• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollocks. 91st minute winner for Wigan.

Bugger, bother and blast!

Comment

Sickening last minute winner for Wigan.

Although I had a Barca-Wigan double, so, you know, it's not all bad news...

Comment

Useless feckers.

Comment

So, yet again being beaten by Shrewsbury precipitates a managerial sacking. This time it's Walsall. Dan Keates, who I just remember as a horrible fighty fucker of a midfielder is the new manager, leaving Wrexham in the lurch. It's an odd choice as Wrexham have a good shot at promotion and Walsall are lower half of the table. Apparently Keates used to play for Walsall, which with the Wrexham connection as well puts him firmly on some axis of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
            Apparently Keates used to play for Walsall, which with the Wrexham connection as well puts him firmly on some axis of evil.
            If they beat Wigan midweek, he's a candidate for a Nobel, AFAIC.

Comment

Shrewsbury back in 2nd, winning one of their games in hand on Blackburn whose game got cancelled. Hope Wigan win their FA Cup game. Sooner or later that has to affect their league form.

Comment

It's weird and exciting in equal measure.

My emotions fluctuate between the extreme optimism of a top 2 finish and the pessimism of a play-off 'semi' defeat.

We leave the pub earlier and don't look for an excuse just to sit in there and watch Jeff and the goons.

I haven't moaned about going to the football for 7 months. It's just not right. It's plain weird.

We're supposed to be rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post

We're supposed to be rubbish.
                  According to the Blackburn forum, we are. Flukey, jammy, fortunate, spawny - and rubbish. <chuckle>

Comment

Those of us hoping the teams they watch merely stay in D3 are just hoping “media darlings” Shrewsbury go up so the whole division isn’t viewed through the prism of their progress for another season.

Comment

Well Shrewsbury are ignored by WSC as has been established. So maybe stick to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                        Those of us hoping the teams they watch merely stay in D3 are just hoping “media darlings” Shrewsbury go up so the whole division isn’t viewed through the prism of their progress for another season.
                        Other than being usually mean spirited, coming from someone who follows Wimbledon and used to follow you Cardiff, is also shows a remarkable lack of self awareness.

Don’t worry, we only get to these heights pretty rarely. We’ll be back to snuffling around in the mud soon enough. Sorry to have disturbed your worshipfulness. We knows our place I’m sure.

Media fucking darlings.

Comment

If "media darlings" means "unfashionable team doing unexpectedly well", I suppose there are darlings every season. Usually their "fairy tale" loses some of its charm when you look a little deeper (Forest Green, Fleetwood, Leicester etc). I'm not aware of Shrewsbury's claims to shame but am willing to be informed.

The real media darlings are of course Exeter City, but being patted on the head by David Conn and co only takes you so far. I'd accept a bit of loathing in exchange for promotion.

Comment

Media darlings? How exciting.

There was some media interest early on. Colin Murray seemed to mention us every week on Goal Rush, until we lost our first game at Peterborough. An ex-team mate of Hurst, a fella called Robertson, wrote an article which was syndicated, but that was about Hurst. The club merely being the vehicle to project Hurst's ambition. But, anyway, look, who really gives a toss what people think.

As for dirty little secrets.

We sold land to Aldi, or is it Lidl? Really can never remember, for 2 million. There's certainly no rich 'sugar-daddy', just an tight old sod who is difficult to like, a manager who is able to get the best out of a bunch ofcast-offs and a team spirit and fitness levels I've never seen in over 40 odd years.

Comment

Er, the “media darlings” was a gag based on how many posts there are about Shrewsbury on this thread because of the amount of Shrewsbury fans - I think similar ones were made earlier in the season.

Clearly a badly pitched gag for which I apologise. I’ve no problem at all with Shrewsbury really (they often have nice kits after all) and barely see anything about them in the actual media.

Comment

As a Boston fan I'm really hoping Shrewsbury go up - its always good to see ex-players and managers go onto better things.

Hopefully it won't go to the play-offs but Hursty and Scotty got Ilkeston and us up via them, so they should not phase him. We drew an away game the week before that would have got us promoted automatically had we won it and also we were 1-0 down and getting pasted in the final and we still won the match. So I'd have confidence in Hursty even if things don't quite go to plan along the way...

Comment

Proper old school bundle of a game at Home Park. Bristol Rovers are probably still wondering how they didn't get at least a point. Argyle were behind twice, missed one penalty to get it level but scored direct from their defence clearing the ball and then scored another penalty with minutes to go to win it.

That makes it 12 wins in 17. We were bottom at the start of December and now those playoffs are looking a distinct possibility.

This season is fucking nuts.

Comment

Haha, social media darlings then RdG. You coming up next Saturday?

As for Plymouth, I thought they were superb at our place. Really don't want to meet them in the play-offs.

Comment

Sadly no, Nick. Away trips are a rarity but I’m hoping that changes now my boy is 11. Would be amazed to see Wimbledon come away with anything from the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                                        According to the Blackburn forum, we are. Flukey, jammy, fortunate, spawny - and rubbish. <chuckle>
                                        We got that shit from Reading back in our 2000-01 promotion season. When we finished second on 91 points, five points above the winging out-of-town bastards...

Comment

Chicken winging?

Comment

Hmm, missed an e...

Comment

And an h

Comment

Sounds exciting at Northampton. Shrewsbury showing some "fight"?

Comment

Yeah. Just looking at the scoreline on the BBC Sport app. 1 goal and 1 red card apiece.

Comment

Both players who were sent off had surnames beginning with O.

O'Toole and Ogogo.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X