No announcement yet.

File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won again. Finally out of the relegation zone. Eoin Doyle and Jack Byrne are immense; shame we lose both in January.

Comment

We've now won more games than we did last season. In fact we won as many games in September as we did in the whole of last season...

Comment

A point away at Walsall to keep the unbeaten run going? Yeah, mate, don't mind if we do.

I might go to Plymouth next week. It's the 13th game and they are bottom of the division. Got to be jinxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          A point away at Walsall to keep the unbeaten run going? Yeah, mate, don't mind if we do.

I might go to Plymouth next week. It's the 13th game and they are bottom of the division. Got to be jinxed.
          I wouldn't worry about jinxes, unlucky 13s, bottom against top or that we've a stunning two points from the last ten games. We are utter gash so all you need to do is just withstand the first twenty minutes (we have yet to score in the first 45 so shouldn't be too hard), score and you'll be fine. We might even throw in a sending off to help you out. It's not hard every other team has sussed us out, I'm sure Shrewsbury will be no different.

Comment

So is there a big gap in quality between tiers 3 and 4 that explains Plymouth's woes?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlander View Post
              I wouldn't worry about jinxes, unlucky 13s, bottom against top or that we've a stunning two points from the last ten games. We are utter gash so all you need to do is just withstand the first twenty minutes (we have yet to score in the first 45 so shouldn't be too hard), score and you'll be fine. We might even throw in a sending off to help you out. It's not hard every other team has sussed us out, I'm sure Shrewsbury will be no different.
              You say that, but..........

My visit will depend on if my sister in law is visiting for the weekend or not. (As in I should make the effort to see her not that I'd be trying to escape.)

I last went to a Shrewsbury game in Plymouth in 1995.

Comment

Giliingham-Portsmouth is being broadcast on line in the US by ESPN

I am cheered to see that old school hoardings with industrial sponsors "Flue Supplies" are still around at this level.
                Last edited by ursus arctos; 08-10-2017, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  So is there a big gap in quality between tiers 3 and 4 that explains Plymouth's woes?
                  No, our chairman has decided that developing his land behind the ground (Higher Home Park - HHP) for offices, restaurants and a hotel is far more important than funding the team. A new director has put in £4.1 million towards the grandstand revamp but the planning permission has been lumped in with the HHP plan so the money lies in stasis. HHP is seperate from the football club so no revenue from this will get back into Argyle.

Meanwhile the cash from having the largest mean attendances since division two times, two televised games against Liverpool, two transfers of around £500k and sell-ons from two others has gone somewhere but not on the team. Derek Adams splurged a bit on keeping Graham Carey at the club, the rest of our summer signings were pretty much division four standard. A player Exeter didn't want, a forward from Torquay and a winger from Coventry being prime examples of the recruitment policy.

Derek Adams can stay, it's James Brent that needs to go.

Comment

Maybe the answer should be yes, if you try and compete in division three with a division four squad.

Comment

Well I won't be in Plymouth to see the run end. (Feeling pessimistic today)

Comment

In other news, Paul Scholes might be the next Oldham manager

Comment

Is that a step up or down from Clarence Seedorf?

Comment

He has apparently had an interview so it looks more possible.

Comment

Shrewsbury are no longer top but my premonition that Plymouth would be where the unbeatenness ended was wrong. Second on goal difference after 13 games? If you'd suggested that on 1 August I would have laughed at you as a nincompoop.

Comment

Wimbledon score! Wimbledon win! I’m in shock.

Comment

Shrewsbury have gone from grinding out wins, to grinding out draws.

A slump is on the way.

Comment

Darren Ferguson appears to be treading a fine line at Rovers, seems to be about 50/50 on who wants him in and who wants him gone. I'm not entirely sure how getting rid of him will sort out the first touch of our forwards and the willingness of our midfield to shoot, but there you go. Disappointing but not disastrous defeat at Charlton yesterday - although now we face Portsmouth at home with our first three choice forwards all out through injury and suspension.

I expected us to be midtable this season - we're four points off that - I'm not sure what my fellow Rovers fans were expecting.

Comment

Shrewsbury go top again with a 4-0 win while Wigan only draw. That's 14 games unbeaten. 34 points. 22 points above the relegation zone and only 17 from "safety". I am giddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                        Our season starts with a trip to Fleetwood and ends with a visit from Blackpool.

And our trip to the nightmare that is Kingston is on a Tuesday night in October...
                                        It can only get better now GO

Comment

I had a ticket for the seats but couldn't go...

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                                            Darren Ferguson appears to be treading a fine line at Rovers, seems to be about 50/50 on who wants him in and who wants him gone. I'm not entirely sure how getting rid of him will sort out the first touch of our forwards and the willingness of our midfield to shoot, but there you go. Disappointing but not disastrous defeat at Charlton yesterday - although now we face Portsmouth at home with our first three choice forwards all out through injury and suspension.

I expected us to be midtable this season - we're four points off that - I'm not sure what my fellow Rovers fans were expecting.
                                            I got a massive surprise to see Rovers go 2-0 up so early against Portsmouth. I haven't seen the highlights yet but I presume that save from Lawlor ensured that we took three points.

I'd take a lower half of the table finish I think.

Comment

Way of the world MOF, two home wins and there's now not even a hint of a suggestion that Ferguson isn't the right man for the job. Yep, brilliant save from Lawlor late on to secure the win... making up for the fact that he let a back-pass from Baudry roll under his foot for the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                I had a ticket for the seats but couldn't go...
                                                Ah, just speculated on that in the matchgoing thread. Possibly saved yourself some misery, though it was a game you could easily have won.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                  Yes, about that... what the hell is going on with Shrewsbury?
                                                  It's getting surreal now

Comment

I'm actually starting to think "Hang on a minute."

MUST.STOP.THAT.

I'm sure the wheels will come off, or we'll run our legs off, or whatever, eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X