No announcement yet.

File under Fylde - Division 3 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The North Stand is for FGR fans. We have sympathy with away fans when the weather is bad and we’re looking to add a roof to the West Stand next season. In the meantime, away fans need to be prepared for inclement conditions.”

In here
    Last edited by Kowalski; 24-11-2017, 20:39.

Comment

What a laughable excuse for a football club FGR are.

D4 not D3 though.

Comment

Sorry, I was in a Nationwide League reverie.

Comment

Back to back defeats for Shrewsbury. Three in a row of you count the FL Trophy.

Nick's been predicting a collapse for a while. It just took longer than we all thought.

Comment

We beat Rotherham.

It's not a collapse yet, and play like we it yesterday, percentages alone will suggest we'll win more than we lose.

What a start we had though, eh?

Comment

Six league wins on the trot for Scunny, including two in 3rd v 4th clashes this week v Bratford and Charlton.
              Josh Morris' goals yesterday were both a bit special, Free kick curled in with the left, then a curler to the opposite corner with his chocolate right foot. I can only find a Murdoch link, but check them out if you like a bit of a curl.

Now in 3rd, two points behind Shrews, basically flashing our lights at them until they get out of the fast lane.You don't often see one of those doing that speed, do you?

Comment

Great. My whole post got deleted when I went to edit...grrr!!!!

Anyway...to the Shrews contingent on here, how are the Norwich loanees doing? (Adams, Godfrey and Morris) Is Morris worth a recall to solve our chronic goal problem? He seems to have spent his whole career farmed out to other clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
                  Great. My whole post got deleted when I went to edit...grrr!!!!

Anyway...to the Shrews contingent on here, how are the Norwich loanees doing? (Adams, Godfrey and Morris) Is Morris worth a recall to solve our chronic goal problem? He seems to have spent his whole career farmed out to other clubs.
                  Morris is a class act at our level IMO but mostly used as a sub thanks to the unexpected (by me) work-rate and scoring exploits of Payne. How much better Championship defenders would deal with him I dunno.

Godfrey has been excellent also. Athletic, strong, good positional and tactical sense, decent passer. Still learning the game but could go a long way.

Adams, I've scarcely seen. Nick will provide more informed/technical assessment on the three.

Re; the Bradford game, we'll play a lot worse and win. (In fact we have quite a few times this season, so it probably evens out.) We bossed the game but were wasteful with chances, imprecise with final passes. It was a decent game and I'm still loving this season.

Tch. Look at that fella. Doesn't he know that 70's a limit, not a target? Pass me a Werthers, Doris, we'll pull over for a tot of tea as soon as I see a lay-by with a pile of chippings.

Comment

What Chris said about Morris and Godfrey.

As for Adams, I saw him play at Forest and I thought he looked promising, but with the form of Ogogo and Godfrey he's no chance of a start at the moment.

Comment

Five defeats and two draws in our last seven games. Meet the new season, same as the old season...

Comment

Finally a win. Hopefully a corner turned.

Comment

How many penalties were saved in this division on Saturday?

Comment

Shrewsbury are back to grinding out 1-0 wins in horrible games. (By all accounts, I wasn't there)

I'm seeing them next weekend. Have declined my brother's suggestion of a Boxing Day trip to Wigan even though it will hopefully be a top of the table clash.

Comment

It was only horrible due to Blackpool time wasting from minute 1 to 55. They got a spurt on after we scored, but didn't trouble us and we deserved the win overall.

A moment of genuine quality from Jon Nolan to win it.

A much tougher test next week from in form Portsmouth.

Comment

Dad said they were time-wasting from the off. Must be a Lancashire coast thing because Fleetwood were the same.

Comment

Wimbledon dismantled 0-4 at home by leaders Wigan yesterday.

I didn’t make it (though sadly a mate of mine took my son to suffer it) but it sounds as if they held out well until half time whereupon Wigan’s manager had a furious rant at the referee who then proceeded to take a far sterner attitude towards home players in the second period. Two bookings and a red card for creative hub Harry Forrester were issued early on with the score at 0-1 and the Dons then collapsed.

They’re one place off the bottom now (though still only one result from being out of the relegation zone such is the number of poor teams around them) but my relegation fears are building again after a relatively good little run of form. Alll the Xmas/NY fixtures look tough starting with Bradford on Saturday, especially with Forrester suspended.

There’s a feel good factor around the club right now with the news regarding Plough Lane and the Wembley Cup tie with Spurs but going down would be the first real obstacle they’ve faced since the regeneration and it always feels like upward momentum is crucial for them, even if it had to stop sometime.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-12-2017, 19:32.

Comment

Moaning at the ref when someone has the cheek to tackle them is what Wigan do.

Petulant, self-entitled arseholes. Nick Powell being chief petulant, self-entitled arsehole.

Comment

We have a few historically big clubs booting round in League One and I could see why Blackburn or Portsmouth (last year Sheffield United or Bolton) could feel it was all a bit beneath them given their history and pedigree. But Wigan have had literally one stretch in the sunlit uplands and a shiny cup and somehow have developed the entitlement to boot. I mean I remember them being equally as shite as we were in the basement divisions for many a hoary year. So to see them play the Billy big balls too big for this league game has me snarfling sarcastically behind my hand.

Comment

EFL stand up for MKF.

Comment

Oh good, another “independent panel”. Laughable cunts.

Comment

I doubt that back at the start of the season anyone had money on Wigan v Shrewsbury on boxing day being a clash between first and second. Still, here we are...

Shrewsbury played very well today. Nice snappy passing and a very good high press. But Wigan won 7-0 away and look unstoppable. I'd take a 0-0 as a more than decent result.
                                            Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 23-12-2017, 18:13.

Comment

A Xmas miracle for Wimbledon, beating and outplaying fourth placed Bradford with 2-1 not really reflecting the balance of play.

The winner was from a terrible goalkeeping error though, well worth looking out for.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-12-2017, 22:34.

Comment

Much appreciated by Shrewsbury fans, that result

Comment

Shrewsbury's high press was so good, we scored the second from a nice bit of sheer-bloody-mindness from Abu Ogogo and Stephan Payne.

A thoroughly enjoyable game of football against a half-decent Pompey.

I don't think I've enjoyed 4 months of football so much for years. Not even during our recent promotion seasons.

Six more points will see us safe.

Comment

Not a believer in 50 points = safe, then, Nick?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X