comment

It was more a nod to the disproportionate number of Shrews fans on this thread rightly enjoying their start to the season, but aye, I've learned a lesson about not checking upcoming fixtures before posting.

Reports from last night are that Rovers were generally on top, until we scored. Then we switched off and Shrewsbury were in control 'til the break. Second half could've swung either way going from tweets from fans of each club, but in the end Town nicked it. When things are going for you they're going for you; fair play to Shrewsbury - nice to see a side sticking it to those who tipped them to go down (myself included).

Seeing increasing calls for Darren Ferguson to go among Rovers fans; owing most likely to an extended run of poor home form. As someone who doesn't get to many home games I'm pretty happy with him... though would be happier if we stopped throwing away games in injury time mind.

Comment

Oh I thought you were being witty about the next game.

There are at Ieast 3 Shrewsbury fans commenting on here. It was the same last year but we had much less to rejoice over.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        Oh I thought you were being witty about the next game.

There are at Ieast 3 Shrewsbury fans commenting on here. It was the same last year but we had much less to rejoice over.
                        You have to take into account that the actual Shrewsbury message board isn't very... well it's not much like OTF. I gave up posting there 12 years ago, though I believe Nick makes the odd foray.

Comment

Yes, my forays are odd.
                          Last edited by NickSTFU; 28-09-2017, 20:19.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                            Yes, my forays are odd. That and challenging some of the more unpleasant fuckers on there.
                            And I thought it was just me... <smiley thing>

I'm guessing, he said in an attempt to widen the conversation, that we can't be the only ones who've broadly given up on our own club's message boards on account of the arsehole factor.

It can't just be a 'small town' thing, can it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                              I'm guessing, he said in an attempt to widen the conversation, that we can't be the only ones who've broadly given up on our own club's message boards on account of the arsehole factor.

It can't just be a 'small town' thing, can it?
                              I gave up on the Burnley ones when they went full UKIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                I gave up on the Burnley ones when they went full UKIP.
                                Bury's is terrible more than anything because of the wacky punsters it attracts. So if someone mentions Scotland for instance, another will say, "You've knocked me off KILTer with that!" followed by another saying "They were just being JOCKular!" et bloody cetera.

Plus there's the UKIP stuff too, of course.

Comment

Aye, I can relate to that. I do still use the Doncaster one, but only usually as a means to push the fanzine/podcast.

Comment

I do quite like the Plymouth ones at the moment ...

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                      I do quite like the Plymouth ones at the moment ...
                                      I'm sure you do. Though on-field stuff is way down the priorities for many of us.

There's quite a split between the two main sites. One extols our chairman and quells any dissent against his plans for the new grandstand and associated offices, restaurants and hotel. It's run by someone who is extremely pro-Brent, to the extent he sometimes acts as his chaffeur for away games and gets director box privileges.

The other is a response to the heavy moderation and censure that goes with it on the other site. Many of the posters have been banned from the other board for the slightest criticism of the regime. It's Brent Out and against all but the grandstand part of the planning application.

It spiils across the Facebook page too - also set up as a result of the bannings.

I'm sure you lot aren't interested in the internecine politics of Argyle message boards but it's the important issue for many. The shiteness of the team is just a by-product.

Comment

Apparently there’s a strong chance our new manager will be Clarence Seedorf.

What the actual fuck.

It’ll probably all go Leyton Orient, but after 23-odd years in this division, mostly fighting relegation, the insanity is quite exciting.

Comment

Puzzling times at Oxford - where after losing three in a row to teams below them in the table (Blackpool, Wallsall, Bury,) they won 4-1 away to Peterborough. who drop to 4th inthe table.

Comment

Originally posted by PDD2 View Post
                                            On what I saw last night, you won't go down. Thought you were much the better side for long periods of the game. Don't panic....
                                            I appreciate the sentiments but that doesn’t matter if you can’t score.

More of the same today, the third game in a row (and the fifteenth time in the last twenty-one league games) that The Dons haven’t scored. Getting a point is at least an improvement on the last two results but Rochdale were wretched and it meant Wimbledon dropped in to the relegation zone.

The game again finished with a centre half up front, a right midfielder at left back and a striker (who scored twenty goals two seasons ago) wide right in a front three. The opening hour’s two most impressive attacking performers were also subbed off by then.

Clearly the club’s financial restrictions and small squad limit the options but this is the first time I’ve heard any significant criticism of Ardley - in terms of recruitment, selection, tactics and substitutions.

Comment

Even more puzzling times at Shrewsbury.

Comment

In the words of jwdd27

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                Yes, about that... what the hell is going on with Shrewsbury?

Comment

Re Shrewsbury. Well I know nothing about Division 3 or Shrewsbury but Paul Hurst was a very good manager for us (Boston) and has got every club he has managed promoted. Given that, I was more surprised they were tipped for relegation pre-season than that they are doing so well now. Hope I don't jinx things for you...

Comment

Five points and now five red cards.

But, hey, at least we got a goal.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X