No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch arrives tomorrow. If I don't post for a while it's because I'm playing Zelda.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
      If it's any consolation, I hear the replayability is limited. It's next on my list after I finish God of War. Really looking forward to it.
      Yes, there are currently only three scenarios that are unlocked sequentially. More will be added no doubt. It's one of those "how is it 3am?" games that will keep me playing once I start but I think I will burn through fairly quickly.

Comment

Has anyone played Nier:automata? It doesn't seem to be my sort of thing but I read some glowing reviews of the story it tells.
        I have it and played it for a couple of hours. Seemed fairly standard fayre. Apparently it gets better as it goes along, but I also read that it doesn't make much sense until you play it through a second time, which rather put me off given I've only ever played half a dozen games through more than once.

Comment

My Switch arrived today.

Less the three games it was supposed to arrive with, because some thieving cunt of a DPD employee saw fit to slice the box open and take them.

So now, of course, I've reported that to the seller, who will have to investigate with them. Which will take five days, and uncover absolutely nothing.

Considering just sending it back and getting a refund. The shine has seriously gone.

Comment

Actually, no. More accurately, I'd prefer to give my money to a company who give enough of a shit not to entrust my property to a bunch of thieving fucking arseholes.

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate. It's a right pain in the hole.

Comment

To say the least. They're apparently going to send me new copies of the games, in an attempt to put things right.

Guess which courier they're using?

Comment

Anyway. For the time being I needn't worry about my games being stolen by DPD, because they haven't even been shipped yet.

This is a masterclass in how not to handle a complaint.

Comment

Got your games yet?

Comment

They arrived today. Thankfully this DPD driver was honest enough to not steal anything.

So. To reprise, if I don't post for a while it's because I'm playing Zelda.

Comment

I envy you the journey you're about to go on. It kept me and Ms johnr entertained for nearly six months.

Comment

Between that and Mario Odyssey I'll barely have time for anything else.

Comment

Which is a pisser, when you consider I just started a new job.

Comment

My flatmate has been obsessively playing Persona. Batshit madness. Music that sounds like Mars Volta produced by Donald Fagen. That makes it sound better than it is but.

Comment

Finished Far Cry 5 the other day. Pretty disappointing in the end.
                                The gameplay was fun enough, if horribly buggy.
                                But the story was a pile of old shite.
                                Not sure I can be bothered clearing up the side missions.

Comment

Can't stop playing Overwatch, after a six month absence. Really enjoying it.

Sea of Thieves is also still on my list, but as I normally play with the same crew that restricts us to Sunday mornings (dad gaming).

Comment

Same here. Don't bother with the side missions. All of the good ones are in John Seed's (AKA the first boss) area. The rest consist of "Go here and catch this fish" "Go here and shoot this bear with a pistol" "Go here and find a collection of LPs hidden in a house" - purely completionist stuff.
                                    Oh yeah, wasn't going to bother with that stuff anyway. Couldn't be less interested. The only game I've ever "Platinumed" is HZD but that's because I was having so much fun tooling around, it wasn't arduous.
                                    I more meant the freeing prisoners and liberating camps thing.

The oddest thing about Far Cry was that as soon as you had the M60 with silencer and the second best sight and a rocket launcher, you are basically unbeatable. And I got that in about my 4th or 5th mission. The M60 can act as a sniper rifle and for close combat and a double shot takes down all but the most armoured baddies. And if you need the extra firepower for vehicles, grenades and rocket launcher do the job.
                                    Last edited by hobbes; 11-05-2018, 08:53.

Comment

The only Far Cry game I played was 4 and the tedious grind of side missions put me right off. Go there, hunt this, climb that tower, attack that generic template base. The main plot quests were okay but drowning in a mire of repetitive content.

Comment

D2 is into season 3, with a new DLC available and new power levels, weapons, etc.

I know it's not for everyone, but I love the grind.

Comment

Officially in love with Super Mario Odyssey.

Comment

I went 38-0 on Black Ops 3 yesterday. (Team Death Match, Hunted map, supressed Man O War.)

There are limited opportunities to mention that fact in real life.

Comment

Played and finished God of War. It was OK. Much better written than Far Cry 5 but a lot less fun. The set up is proper confusing too which makes doing side missions more of a chore than fun.

Comment

Just playing the first Far Cry 5 dlc. Set in Vietnam.
                                                It's pretty fun.

Comment

Went back to Mass Effect Andromeda recently. It's a much better game than I first thought. They really fucked up the start so you're completely lost if you've never played it before, but it gets much better as you go along.
                                                  It's a supremely ambitious game. It fails at a lot of things, but succeeds in many more.

Comment

Back to Fallout 4 + DLC. Man there's a lot of this game.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X