No announcement yet.

File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does look grim for Bury, from the outside it looks they'd be better advised to accept their relegation and start jettisoning the high earners. The statement issued seems to suggest they think otherwise, I fear for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
      Radio Manchester reporting that Chris Lucketti has left Bury after less than two months in charge.

I see my club as a shambles from top to bottom at the moment. How do you lot see us?
      Southend United have just have five straight losses. I can't see Phil Brown getting another job in management after this.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
        Definitely, safe now, lovely.

What a remarkable 12 months this has been for Shrewsbury.

81 points from 46 league games in the calendar year. Achieved with players from the 'non-leagues', or players not deemed good enough at other league teams. I'll be surprised if Paul Hurst is with us this time next year.
        I was totally impressed at the great support you lads and lasses showed at Ewood on Saturday. I dearly hope it is both of us who go up automatically. To be where you, rightfully, are -above us-after the last season is testament to a good strong side and a terrific manager. I'd not begrudge you winning the division. Good luck from Lancashire and hope you can keep the Hurster.

Comment

What's going to happen to the Blackburn fans who threw stuff at the Shrewsbury keeper?

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
            Radio Manchester reporting that Chris Lucketti has left Bury after less than two months in charge.

I see my club as a shambles from top to bottom at the moment. How do you lot see us?
            We hope that you won't have a New manager bounce before you play Oxford on Saturday. Also can we take advantage of your weak position to get Chris Maguire back?

Comment

Originally posted by duncanmckenziedoughnuts View Post
              I was totally impressed at the great support you lads and lasses showed at Ewood on Saturday. I dearly hope it is both of us who go up automatically. To be where you, rightfully, are -above us-after the last season is testament to a good strong side and a terrific manager. I'd not begrudge you winning the division. Good luck from Lancashire and hope you can keep the Hurster.
              I can't see past you and Wigan for the top two spots.

As much as Wigan come across as a bunch of self-entitled arseholes, they are a very good side at this level. So are you, but from what I've seen, you're prepared to roll your sleeves up and battle.

As for us. All our physical and mental attributes will only get us so far, we lack genuine quality in the final third. We're in an excellent position for a play-off spot, but personally I'm not too bothered if we fall out of the top 6 as its just a joy to watch a team that actually appears to give a shit. And play a bit (but mix it up when we need to).

Comment

Lucketti's sacking does seem hasty, and harsh. Scunny have only just replaced/upgraded him as assistant, poaching Neil McDonald from Limerick. I hope he picks something up.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                  What's going to happen to the Blackburn fans who threw stuff at the Shrewsbury keeper?
                  Sadly, nothing probably. Making them martyrs to the cause would only dignify their idiocy. We do have more than our fair share of pillocks and although it was naive of Henderson to chuck stuff back there is no excusing the arseholery of some of our younger, denser followers. Danny Graham did plead with them to stop the lunacy and had a calming word with Henderson as far as I am aware. I would welcome a fine for the club for failing to control the pricks so they are not heralded as anarchists when they are pissants.

Comment

Shrewsbury did the double over Portsmouth today and have gone back up to second in the table. I can't really believe we are going to go into February with Town in an automatic promotion spot. They have had a punishing January including the FA Cup replay and another Checkatrade win.

Further to the last couple of thread posts, Dean Henderson has been banned for three games for chucking a bottle back at the Blackburn supporters who pelted his goal with stuff during the defeat there. No punishment for Rovers, which is feeding the mentality among some Town fans that there is an increasingly blatant bias towards the "big" clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                      Southend United have just have five straight losses. I can't see Phil Brown getting another job in management after this.
                      Have Southend actually sacked Brown yet? He was co-commentating on Wigan v West Ham today.

Comment

Gardening leave, presumably while they sort out his payoff.

Comment

Apparently Blackburn fans threw stuff at the opposition keeper again today.

Comment

Shrewsbury did the double over Portsmouth today
                            We did that the other week. Nice feeling, isn't it.

Comment

Darren Ferguson's long-standing dilemma over how to fit our three decent centre-halves into his side has been solved... by all three of them getting injured in the last week. Something Bristol Rovers duly took advantage of to end our month-long unbeaten run on Saturday.

A desperate chase for replacements, before the transfer window closes, has now begun.

Comment

There's a really good prospect at Solihull Moors.

Comment

Further to the last couple of thread posts, Dean Henderson has been banned for three games for chucking a bottle back at the Blackburn supporters who pelted his goal with stuff during the defeat there. No punishment for Rovers, which is feeding the mentality among some Town fans that there is an increasingly blatant bias towards the "big" clubs.
                                  It was a coin and Henderson needs to grow up and be a professional.

Also, from what I've been told and read, most Salop fans agree he deserves his ban.

Comment

That wasn't the sense I got on Facebook when it was announced. People might have calmed down now.

Comment

Well, Facebook, there you go.

I think people need to save the ire for the piss poor FA policy of banning players, then explaining to clubs 2/3 days later the reasons why.

Comment

Some discussion among Shrewsbury fans about what the points total will need to be for automatic promotion this year. Some reckon it will be 90 or more.

74 points is apparently the average for last place in the play offs. Shrewsbury have 61 points with 17 games to go.
                                        Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 06-02-2018, 22:35.

Comment

After an unbeaten January in the league without even conceding a goal Wimbledon have now lost two games in four days conceding four times.

The 2-0 defeat to Rotherham was understandable but tonight’s 2-1 loss in their game in hand against rock bottom Bury sounds like a shocker. A win would have seen them up to fifteenth but as it is they managed to go down the table one place to 19th despite it being the only game in the division.

To be fair to Bury they appear to be in a small run of form and it sounds like they dominated. The Dons are right back in trouble now and the visit of 20th place Northampton on Saturday is going to be a real pressure game.

Comment

Bury did indeed dominate the first half but better finishing from Wimbledon absolutely could have seen them take something from the game.

Comment

Story of the season, sixth best defence in the division but only three teams have scored less. This is why I spend my days feverishly seeking news of them signing Carlton Cole.

Comment

So is Rochdale's build up of games in hand due mainly to their sandy disaster of a pitch? Have they had a lot of games called off?

Comment

It's both. Progress in the cup has seen the need for league games to be rearranged but our two league games immediately preceding the Milwall game were both called off because of the pitch. If we win our games in hand we'll be out of the bottom four but that's still a lot to ask. Momentum and confidence are wonderful things though so who knows...

Comment

Shrewsbury have retaken top spot. Rotherham next. Going to be another big game.

Plymouth are on a bit of a charge, aren't they.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X