No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a long period of not playing any games at all, I've recently dusted off the PS3 and bought a few games secondhand.

I picked up Dark Souls for a few quid and have become slightly obsessed. Anyone else played / enjoyed this one? I've since bought Dark Souls 2 and Demon Souls, but haven't played them yet.

I may get a PS4 later this year. The recently announced Dark Souls remaster is tempting, plus there's Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne that I'm sure I'll enjoy. The new Red Dead game will be a must (Redemption is one of my favourite games ever); and I'm intrigued by the Final Fantasy 7 remake.
    Last edited by nmfnp1977; 24-01-2018, 10:16.

Comment

If you're after a game to play on the PS3, Portal 2 is the one to go for. it's superb.

When you get a PS4 (because you will) Horizon Zero Dawn and the last Uncharted game are excellent.
      Of course, you must get GTA5 as well.

Comment

Overcooked looks promising, Snipperclips maybe. The Labo thing has already been mentioned. Splatoon might be a hard sell.

The various Mario's are in the mix, but we'll have to see how things go as at the moment she's not shown too much interest in those.

I'm keeping a list though, so any other suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
          If you're after a game to play on the PS3, Portal 2 is the one to go for. it's superb.

When you get a PS4 (because you will) Horizon Zero Dawn and the last Uncharted game are excellent.
          Of course, you must get GTA5 as well.
          Thanks for the suggestions!

HZD looks just like the sort of thing I'd enjoy.

Comment

Anyone going to give Monster Hunter World a go?

It looks quite fun, but without a story as such, I reckon it'd get quite boring quite quickly.
            And for that reason, I'm out.

Comment

I was just coming in to ask the same thing, but I reckon I'm in. Or, at least, will be at some point in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfnp1977 View Post
                After a long period of not playing any games at all, I've recently dusted off the PS3 and bought a few games secondhand.

I picked up Dark Souls for a few quid and have become slightly obsessed. Anyone else played / enjoyed this one? I've since bought Dark Souls 2 and Demon Souls, but haven't played them yet.

I may get a PS4 later this year. The recently announced Dark Souls remaster is tempting, plus there's Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne that I'm sure I'll enjoy. The new Red Dead game will be a must (Redemption is one of my favourite games ever); and I'm intrigued by the Final Fantasy 7 remake.
                Demon's Souls is an absolute bastard of a game. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Me and Ms johnr have just finished Zelda, after over 5 months. That's some game.

Moved on to The Sexy Brutale for a bit of thought-provoking engagement, and Resident Evil Biohazard for when we fancy a bit of a scream. Both are delivering, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                    Demon's Souls is an absolute bastard of a game. I really enjoyed it.
                    Aye, I've not really got into Demon Souls yet. It 'feels' less accessible than Dark Souls. So all my gaming time recently has been spent on Dark Souls.

I've almost finished my first playthrough of Dark Souls. Just the final boss to beat, so I'm going around and collecting stuff I missed and levelling up for the next playthrough. I'm strangely compelled to play through again rather than start DS2.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but as a treat to myself I bought a new gaming headset (I sometimes play XBox when TLMG is in bed, or working, so it completely removes the noise aspect).

Steelseries Arctis 5, bought for £80 (from here,a full £30 less than on the official site). It arrived today, and it. Is. Brilliant. Comfortable, responsive, and just a joy in all respects. I wish that the XBone controller had a USB port / supported 7.1 Surround because then it would be perfect.

Highly recommended.

Comment

While I'm waiting for Sea of Thieves I've been diving back into Overwatch on the Xbox. I suck. I was only ever any good as Junkrat and now everyone and their dog is picking him before me. I've tried Lucio, but other than making opponents dizzy I don't get much done. I've tried Bastion, and I'm pretty good but fatally immobile - probably something they'll put on my tombstone - and the less said about my attempts at the other characters the better.

I think I need to stay away from games where you need decent reflexes.

Comment

The Darkness 2 for PC is free for the next 30 hours on HumbleBundle [Steam key].

Comment

Far Cry 5 anyone?
                            Started it last night. Looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I'm a bit concerned it'll get too complicated what with the getting allies on board things. Would rather lay waste on my tod, to be honest.

Comment

Yeah, I'm playing it. Still only a couple hours in. It's not complicated - just let them do their thing, or press a button to make them attack a particular target. I'm liking it quite a bit so far - I skipped everything after 3, so I'm not worn out on the formula - but it's pretty damn buggy. I've had several hard freezes and random jank, especially around NPC AI. Hoping the graphics driver upgrade will deal with the former issue.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                Me and Ms johnr have just finished Zelda, after over 5 months. That's some game.

Moved on to The Sexy Brutale for a bit of thought-provoking engagement, and Resident Evil Biohazard for when we fancy a bit of a scream. Both are delivering, so far.
                                Well, both didn't sustain us in the way we'd hoped; might still finish RE, but the laughs are few and far between...

Got the Shadow of the Colossus remake for PS4. I can see why it was so influential, but it's also clear that many have since done variations on the same thing, better. I can't face doing the same thing - find the monster, beat it - another 13 times, so I'm out.

Am currently downloading the free - it's free everybody, for a limited time! - PS4 Hitman Spring Pack, which apparently includes the best episode, Sapienza. Will also be getting A Way Out - looks intriguing, and we really enjoyed Two Brothers, the designer's previous game.

Comment

With my finger as far away from the pulse as ever, I've just finished Watch Dogs 2 after sinking a couple of months of available time into it.

No classic, but if you're up for an open world mission-heavy hacker's paradise world, it's cheap and you could do worse. Clearly post-GTA V, a striking difference I found is that the online element is far more collaborative and less overrun with prats - more often than not, if I ran into another player, we'd help each other out and go on missions together. The last thing I did before turning the game off was bump into someone in the street and we both spontaneously triggered the 'dance' command. Exited with a smile on my face.

Comment

I watched an episode of Eurogamer's "Late to the Party" on YouTube yesterday, a feature where they revisit an older game which a member of the panel loves, but another one has never played. This one concerned Rogue Legacy, and the video amused and intrigued me so much I downloaded it on XBone for £12 earlier.

I love it.

Comment

I've discovered Factorio and now I want my life back, but only if it's organized for maximum production efficiency and throughput.

Comment

Far Cry is excellent fun, but buggy as all hell. More than once I've had to restart from checkpoints as NPCs haven't triggered mission sections.

Comment

God of War is really very good, and I say that as someone who had grown very tired of the old formula.

Comment

I think Imma buy a Switch.

Comment

I've managed to reclaim my life from the jaws of Factorio but promptly lost it again to Frostpunk

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                                I've managed to reclaim my life from the jaws of Factorio but promptly lost it again to Frostpunk
                                                If it's any consolation, I hear the replayability is limited. It's next on my list after I finish God of War. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

I parachuted right through the ground into a white world last night.
                                                  Then died.
                                                  Buggy game.

Comment

Has anyone played Nier:automata? It doesn't seem to be my sort of thing but I read some glowing reviews of the story it tells.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X