Mobb (6 feet) Deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobb (6 feet) Deep

Very sad to hear of the death of Prodigy of Mobb Deep this evening. He was only 42 and it must have been sudden as they were only gigging last weekend, I think.

In the 90s most of the hip hop I was listening to was from the west coast. It took years for me to catch up on NAS, Jay Z, Wu-Tang Clan and I only got round to hearing The Infamous a year or so ago. As good a hardcore east coast album as you can get, in my opinion. RIP.

I thought it was another hoax. On OldTF there was a thread about him dying 10-15 years ago if memory serves.

But yeah, that was one incredible run they had.

Comment

Wow, that is tragic.

I noticed something on him last night and really just overlooked it in Facebook feed via a hip hop blog/writer I follow. When I look at Facebook these days, it's pretty much a five minute skim once every 4-5 days.

The title of the article had a slight posthumous feel to it but at the time I thought it was just a reflection of his career to date. It's like the inverse of one of those moments when it appears that someone is writing about someone's death unintentionally by the tense they use.

I'm pretty sure the Mobb Deep boys were Queensbridge born and raised but interestingly met at art school.

EDIT. The Bridge via Strong Island and the condition was Sickle Cell Anaemia. I feel ignorant for not having heard of it before.
      Last edited by Havencheese; 26-06-2017, 19:33.

Comment

RIP indeed. The Infamous stands out as one of the better Rap LP's of arguably the genre's peak era.

I listened to his autobiography on audiobook. He went to school with a daughter of Diana Ross who's called Chudney, which I heard as Chutney.

Comment

Working...
        X