File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Our season starts with a trip to Fleetwood and ends with a visit from Blackpool.

And our trip to the nightmare that is Kingston is on a Tuesday night in October...

Nevermind. Gigg on Boxing Day will be nice for you.

Walsall to start with for us. Be still my beating heart. Rounding off the season on a Bank Holiday weekend at the self-same Kingston - a venue where we shipped ten goals last season - should be good.

Comment

I know that piss taking of rivals isn't really the done thing but the fixture computer has one hell of a bastard sense of humour.

The big Boxing Day fixtures in East Lancs will see Burnley travelling to Old Trafford on the day Blackburn host Rochdale.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
        Nevermind. Gigg on Boxing Day will be nice for you.
        Sadly it won't. The Boxing Day match at the New York has become something of a family tradition over the last three years.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          I know that piss taking of rivals isn't really the done thing but the fixture computer has one hell of a bastard sense of humour.

The big Boxing Day fixtures in East Lancs will see Burnley travelling to Old Trafford on the day Blackburn host Rochdale.
          That really made me smile. Sorry Roverrrs fans.

Comment

Utterly duff Christmas/ New Year fixtures for Shrewsbury and the Franchise on the last day of the season. Bum.

Comment

I dunno about glamour, but I would suggest that having to go to last season's 3rd and 4th placed teams in the first two away games is a challenging start for the Dons - perhaps that's the angle Get Surrey should have gone for, rather than picking out the former Premier League teams. Never mind.

Christmas sees Scunny face consecutive away trips to local rivals Blackpool (Boxing Day) and Blackburn (30th Dec). These games bookended by glamorous home games with Southend and Bury. Whataloadashite. The home game with Donny is scheduled for 6 Jan, which I guess means it will get rescheduled to an evening if either team makes the 3rd round of the cup.

Today we signed Rory McCardle from Bradford, having allegedly doubled his wages according to a Bantam colleague. That's a proper signing. We'll piss this league.

Comment

Am considering going to Wimbledon. Suck it, getsurrey.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                  That really made me smile. Sorry Roverrrs fans.
                  Ha. Obviously the natural order of things would be Blackburn travelling to Old Trafford and Burnley visiting Rochdale.

One of my first games as a Rochdale fan was home to Burnley (we lost 2-0) towards the end of the season that Burnley clung onto their league status on the final Saturday. Our own survival - which a few weeks earlier had looked extremely unlikely - had been secured a few days earlier on a glorious night at home to Stockport. Derek Parlane scored one of the goals, the other was scored by Lyndon Simmonds, one of those people who have the rare distinction of being a living legend in one tiny corner of the world while being virtually unheard of elsewhere. Having, according to the Roy of the Rovers re-telling of the story, almost single-handedly ensured that the town of Rochdale has a Football League club today, Lyndon continued to shine amid dross for a further season (in which the implosion of Newport County was all that kept us from the brink) before injury put an end to his career at the age of 21.

Comment

Nothing particularly exciting on the opening day. No 8-2s.

Every preseason prediction thing I've seen has Shrewsbury to go down so an injury time winner and 3 points on the board felt like a relief already.

Decided not to go to Wimbledon next week. Will be at the game v Rochdale in 2 weeks time, hopefully with niece and nephew in tow.

Comment

Bottom already. Ho hum...

Comment

I thought we looked half decent.

Or, at least, Northampton made us look half decent.

Comment

That's encouraging Nick. I saw good comments on FB and Twitter.

Comment

For 45 minutes we couldn't live with Charlton and only a close range double save from McCormick kept us level. What we did at half time I'm not really sure but the second half was pretty much all Argyle.

A decent afternoon at Home Park all told.

Comment

Went to Walsall 2-1 Oldham. Two poor sides, suspect both will struggle.

Comment

My main worry for Doncaster this season was the propensity of our defence to switch off... so it was a joy to watch Blackburn be much more kamikaze than I'd ever imagined us to be on Saturday. That said we were good value for the win, but not so good that I'm willing to change my expectation of mid-table just yet.

Comment

2 wins out of 2 for Shrewsbury now. Fully expecting the wheels to come off when I'm watching them on Saturday.

Comment

3 wins from 3 for Shrewsbury, but all against teams now in the bottom 4. Big test next Saturday with a trip to 5th place Oxford.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      all against teams now in the bottom 4.
                                      Which is what solid mid-table teams should be doing.

Not that it really matters in August mind.

Comment

After signing Adam Thompson on a three-year deal over the summer - amid much fanfare and astonishment from Southend fans - Bury have let him go to Bradford for the rest of the season on loan.

We've used 24 players so far this season and Lee Clark has been quoted by the local paper as saying that there may be 11 deals done by the end of the transfer window tomorrow.

Is it any wonder I don't feel as connected to the club as I once did?

Comment

By the way, are you going to the New York next week?

Comment

I know my dad wants to as it's a town he always likes visiting so I imagine he will. I'm not sure I'll join him as I'm out of work at the moment and I'm keeping an eye on what I spend.

Comment

Not sure the last time Shrewsbury finished August unbeaten in the league. I guess I could look it up.

Comment

Yes, about that... what the hell is going on with Shrewsbury?

A 2-1 win at Gillingham put paid to my Lucky 15 - I was banking that the wheels have got to come off fairly spectacularly fairly soon, but no dice.

Meanwhile the Iron got a late winner at Gigg Lane to remain unbeaten, Josh Morris pretty much replicating last season's form and getting the winner.

Comment

Working...
                                                X