No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucked off that Doom business and treated myself to splashing out fifteen bob on the last Wolfenstein. Slicing Nazi throats. Very pleasant.

Comment

It's good, engaging fun in the way that Doom isn't.

Comment

Ooh, my Switch just got delivered.

Comment

Destiny 2 beta. I like it.

Comment

So having decided Witcher is a bit daft, (I.e. I'm not very good at it) I switched to Uncharted 4. I've never played a Drake game before. It was surprisingly decent. I mean the game play was a bit dull at times (just how many half a mile long cliffs can one man shimmy across?) but the cinematic nature of it and the scripting and vocal performance made it very good indeed. Short though, compared to HZD. 15 hours vs 80.
            Anyway I went back to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which I'd played about an hour of.
            Surprisingly good, I thought. I'd have lived to have been in the pitch meeting though.

***************Spoiler alert*****************

"So it's like a cross between The Archers and Contact."

"Riiiiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttt..."

Comment

Maybe go back and play Uncharted 2, which has probably the best story and acting in the series (might have been an idea to play it before 4, given that a lot of the story beats are payoffs from previous games).

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                Had a mini heart attack earlier when my XBox decided to shut itself down twice in ten minutes. A quick inspection of the power brick revealed very clogged vents, so a quick once over with the hoover sorted it.

Crisis averted.
                The problem I have is my Xbox switching itself on at random points during the day for no apparent reason at all.

Comment

It's a Poltergoost!

Comment

More likely some form of Microsoft-fronted spying exercise.

Comment

I got up this morning and my XBox had turned itself on.

I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

Comment

Spent much of the weekend playing Fortnite, the forever-in-development-now-in-early-access crafting zombie defence thing from Epic. There's a really good game in there somewhere, and the building tools are really well done, but holy cow it's buried under the most obtuse, over-elaborate progression system I've ever encountered, which is just thrown in your lap with barely any explanation (despite an incredibly long effective tutorial phase.

Comment

Been playing HZD through again on New Game +.
                          I really am an absolutely reaper at this game (on normal difficulty level.)

Comment

So I've put HZD replay aside for a bit, right before the last mission.
                            Uncharted Lost Legacy arrived yesterday, so I gave that a short spin instead. (As did GY, I saw on my Playstation.)

Comment

I've started a new game of No Man's Sky now the Atlas Rises update has come out. Had big problems initially with my pc rebooting but tracked it to the GPU overheating - took the heat sink off, cleaned off the old thermal paste and applied Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (bloody stupid name if you ask me, which I'm sure that you did) and now all is well. Especially now I've set a fairly aggressive fan speed curve in MSI Afterburner.

Also recently fancied a blast on Sid Meier's Starships at £5 but as GreenManGaming were selling it bundled with Sid's Civilization Beyond Earth for a tenner I got that too. Two colonies have declared war on me and I've lost my smallest city (razed to the ground, bastards) to one of them. Starting to fight back though.

Comment

Played through the new Uncharted game over the weekend, for my first real bit of HDR gaming (I had no idea the basic PS4 could do HDR, so that's nice). Great stuff for the most part, though as with all the Uncharted games the enemy encounters in the last act suck. Still, some great set pieces and until the end the combat balance is probably the best so far.

Comment

Yeah, I'd agree with all that. I quite enjoyed the jeeps and bikes bit though.

Comment

The train combat was definitely better than the two encounters before it. It could easily have been half as long though. And I don't like games that spend ages training you that everything can be stealthed if you're careful enough, and then shove you into forced head-on combat encounters. I'm looking at you, Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Comment

Meanwhile, I played a bit of the Destiny 2 open beta on PC yesterday. Performed very well and looked decent, so they seem to have done a good job overall with the port, though bizarrely it didn't make any effort to teach you the keybindings in the opening strike, despite it clearly being a tutorial mission. So I still don't know how to put out a shield wall. Guess I'll have to dig through the menus before I play it again.

I liked what I saw, but I'm going to wait for reviews given how I bounced off the first game on PS4. I'm more inclined to play it simply because it's on PC (I much prefer to use M+K for shooters) and apparently they improved Destiny a lot after launch. But it's also clearly a franchise built around end-game raiding and PVP, which I have almost no interest in. If there's not a lot of interesting semi-casual PvE content, then I'm not going to bother.

Comment

I got in a whole day and a half of gaming on the pc before sudden reboots without overheating. Windows event log showed the dreaded event id 41 - which is a sign of a dying PSU. So now I have a nice new guaranteed for seven years PSU and am up and flying my Starbug 1 in NMS again.

Comment

Just pre-ordered Destiny 2 digital deluxe edition. 90 quid, but I figure the base game plus expansions will be more than that, so I'm saving money.

Or something.

Anyway. I have mates who I can play online with, so raids and stuff make sense. Looking forward to it.

Comment

On PC?

Comment

XBone.

Comment

Fired Destiny 2 up at midnight, seeing as I'm a) off work and b) a sad case.

Minor wait for server space, but once I was in, I was in. So far it's very enjoyable, more of the same but if you like Destiny then that's no bad thing.

Comment

Managed to grind my way to level 15. Some missions feel stressful, others are a joyful romp through some great design. Top notch voice acting.

It's good!

Comment

I found the lack of single player story annoying on Destiny.
                                                    Also that the big aliens took so long to kill. I mean, you weren't in any real danger, but it was just 10 minutes of attrition to get anywhere.
                                                    Have they sorted these things out in 2?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X