No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really, from what I'm hearing. The combat plays pretty much identically*, from what I hear, and the story, while actually in the game this time, is no better. If you like Nathan Fillion, it has that going for it.

*Same enemies and everything. I suppose it changes things a bit in that the special weapons are different.

Comment

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/31/16...date-platforms

Hmm. I want to try it, but it makes me very uneasy.

Comment

I get the feeling that developers are rolling back from the online only thing a bit, Destiny and Battlefront were 2 AAA titles that went with it and are not for their sequels.
        And HZD is the biggest game of the year and singles player only. Could there be a shift back towards online being subservient to the single player campaign?

Comment

Really? I thought D2 required an online connection. I think, if anything, it's going the other way, given that everything has to have fucking loot boxes these days. That said, publishers do seem to be getting a little better about unlocking single-player when they switch off the servers.

Comment

Yeah, D2 needs a connection.

Anyway, the story in this one is much better than 1 (it would be hard to be worse, TBF). I've completed that and now I'm waiting for my mates to catch up so we can get stuck into the strikes and raids.

Comment

Oh yeah, I know it needs a connection (so you can see other players around you) but D1 didn't really have anything in the way of single player campaign.
              I'm given to believe D2 does.

Comment

Finished up Lone Echo over the weekend. Probably the best VR-only game I've played, and certainly the most VR-y. If you played Adr1ft and wanted more game, this is for you.

Comment

Not complaining about more Grand Theft Horsey.

Comment

I think my kid wants a SNES mini. She just hasn't realized it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                      Not complaining about more Grand Theft Horsey.

I've been looking forward to this for ages. The last one was sensational, with the best ending I've ever seen in a game*. I was genuinely upset when they gunned Marston down.

*I know there was that little revenge bit with his son afterwards, which I tend to forget when looking back.

Comment

Yes, that ending was superb. One of the few to make me genuinely angry (in a good way). So much so that I turned his son into a killing machine, which I rather suspect was the point.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                          I think my kid wants a SNES mini. She just hasn't realized it yet.
                          If she doesn't want it you can always send it to me.

Comment

I'm on Horizon Zero Dawn. Story mode,obviously.

Comment

How's HZD going, Auntie Beryl?

I've played it through twice now and my fingers are itching for the DLC release in November.

Comment

I finally finished it myself the other week. Ended up turning the difficulty down shortly after the point of no return, because fuck that noise. I think I'm going to wait on the DLC. Way too many games in my backlog and Mario and still to come out.

Currently playing Hob, a lovely little Zelda-lite game from the Torchlight people.

Comment

Yeah that last set of battles is a tester, eh?
                                  I'm just playing Rise of the Tomb raider. Didn't like it when I got it, but now I've played HZD and a couple of Nathan Drakes I felt more attuned to that sort of thing.
                                  S'alright actually.

Comment

Loving HZD, thanks for asking.

I really don't manage combat in story based games well - not one of my strengths - so when i learned a pisseasy story mode had been added, I was in like Flynn. 40% done right now.

Comment

It's worth giving it a little bit of difficultly. (I played through once on Easy and once on Normal) as the satisfaction you get bringing down Thunderjaws etc. is mint.

I've just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider.
                                      All a bit earnest and silly really. A relatively decent diversion for a few hours, but I've no desire to revisit it at all. Unlike HZD and GTA5 which I'm still pottering about with.

Comment

I've been kicking myself all day for a stupid, decidely n00b error I made in armour levelling on Destiny last night.

Comment

I hate it when that happens

Comment

I know, right?

What's more annoying is that I did the same thing again a few days later. Stupid boy.

Comment

Due to an inheritance, I suddenly have enough money for a PS4 (I'll do something sensible with the rest, honest). Is there any advantage in getting one of the posh Pro ones, or am I best off going for the Slimline (ie Cheap) model?

Comment

If you have a 4k telly, get the pro. If not, then get the normal one. Get a 1tb model though.

Comment

I've been kicking myself all day for a stupid, decidely n00b error I made in armour levelling on Destiny last night.
                                                  Care to elaborate so I don't make the same one?

Comment

Always factor in your mod slots.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X