No announcement yet.

File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mate has just rung to give me an update on the game, he said there wasn't a handbag insight and they were at it going down the tunnel. All off the ball, so something said probably. Maybe Abu told him to get his hair cut or something.

O'Toole has always been a narky twat mind.

Anyway, with Godfrey injured and Ogogo suspended for at least 3 games, we're fucked in midfield.
    Last edited by NickSTFU; 20-03-2018, 22:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      Those of us hoping the teams they watch merely stay in D3 are just hoping “media darlings” Shrewsbury go up so the whole division isn’t viewed through the prism of their progress for another season.
      Knowing our luck if Shrewsbury go up, Lincoln will get promoted.

Comment

Wimbledon could have done without the positive results for Doncaster, Northampton and (especially) Fleetwood in the last two evenings. The former get some breathing space and the latter two tighten up the situation with the bottom seven sides massively.

Comment

Aye, I hadn't realised how perilous our position had become until the table came up on the screen before Monday's game. A win was very much welcome. Big games against teams close by over Easter weekend (Blackpool and Wimbledon) will determine how nervy the rest of our season is.

Comment

No fight at Rochdale alas. As a non-attendee I'm probably not properly qualified to throw in the towel on our behalf but I'll do so anyway. 2 points from 3 home games, 2 of them against relegation rivals, is not survival form and I don't think there'd be much disagreement from those who actually go to games. In fact the main cause of ire on our forum at the moment is the club's decision to move the annual end of season do from the club bar to the town hall, to ban kids from attending and to raise the cost of entry from a couple of quid to Ł65, the change being justified by the presence of Jeff Stelling and it being an opportunity to celebrate our having recently played Spurs away and it being the 50th anniversary of our first ever promotion. The fact that said promotion happened 49 years ago is a minor detail.

Comment

I was fairly confident Rochdale would haul themselves out of it with a run of home games against rivals, but they look doomed with Bury now.
              Is Keith Hill as bulletproof there as he appears?

Comment

So much so it's the chairman who bought him a bulletproof jacket. The half wits who hold him responsible for guiding us only to our second highest ever finish last season (no prizes for guessing who gave us our highest) rather than to the promotion they expected wish it were otherwise though.

Comment

Is K*rl R*bins*n leaving Charlton to return to Franchise to try and rescue them or has something else gone on? Lee Bowyer in co-caretaker charge, yeeeeuch.

Comment

Ah, speculation he is off to Oxford.

Comment

Fucking Steve Cunting Evans.

Comment

By all accounts Shrewsbury's luck ran out with a vengeance today. Big Toto off to hospital with a broken cheekbone and a penalty given then retracted that could have salvaged a point.

Play offs it is, then.

Comment

Scunny fail to win again, just one win in 14 games. After beating Bury on New Year's Day, their form reads:
                          DLDLWLDDDLDLDD

And they're still fucking fifth.

Although Plymouth, Peterborough, Charlton and Portsmouth can all now overtake them with games in hand. Wait, Portsmouth? Where did they come from?

Comment

Portsmouth beat Wigan today meaning Shrewsbury hold onto 2nd in the table. Shrewsbury (81 points) have played more than Blackburn (82) or Wigan (80) though. All 3 are guaranteed at least a play off place now as two of the teams on 61 points only have 6 games left to play so can only max out at 79.

Comment

I really hope it is us and you who go up; I despise Wigan and their antiseptic ground. Not as awful as MK Dons Theatre of Dettol, handily situated in the food corp, though. Hated paying money to them lot, but...

Comment

The way we're going at the moment, I'm not sure that we'll be in the play-offs...

Comment

Sweet lord in heaven. What did I witness tonight?

Comment

Blackburn and Wigan both win yesterday. Wigan now 2nd with a game in hand on Blackburn.

Shrewsbury bound for the play offs now unless one of the others implodes I think.

The Times number crunchers put both Wigan and Blackburn at over 90% certainties to go up. Shrewsbury are at 36%. Play off lotteries are hard to predict.

I should be happy with a play off place as it's beyond any expectation any Shrewsbury fan had at the start of the season, but they're more exciting when you just nick the last spot rather than miss out on automatic promotion by a few points.

Comment

I don't think I've been this excited about the football for years. If ever.

Anything could happen to us.

Comment

This shit is getting serious.

We've got Pompey, Scunthorpe and Rotherham coming up so it could all come crashing down but with that win against Peterborough yesterday I'm starting to believe it might actually happen (though my head still says with four away games to come we'll just miss out).

Comment

Bradford v Shrewsbury on Thursday. Seems a weird one to me. I know Shrewsbury played on Sunday but why not play this on Wednesday? Thursday night football just seems alien.

Comment

Is it on the tele box? Blackburn against Peterborough is on a Thursday too.

In other news the Pompey game is a complete sell out with folk still desperate for tickets yet the club are insisting that two whole blocks remain empty for segregation. Which to them probably makes sense as the recent game against Bristol Rovers saw fans from both sides pile across the netting and the stewards (most of whom seem to be mates with a number of the Argyle idiots doing little to stop it. However the play off semi against our friends in blue a couple of years back saw the all the blocks full with a line of yellow jackets between them. The kind of thing seen in premier league grounds around the country.

Comment

Play offs it is for Shrewsbury. Rochdale to stay up in spite of losing our next two games. How could this possibly be wrong?

Comment

Yeah, my guess is that Rochdale will pull themselves out of it at Wimbledon and Franchise's expense, especially with their current form.

Comment

A golden upward swing to this fabulous season might be seeing Shrewsbury relegate the Franchise on 5 May. We should earn some favour with the football gods for that.

But they may already be down by that point.

Comment

Looks like Wimbledon should be able to avoid the drop, after a crucial win over Charlton tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X